• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Those cheeky bastards! My Video Ezy AC3 order was still showing backorder 10 minutes ago, so I sent them an email asking to cancel the order. I just got an email saying that my order has been dispatched.

I'm still returning it if it turns out to be a Asia copy.
Is it coming by boat?

Ningo

Last HSC exam tomorrow! Which means, I'm going to have a hell of a lot of spare time on my hands. Any game suggestions, AusGAF?

Good luck!

Sleeping dogs is a romp and a half, just finished it yesterday and is my GOTY so far.

What type of games you are into?

Remember when Milo bars were fucking awesome? They were basically just solidified Milo covered in chocolate. Now they have these rice bits and caramel bits and they've fucked it completely. Fuck you, Nestle.

Should i skip the first AC? That's assuming the other AC I have (Brotherhood) is AC2.
No more Milo bars? I remember ones that were like the Kit Kat Chunky bars but with Milo! They were awesome. Fuck I neeeeed one now.

Also I highly recommend picking up AssCree1. You don't have 2? Fuck man, I'll mail you my copies tomorrow. PM me your address and I'll send through whatever AC games you don't have. You can grab a double pack of 1&2 for under $20 now in any case.

I (like the mighty Cod by the sound of it) loved the first game for how focused the thrust of the game was. You need to assassinate these guys, you are a lone wolf, you are in this city full of people, fuck collecting shit (aside from some unimportant flags for a cheevo) just get your job done. People complained about having the choice to gather intel before the assassination, which does indeed only have 3 or so different types of mechanic but there was enough story reveal and slicey dicey in between that I didn't notice.

AC2 just took the whole production up to 11. Like Sam Raimi going from Within The Woods to The Evil Dead . Everything was fleshed out properly and you can see the immense amount of care taken to fill this amazing world chock full of content and life. The story itself spans a long period of time and suits the longer form tutorial that Ubisoft seems to like.

Beer. Oh yes. Beer. Omi, nice choice man. They're the standard fapp beers nowdays.
I'll admit I don't have an allotted fapp beer 0_o

Last HSC exam tomorrow! Which means, I'm going to have a hell of a lot of spare time on my hands. Any game suggestions, AusGAF?
The Walking Dead
To The Moon
The Darkness 2
Sleeping Dogs
Spec Ops The Line

Rep: Did you watch this? It makes Gerstmann awesome. I'm about to watch this, too. Fuck, I always get teary reading about Bizarre :(
Seems like a similar reaction to what was had here. I wonder how they took the Psygnosis takedown :(

Also couldn't get through more than 3 minutes of the Blur video, camera was all over the shop and the editing was giving me the shits.

I'm about to get ready for some Halo 4, does anyone know where I can get cheap XBL gold and some MS points? (doesn't really need MS pts atm, but more wanting cheap gold)

12 months gold for $39
4000 points for $40 (usually around the $38-45 mark, MUCH cheaper than through the dashboard)

I've used this guy several times now.

Those cheeky bastards! My Video Ezy AC3 order was still showing backorder 10 minutes ago, so I sent them an email asking to cancel the order. I just got an email saying that my order has been dispatched.

I'm still returning it if it turns out to be a Asia copy.
Didn't it release last Wednesday? Slow pre-order delivery!

The devs behind it dont work so well. Get it? The studio got closed and they lost their jobs!
eacj6.png

Dead Man

With PAL copy it's easier to buy DLC content as AU PSN store works with any PAL game. For Asia you need to use a HK/singapore account for DLC's.

It's also easy to sell the game on ebay/gumtree.

Yes, and yes.

Not always. Sometimes they match it to the bles code of the disc.

jambo

God damn, lightning just hit the house behind us@!!!

This storm is crazy. Pretty sure one of the houses around us got hit, because the fucking windows rattled violently when the thunder came through. Scared the shit out of the dog. He's hiding under under a chair, shaking :(

Looks like power is off for the entire block around us, street lights and all.

N0VAM0D

Congrats.

My completely unbiased suggestions, football manager 2013 and crusader kings 2.

Lies and slander! However, I'll check them out, thanks!

Good luck!

Sleeping dogs is a romp and a half, just finished it yesterday and is my GOTY so far.

What type of games you are into?

Thank you!

Sleeping Dogs, you say?! I've heard good things. I'll give it a go, for sure.

I'm open to most types of games, honestly. First person gives me some insane vertigo, though, which is a shame.

The Walking Dead
To The Moon
The Darkness 2
Sleeping Dogs
Spec Ops The Line

Another Sleeping Dogs suggestion, nice! Just read up on it, definitely seems worth a go. I'll have a look at what the others mentioned have to offer, as well!

LOL AssCreed3 was the second biggest launch of the year behind FIFA. Those moneybags.

Seems JB Hi Fi are sending my copy of Halo 4 by boat. Shipped Friday from Melbourne, Adelaide is not that far!

Shitload of thunder and lightning at the moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ#t=197s
You should have ordered the $44 copy through Beat The Bomb, they are based in Adelaide so you would have gotten your copy today without a doubt!

Another Sleeping Dogs suggestion, nice! Just read up on it, definitely seems worth a go. I'll have a look at what the others mentioned have to offer, as well!
Are you looking to pickup on PS3 or PC?

Dead Man

This storm is crazy. Pretty sure one of the houses around us got hit, because the fucking windows rattled violently when the thunder came through. Scared the shit out of the dog. He's hiding under under a chair, shaking :(

Looks like power is off for the entire block around us, street lights and all.

Damn, I still have power, but yeah it's freaky as hell. Stopped for the minute, but there were three in quick succession, the last one I think hit the units behind us.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
yeah at 4pm today we had constant thunder for like 15 minutes up in the hills.. it was a tad insane

and its pretty bad now ;_;

PS3. I've only got my laptop right now, unfortunately. I'm desperately wanting to get into some PC gaming, but it's really not where I'm willing to put all my money right now. Other priorities!

Ah, well that sucks. Do you have PSN+ already? Some great games come for free on there. Infamous 2 was great fun. Deus Ex 3 too but it is FPP.

Sleepy on PS3 is $32 at Zavvi at the moment, gotta wait 2 weeks for it to arrive though. Only $19 on PC!

Ningo

Sorta tempted to hop in car and go to rundle mall midnight launch and pick up a standard edition even though LE is in transit :/

N0VAM0D

Ah, well that sucks. Do you have PSN+ already? Some great games come for free on there. Infamous 2 was great fun. Deus Ex 3 too but it is FPP.

Sleepy on PS3 is $32 at Zavvi at the moment, gotta wait 2 weeks for it to arrive though. Only $19 on PC!

Nah, I don't have it.

Ah, the perks of having a PC. Oh well! Thanks, but. I keep reading about this game, and I'm getting really eager to give it a go! I need it in my life, ASAP.

Ningo

You should swing past my house and bring a diesel generator

A half dead car battery is all I have.

Walkerville are usually the first to lose power, at least my street, but so far its has just gone off and on once.

At least it brought a cool change.

Shaneus

Rep: So AssBro isn't AssCre2?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I scored 2 when the Ubisoft store had a problem where a shitload of games were ringing up as $0, so I think technically I have about 5 copies of it. Just none on Steam.

So yeah, I have it. And 1 and 3.

Wait... hold on a sec. How come AC3 is coming out soon when we've already had Ass1, Ass2 and AssBro? Is AssBro not 3?

Brotherhood and Revelations were continuations of AC2. AC3 is not the third game overall, but it is the third game with a new protagonist. AC2, Bro and Rev were all Ezio stories since he became really popular after AC2.

Rep: So AssBro isn't AssCre2?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I scored 2 when the Ubisoft store had a problem where a shitload of games were ringing up as $0, so I think technically I have about 5 copies of it. Just none on Steam.

So yeah, I have it. And 1 and 3.

Wait... hold on a sec. How come AC3 is coming out soon when we've already had Ass1, Ass2 and AssBro? Is AssBro not 3?

assing0apyq.png

So do you want me to send them or what?

jambo

It's kinda like GTA

GTA
GTA II
GTA III -> GTA VC -> GTA SA
GTA IV -> LatD -> BoGT
GTA V

AC1
AC2 -> ACBro -> ACRev
AC3

It's kinda like GTA

GTA
GTA II
GTA III -> GTA VC -> GTA SA
GTA IV -> LatD -> BoGT
GTA V

AC1
AC2 -> ACBro -> ACRev
AC3

How? GTA 3, VC and SA were completely different games.

While Brotherhood and Revelations were featured around the same character, those 3 GTA games were not related in any way.

Ydahs

Just found out my Thursday exam is actually on Wednesday D:

All nighter coming up :(

I've already come to terms with the fact no other AssCreed game will be better than Assassin's Creed 2.
It's the only one I've played. I was really looking forward to AC3, but after the backlash... might pick up Brotherhood instead.

God damn, lightning just hit the house behind us@!!!
Damn, stay safe man. Must be some storm.

Shaneus

assing0apyq.png

So do you want me to send them or what?
No.

At least, I don't think so.

I have Ass1. And Ass2. And AssBro.

I just don't know what AssBro is. Is it an add-on? Stand-alone expansion a la GTA EFLC? It's fucking confusing.

Gaz, did you still need cheering up? I remembered this and wasn't sure if it was posted here or not:
431575_10151184668147633_1587829594_n.jpg

Brotherhood is a direct sequel to AssCree2, picks up the moment that AC2 finishes and is more of a HUGE extension rather than a big leap forward. Adds a lot of GTA/open world/RPG stuff to it.

N0VAM0D

I just don't know what AssBro is. Is it an add-on? Stand-alone expansion a la GTA EFLC? It's fucking confusing.

In ACII, we begin Ezio's journey. AssBro is just a continuation of his story, think of it as AC 2.5 or something. Then, AssRev is the game which concludes our journey with Ezio, which I guess can be referred to as AC 2.75.

Xn9XM.jpg

Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”. Because of this, “adjusting the speed is almost necessary”.

I bet he had Keighley eyes during that interview :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom