• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekun

Thats what made it good >_<

I think it got up its own ass by the end of the third season. It totally lost its balance of good comedy and clever meta humor.

But what I'm saying is that Dan Harmon is basically the only person who could pull that off. So hopefully with the fourth season, they won't even try and we'll get a good solid comedy instead of an awkward imitation.

So, star wars Disney hey. That is weird and exciting.

nooooooooooooo-629-1308233980-23.jpg

Why don't people like Disney? Aside from topmen.jpg of course.

So the first of the 3 games I bought from "Video Ezy" just arrived, Dishonored, from Kowloon Hong Kong.

Not shocked. Assumed as much going by all the evidence.

Plus the fact my order hasn't arrived yet, even when I will probably have my 2nd Mighty Ape order in that timespan arrive tomorrow.

Actually, reminds me I am still waiting on a Harvey Norman order! Fuck, I wonder if I was meant to pick it up?

hamchan

Disney taking over Star Wars is possibly one of the best things to happen to this franchise because Lucas sure wasn't putting out quality works.

Ningo

Why don't people like Disney? Aside from topmen.jpg of course.

Not shocked. Assumed as much going by all the evidence.

Plus the fact my order hasn't arrived yet, even when I will probably have my 2nd Mighty Ape order in that timespan arrive tomorrow.

Actually, reminds me I am still waiting on a Harvey Norman order! Fuck, I wonder if I was meant to pick it up?

Yea not a bad thing, UK copy. It is just basic airmail though so it could take a while.

jambo

But guys, don't you remember what happened when Disney took over Pixar and Marvel? We got horrible films like Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3 and The Avengers!

They'll never match the greatness that was Attack of the Clones.

jambo

Also, afaik Lucasfilm is going to be run as a separate entity, so it will pretty much be business as usual, just with a new Star Wars film in production.

There won't be Disney producers and execs constantly telling them what to make. Everyone always points to Cars 2, but that push mainly came from John Lasseter within Pixar.

Disney taking over Star Wars is possibly one of the best things to happen to this franchise because Lucas sure wasn't putting out quality works.

The one positive I can see: we might finally get a high definition release of the original trilogy, remastered (i.e. the prints cleaned up), but without all of the ridiculous shit that Lucas added later.

So I have a 3 day pax pass also, must've got one of the last lot.

If you're technically inclined (and I'll assume you are since you bought a Nexus S), you may want to look into doing the occasional 'adb pull /sdcard/ C:phonebackup' which will backup everything on the phone's internal memory. Easy to restore with an 'adb push C:phonebackup /sdcard/' if you need to. You will need the Android SDK installed to achieve this.

damn that's great, i have sdk installed already. i'll keep it in mind for once it's repaired. The power button died first and then it stopped turning on at all the night i was planning to back it up manually.

Raxum

I agree with Jintor on this, I don't even understand rivalry of support with e-sports teams. I just like seeing awesomely skilled players pitted against each other making awesome plays. It makes for a really interesting watch.

Rezbit

I'll never understand sports. I barely understand fighting game competitiveness.

Why do you enjoy games? Why do you like reading books? It's a form of escapism, people enjoy watching other people with elite fitness and endurance doing skillful displays. When your team wins it makes you feel damn good. Do you not have a competitive streak at all?

Also, Disney buying Star Wars is huge, but I guess really it means nothing, the movies will be like the prequels.

Fredescu

No... I think sports fandom is closer to something like a community than it is to escapism.
That might be how it looks from the outside because the parochial elements are the loudest and most colourful, but enjoyment of the actual gameplay is paramount. Personally I love watching the English Premier League even though I don't support any particular team. Likes and dislikes for teams just develop naturally as a result of human nature, but you don't get there without enjoying the tension and suspense of the game.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Really? How is he not a massive upgrade on Norman?
I guess I just don't like Prince very much.

It would be hard to not be an upgrade on Norman though, so its good in that sense. Not a very good signing for our long term though. I wanted to see a Wallace/Hunt combo given some time.

Prior to this signing you guys were locks for the bottom four.
I don't know about that. Battling for the last positions in the eight would have been my projection.

I guess I just don't like Prince very much.

It would be hard to not be an upgrade on Norman though, so its good in that sense. Not a very good signing for our long term though. I wanted to see a Wallace/Hunt combo given some time.

Agreed it's not a long term solution, but it should let Norman/Hunt develop in other positions without the pressure or in the Q Cup. Actually I'd imagine Hunt would stick around backing up Macca.

Or this from Zane Bojack of ABC Radio

Me thinks Corey Norman to fullback and Hoffman to the wing in 2013 at Broncos with Prince and Wallace in the halves #NRLFavourites2013?

You just need to believe in The Force.
I'll put my money on the team with a Norse God... and

Hulk smash puny Jedi.

that too.

Regarding Star Warisney films: no one will make a film that will please the fans. Lack of original cast, the inclusion of original cast, adhering to the EU novels, straying from the EU novels, too dark, too lighthearted, etc, etc. I don't think they can really please the big fan. Not anymore. Too much time has passed, hype and expectations have been formed that all work against the franchise.

The odds are that no one will ever be happy about any other Star Wars films. The odds are that Disney will make a shitload of money from people forming those opinions by handing over walletsfull of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom