• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Xn9XM.jpg

I bet he had Keighley eyes during that interview :(
Japanese developer magic. It is a thing.

Choc

Banned
that game was so good. I remember playing it at a press event and thinking this game is going to be fucking huge

but codename eagle was also awesome :)

jambo

Did you play DC competitively? I was in 'sk, only played like half a dozen matches though since I played vanilla 99% of the time and only used as a backup.

A little bit. No idea what clan I would've been in, might've been GRX but we mostly did CoD and CS. So long ago...

Ningo

Is halo 4 cheap anywhere. Half tempted to pick it up, though I always get bored half way through and give up.

That's a neat photo.

Also how big is your dog?

He's a greyhound staghound cross. He's pretty big, runs like the wind, made of muscle and weighs 50kg. He's 2 and a handful.

My Halo 4 LE arrived today, but I guess I won't get to play till late tonight because I want to play it in all its glory on the 52 inch bravia but with my parents working from home and the melbourne cup on it looks like I'll have to stay up and play it. :( #firstworldproblems

Deeku

Jint you weren't kidding about the 999 true end being a novel and a half:O

I was playing last night and got up to, I assume, the final puzzle (spoiler:
sudokuuuuu lol
), but it was like nearly 1am and I a. needed to go to bed and b. was kinda struggling to solve it cos, you know, tired. So I was like ok whatevs, gonna save and go to bed....but I couldn't save or get out of the puzzle screen! So ok, whatevs sleep mode.

Wake up this morning, battery died, last save back before door [9]...;_;

Game is so great though!

Installation finished and going to take a quick break from work to play Halo 4.

Can't install disc 2 though. no option for that.

$68-ish from Big W and JB if you're looking for in-store.

Ningo

Hi Guys,

Thank you for ordering your copy of Halo 4 through JB Hi-Fi Online.

As a special bonus for ordering your copy of Halo 4 with us, we will be sending you a copy of Halo 3.

Unfortunately this hasn’t been sent with your order for Halo 4, but will be dispatched from our warehouse tomorrow.

We hope you enjoy this special bonus!

Kind regards,

Crystal | Online Customer Service
JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd

Nice, I had traded that in years ago

Kritz

Banned
Binary Domain good or bad? It's $7.50 at GMG right now

It's alright. Some people act like it's Japan's gift to shooters, but... it's not that. It's a game that takes a few modern design ideas yet still feels like it was made 15 years ago. I'd say for seven bucks it's worth a shot.

Shaneus

iPad 3 get. Not in a new box, but it feels pretty damn new (so maybe it's just a really, really, really good refurb). Already jailbroken (it came with iOS 5.1.1) so now I just need to get all that j/b stuff on it and I'll be set.

What folio-ish covers do you guys suggest?

Edit:
It's alright. Some people act like it's Japan's gift to shooters, but... it's not that. It's a game that takes a few modern design ideas yet still feels like it was made 15 years ago. I'd say for seven bucks it's worth a shot.
It is, because there's nothing else like it on PC. On console you're spoiled for choice with Vanquish etc., but not on PC.

Gazunta

ELITE 4 IS BEING MADE THROUGH KICKSTARTER

HOLY LIVING FUCK THIS IS THE GREATEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE

HELP GET ELITE 4 MADE HOLY CRAP

Clipper

Info on SydGAF meetup for this Sunday again:

Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. Exact locations may be narrowed down later for those that wish to come later.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Let us know if you want to come and haven't said so yet.

Here's an image for guidance:

Oh hey, do you think we could organise a place for the meet up I'll be attending? >.< I need to book a hotel in the area and stuff. Also who is coming?! EVERYONE SHOULD COME.

senahorse

I can support this.

Also Gaz, did you like Giana Sisters? I am somewhere in world 2 at the moment and have been having a blast, there are a few really tricky sections. At first I was bummed by the amount of levels but the size of each makes up for it :D

Gazunta

I can support this.

Also Gaz, did you like Giana Sisters? I am somewhere in world 2 at the moment and have been having a blast, there are a few really tricky sections. At first I was bummed by the amount of levels but the size of each makes up for it :D

I've liked what I've played so far - but sadly I haven't played enough. I'm up to the first castle (1-5?) and haven't started that. The first few levels felt really nice - my kind of level design where you can go in all sorts of directions and still end up going the right way.

Unfortunately Supanova and XCOM have gotten in the way of me playing it that much - I plan to get back into it after this coming weekend is DONE FINALLY. :)

Called it.

Backed of course.

There is no reason to complain about Kickstarters at this point. FFS think of all the games we would never have without it.

Gazunta

People complaining about Kickstarter (or Kickstarter-esque things) are like railroad fans complaining about cars 100 years ago. It's over, folks.

Clipper

Oh hey, do you think we could organise a place for the meet up I'll be attending? >.< I need to book a hotel in the area and stuff. Also who is coming?! EVERYONE SHOULD COME.
I've been meaning to ask you what sort of place you want for food. A burger joint or restaurant? Sydney has pretty much everything. We'll probably try to go for the Rocks and surrounds as the location. Could do Pancakes on the Rocks for food if you have a sweet tooth, or the Australian (where the first SydGAF was held) if you want to try kangaroo or crocodile pizza. The Belgian Beer Cafe or Löwenbräu Keller are also great choices for varied, foreign beers and full-on meals, but might be a tad pricy for some. If you have a preference for a certain style of food, let us know and we'll find a good one for you.

Here's the other details about your meetup as of now:

Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

SYDGAF MEETINGS? RIGHT AFTER MY LAST EXAM?

signs be spooky

[Also, the Melbourne Cup has consolidated a fact I've already known since the slots of Pokemon Blue and the Game Guy minigames of Mario Party 3 -- I am terrible at gambling]

You are talking about a very special specimen Mister body! ;)

Naaah, I'm too stingy and weak of heart to go all out unless its something I feel really knowledgeable and comfortable about (rugby or MARIO PARTY 3)!

I just hedged my bets and am looking for a Dunaden win and an Americain place (I'd also be very happy with a Mount Athos win and I got a free dollar bet on on Mourayan).

Who have you guys got?

Ningo

Decided to buy a lotto ticket instead of putting a bet on.

Played 5 mins of Halo 4 on bravia, looks glorious. Will have to wait till midnight to have a decent play :(

Clipper

SYDGAF MEETINGS? RIGHT AFTER MY LAST EXAM?

signs be spooky

[Also, the Melbourne Cup has consolidated a fact I've already known since the slots of Pokemon Blue and the Game Guy minigames of Mario Party 3 -- I am terrible at gambling]
You missed the earlier notices? You can sign up to join in here. There are three in total.

I guess I should go back to putting all three into the same post again:

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. Exact locations may be narrowed down later for those that wish to come later.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom