• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Virtue's Last Reward is probably my GOTY. And this has been a fucking good year of games, so that should say something.

Also, Planetside 2 has AU servers now so ya'll are joining me right when it goes live

right?

right?

Jintor

Man, fuck Tribes Ascend. Skiing ain't got shit on an entire battalion of Tanks storming a base as fighter planes and bombers sortie in the skies above.

Rezbit

So far I agree. 6 hours in and it still feels like I'm playing a tutorial.

Oh man, THIS! I was complaining about this in Steam chat last night. Just stop game, I know the mechanics. You don't have to spend one whole fucking hour saying "So this is how you swing a sword."

Wow, is Assassin's creed 3 really that bad? I'd heard it wasn't really "assassin's creed-y" but it still seemed cool. Surprised how cheap it's selling for though.

Clipper

Just received Assassin's Creed III and the new Layton today. Guess I'll play Layton first, given the reaction to AC...

Update on jambo's SydGAF meetup:

Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. Exact locations may be narrowed down later for those that wish to come later.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Let us know if you want to come and haven't said so yet.

Here's an image for guidance:
haymarket_image_3.jpg

Rezbit

It's not terrible terrible, it's just...boring. The pace is incredibly slow. One of my biggest gripes is that the feeling of being an awesome parkour assassin is gone, replaced by trudging slowly through snow :|

Sounds like the change of setting has seen them try and adapt what an assassin in that time would have gone through, rather than keep the same mechanics/physics of the previous games.

Wow, is Assassin's creed 3 really that bad? I'd heard it wasn't really "assassin's creed-y" but it still seemed cool. Surprised how cheap it's selling for though.

Really? I would have picked it up at release but the cheapest I could find is $90 here! Even online was still the usual $60ish price, even Halo 4 can be picked up for $44 online.

Dodged a bullet on this one! Will wait for $12 bomba clearance, I still have my free GreenManGaming copy to dig into next month on PC anyway.

Really? I would have picked it up at release but the cheapest I could find is $90 here! Even online was still the usual $60ish price, even Halo 4 can be picked up for $44 online.
The special edition is $69 on the in hifi website. I still think it would have been cooler to do the next one in Asia. A Chinese assassin's creed would have been so damn fun - and pretty!

Shaneus

Virtue's Last Reward is probably my GOTY. And this has been a fucking good year of games, so that should say something.

Also, Planetside 2 has AU servers now so ya'll are joining me right when it goes live

right?

right?
Is that for the beta as well? I signed up for it, downloaded it but that was it :/

Rep: Did you watch this? It makes Gerstmann awesome. I'm about to watch this, too. Fuck, I always get teary reading about Bizarre :(

Jintor

I think so? Smedley tweeted something about it. I haven't checked myself, but games.on.net put up a thingy, so I assume it's true. I probably won't be playing for another month though, with VLR out of the way it's exams and Nanowrimo until December :T

markot

Banned
Ubisoft has to ruin their games, its in their contracts. Its like 'wow Prince of persia is amazing!!!!!!!!' But then a few years later its 'spit on prince of persia annoucement, SPIT!'

Same thing happened to Splinter cell, And others that I cant think of cause I dont want to.

Deeku

Play that Yakuza Kenzan game! It's in japanese but there are probably translation guides and what not online.

Just ordered a buttload of games and it's all portable stuff...mostly 3ds too lol.

I probably won't be playing for another month though, with VLR out of the way it's exams and Nanowrimo until December :T
finished already? :eek:

but aren't there like 20+ endings???

I really wanted an Edo Japan, but I'm pretty sure one of the lead guys has said "it's been done", which is why they decided to go elsewhere. If not Japan, revolutionary Paris would be great.
Ahh, that sucks. I would have loved one set in Japan. I dont think it really has been done, at least not in assasins creed style. It would have been fun either way :( are they going to keep going forward in time? Because that would rule out a lot of possible awesome settings..

Jintor

Play that Yakuza Kenzan game! It's in japanese but there are probably translation guides and what not online.

Just ordered a buttload of games and it's all portable stuff...mostly 3ds too lol.

finished already? :eek:

but aren't there like 20+ endings???

I've been up until 4 am for three nights straight lol. Today was only doing the final route and I think that took from like 10-12:30 or so.

I really wanted an Edo Japan, but I'm pretty sure one of the lead guys has said "it's been done", which is why they decided to go elsewhere. If not Japan, revolutionary Paris would be great.

Holy shit yes. That said the American Revolution is a pretty rad setting itself. I'm a bit bummed the game is average. I've never really got into ACs before but this looked cool.

I'd be keen for revisiting Crusader Hashashian too. Seems like a waste they'd jump straight to Italy after only one game in such a (potentially) rad setting.

Shaneus

Nothing is better than The Saboteur. I doubt AC2 has the charm, charisma or art direction of The Saboteur.

Of course, I'm yet to play AC2 (or any AC for that matter... I own I think the first two? which one's Brotherhood?) but that's irrelephant.

Ningo

Go to mailbox, please be Halo 4 as it shipped friday.......nooo, but contract for new job. Start monday :)

Still no job description though, strange.

Nothing is better than The Saboteur. I doubt AC2 has the charm, charisma or art direction of The Saboteur.

Of course, I'm yet to play AC2 (or any AC for that matter... I own I think the first two? which one's Brotherhood?) but that's irrelephant.
I was very disappointed with the Saboteur. It was an interesting concept but the gameplay never really grabbed me. Much like Red Faction: Guerrilla, I felt that they squandered some of the great gameplay opportunities that the setting offered.

AC2 on the other hand I thought was brilliant. Well worth a look.

Jintor

Man. I am going to be non-functional for all of today because of VLR. I need to write something for Hyper and then get straight onto Law.

And, like, a thousand and a half words for Nano for another week and a bit... I've got to hit at least 15k before I shut down for exams...

Is that for the beta as well? I signed up for it, downloaded it but that was it :/

Rep: Did you watch this? It makes Gerstmann awesome. I'm about to watch this, too. Fuck, I always get teary reading about Bizarre :(

Oh god I've got too many games to play and now you wanna make me play Blur again. And rebuy PGR4!

FUCK YOU SHANEUS. YOU PRICK.

Rezbit

Speaking of terrible, AC3's status has been upgraded to terrible. It's just really bad. Don't bother playing this poop.

Having just read that story, it only reinforces my lack of understanding at what the internet finds worthy of backlash/commentary.

I was waiting for the part of the story where the guy had admitted to eating something made up or controversial. As it turns out, he just ascribes to a diet that it different from ours.

Where did I put my pitchfork?

Omikron

Having just read that story, it only reinforces my lack of understanding at what the internet finds worthy of backlash/commentary.

I was waiting for the part of the story where the guy had admitted to eating something made up or controversial. As it turns out, he just ascribes to a diet that it different from ours.

Where did I put my pitchfork?

Yeah the twitter thing is meh, but, this is hilarious.

"All I know is that I'm well aware of the consequences of eating 'dead' food, and also I'm a father, and I take that privilege very seriously, so for me striving for optimum health whenever I can so that I can be a responsible role model for my daughters, and still be able to surf right up until the end, is the obvious choice for me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom