• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to barge in Aus GAF just wanted to ask a quick question about Christmas down here

Do stores do a lot of deals/mark downs on prices like on Black Friday in NA?

I'm in the market for a Note 10.1 and I'm wondering if there is going to be a significant discount in the coming weeks; if not, I'd rather get it now.

Thanks!!

On boxing day there's significant price reductions but in unsure whether electronic goods are included. I've never done a boxing day thing before.

Jambo, I installed Pocket Planes. My life will go down the drain playing this game.

Echoplx

Windows 8 is actually pretty damn nice tbh, 'Metro' is essentially a glorified start menu and you can pretty much ignore it completely if you want to.

Sorry to barge in Aus GAF just wanted to ask a quick question about Christmas down here

Do stores do a lot of deals/mark downs on prices like on Black Friday in NA?

I'm in the market for a Note 10.1 and I'm wondering if there is going to be a significant discount in the coming weeks; if not, I'd rather get it now.

Thanks!!

Generally not worth the bother.

Omikron

MOTHER FUCKING VIDEO GAMES!

iyjPNN2C067gW.jpg

Motherfucking plates.

I ate way too much Chinese food last night. Also the Chinese takeaway places here are average at best, would kill for some from the 3 awesome ones in Belmont!

Windows 8 is actually pretty damn nice tbh, 'Metro' is essentially a glorified start menu and you can pretty much ignore it completely if you want to.
Oh cool! Thanks Chop! Might grab a copy

jambo

Jambo, I installed Pocket Planes. My life will go down the drain playing this game.

I played it constantly until I hit level 13 and then it just takes too long to do anything. I ended up downloading Tiny Tower as well and I'm still playing it all these months later.

Ningo

Reminds me of a mate who ate a giant bowl of Coco Pops and Froot Loops with Coopers Pale Ale to win a bet.

Schoolies flashback, did the same thing but I don't recall what cereal.

Have an inkling they were loops but I seem to recall the bowl had started normally with milk and then the beer was added after. Wasn't too bad.

I'm writing a story about the R18 ratings finally coming to Queensland. Watch me not even slightly give credence to people crying "won't someone think of the children."

Beer and cereal? Forgo the cereal. A nice cold beer after a long night/morning drinking is the perfect breakfast when you haven't slept, and it's 6am.

Shaneus

Heads up people, XCOM is roughly $33 or so on GMG with their coupon right now. Get on it! can't wait to play.
You bastard.

So far, I have recently bought (or acquired):
Dishonoured
WRC3
Darkness II (ty rep!)
Forza Horizon
Hell Yeah!
The Club (Bizarre game, only $3 on Steam. Couldn't say no!)
Dark Souls

I think that's all been within the last week or two (at least, since that Video Ezy sale was announced).

Guess X-Com could get added to that list. I'll try and be strong, though.

jambo

I don't get the yoghurt in cereal thing either, it just looks all thick and gunked together.

But then I don't like yoghurt in the first place...

Fredescu

Bacon? - yes
Beer? - yes
Yoghurt? - yes
Pickle? - yes
Avocado? - yes
Banana? - yes
Tofu? - yes
Parmesan cheese? - yes
Spam? - yes

jambo

Bacon? - YES
Beer? - yes
Yoghurt? - no
Pickle? - no
Avocado? - no (the texture makes me feel weird)
Banana? - YES
Tofu? - no
Parmesan cheese? - YES (love all cheese)
Spam? - never tried it

What kind of monster would do that. Just eat it dry if you don't like milk :(
Some people do it because they're lactose intolerant. Others because they are on a diet. Some because they are vegan. There are reason. Doesn't lessen the grossness, though.

Bacon? Yes
Beer? Fuck no.
Yoghurt? Yes
Pickle? No way.
Avocado? Not really.
Banana? Yeppers!
Tofu? Come here and ask me that. I dare you.
Parmesan cheese? Sure.
Spam? Depends on if I want to add 3 inches or stay harder for longer.

Bacon? Yes
Beer? Yes
Yoghurt? Yes
Pickle? No
Avocado? Yes
Banana? Yes
Tofu? If it's crunchy, yes, if it's gooey, no
Parmesan cheese? Yes
Spam? Never tried it. Assuming no

Bacon? YES
Beer? YES
Yoghurt? Nahhhh
Pickle? No chance
Avocado? Nahhhhh
Banana? YES
Tofu? Nope, unless smothered in some sauce thing
Parmesan cheese? YES
Spam? Yes

Surprised so far that everyone is pro-Parmesan and pro-Banana, seems like so many people I know hate both of them. Banana for the texture and Parmesan for the smell I guess.

Spam is an awesome throwback to trying it while at uni on the pretense that it is weird and ironic but turned out to be not bad indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom