• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Parmesan for the smell I guess.

Cheese is very interesting, especially parmesan. I remember reading about or watching a tv bit about a study where researchers had bags of parmesan that they got people to smell. If they told people it was vomit in the bag they would think it was horrible. If they told people it was grated parmesan they loved the smell.

They both have the same acids in them, but people seem to be fine with it once they know it's cheese.

Bacon? Nope. (Vegetarian now, but didn't fancy it before either).
Beer? Very rarely. Cider is my main drink.
Yoghurt? Never been fond of it, but can suffer through a cup once in a while.
Pickle? Yes, but mainly cucumber.
Avocado? For sure. Dips, spreads, et al.
Banana? I don't even touch bananas. Literally. Ew.
Tofu? Don't mind but not particularly fond of it.
Parmesan cheese? YES!
Spam? Nope. Never had it and don't want to either.[/QUOTE]

N0VAM0D

Bacon? YES
Beer? YES
Yoghurt? sort of yes
Pickle? no
Avocado? YEAH
Banana? nono no n o nono
Tofu? no
Parmesan cheese? no
Spam? never tried it

Surprised so far that everyone is pro-Parmesan and pro-Banana, seems like so many people I know hate both of them. Banana for the texture and Parmesan for the smell I guess.

Spam is an awesome throwback to trying it while at uni on the pretense that it is weird and ironic but turned out to be not bad indeed!

Yeah, I can't stand banana because of it's texture, and parmesan just smells awful. I'm really sensitive to food textures, and it always plays a huge role in whether I enjoy the food or not.

Fredescu

Cheese is very interesting, especially parmesan. I remember reading about or watching a tv bit about a study where researchers had bags of parmesan that they got people to smell. If they told people it was vomit in the bag they would think it was horrible. If they told people it was grated parmesan they loved the smell.

They both have the same acids in them, but people seem to be fine with it once they know it's cheese.
That reminds me a little of eating durian. I felt like there was a switch in my head where if I could convince myself it was a fruit, I could focus on that and "enjoy" it, but I could also convince myself that I was eating a large ripe poo, and not enjoy it so much.

That reminds me a little of eating durian. I felt like there was a switch in my head where if I could convince myself it was a fruit, I could focus on that and "enjoy" it, but I could also convince myself that I was eating a large ripe poo, and not enjoy it so much.

I can imagine the facial expression if you think of large ripe poo halfway through a mouthful.

Bacon? Yar (but not the fatty white bits)
Beer? Nope
Yoghurt? Yes
Pickle? YES YES YES. Everyone hating pickles has been a godsend, since it means I can add everyone else's to my burger.
Avocado? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Banana? YES
Tofu? Yeah, though when its not cooked its kinda meh.
Parmesan cheese? of course!
Spam? no.

http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/templates_pronunciation

It seems like playtes is preferred in the UK and pluts in the US. But then the link above has an English accent pronouncing it pluts.

lol, until you posted this I had no idea what the discussion was about. Assumed it was some kind of programming jibberish -_-

Jintor

hand back your asian card :|

RaceCard2.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Bacon? yes
Beer? yes
Yoghurt? yes
Pickle? no
Avocado? no
Banana?yes
Tofu? eh
Parmesan cheese? yes
Spam?never had

Bacon? Breakfast of champions
Beer? Hell yes
Yoghurt? Yes
Pickle? No
Avocado. Yes
Banana? Yes
Tofu? No
Parmesan cheese? Yes
Spam? No

In slightly gaming related news, canceled my videoezy order, none of my preorders so far have shipped on launch date. On the plus side canceling was easy.

My Video Ezy order arrived yesterday.
Looked like a regular Play Asia order of Asian descent.
Game was indeed a region free Asian version.

Not shocked.

Had some friends thinking of getting Halo 4 for around $55 from Dungeon Crawl but it wouldn't arrive until 2 weeks after release anyway so OzGameShop was cheaper and of similar delivery time.

Raxum

Time for a survery? What's a survery? It's that like a surgery and a servery in one?

Bacon? Put it in everything...
Beer? Meh
Yoghurt? Meh
Pickle? Only for sticking to things or sneaking into people's burgers that hate pickle
Avocado? That stuff is EDIBLE?! I thought it was a paint...
Banana? nananananananananana (Only in smoothies)
Tofu? What martial art is that? (I'm a carnivore)
Parmesan cheese? Smells like a mixture of vomit and mold, but surprisingly makes things taste better
Spam? NO MAILING LISTS! STOP SENDING ME STUFF

Not shocked.

Had some friends thinking of getting Halo 4 for around $55 from Dungeon Crawl but it wouldn't arrive until 2 weeks after release anyway so OzGameShop was cheaper and of similar delivery time.

Did your Video Ezy order mention that the games were PAL? Mine specifically mentioned PAL, if they turn out to be Asian then they're going to get it from me.

Also, DC international takes 2 weeks. DC in-store is usually same day as the game release.

Did your Video Ezy order mention that the games were PAL? Mine specifically mentioned PAL, if they turn out to be Asian then they're going to get it from me.

Also, DC international takes 2 weeks. DC in-store is usually same day as the game release.

DC won't get stock of the cheap Halo 4 until the week after release (since they have to wait for it to get here obviously) and then post it out again once separating the stock.

Also
Your Order Details:
Order Date: 23/10/2012
Dark Messiah: Might & Magic Elements (Xbox 360) XBox 360 game - PAL $11.16
Shipping $2.00

Sub-Total: $11.96
Tax (GST): $1.20

Total: $13.16

Nope :)

I assumed it would mostly be Asian stock though since they are run through WOW HD. Comparing prices between the stores you could see which ones were Asian stock since they list it properly on WOW HD.

Fogz

I got Dishonoured PC today and Metal Gear HD is on its way. It was shipped from Hong Kong but it looks like the UK release.

r1chard

Bacon? yes
Beer? yes
Yoghurt? only as part of a greater whole
Pickle? no
Avocado? yes
Banana? yes
Tofu? yes if flavoured
Parmesan cheese? yes
Spam? I love it!
no

Cadbury Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy Beanies? yes, yes a thousand times yes

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/avatars/algenib_1331523392_600.jpg/IMG]

just ordered a canvas print of this[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/utpws.jpg

And I thought I was the only one! :')

Who likes pickles or who awkwardly glaces at their friends picking the pickles off their burger like "you're not gonna eat it then.." cause it would be weird to just ask? :p

Cadbury Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy Beanies? yes, yes a thousand times yes

:O I've been meaning to try these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom