• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just past midnight and I'm exhausted. Between this damn presentation (which I think is finished now apart from choosing a colour scheme, thankfully), work and NaNoWriMo, I have no free time anymore.

Is this what fatherhood is going to be like?

Deeku

Nobody knows?

Great film by a pretty damn good director. Be prepared to cry your heart out when you watch it though.
Maaaaaaan...geeeeeeees.....that was...no words:(

Yes, great film indeed.

Jintor said:
Turn up deek or i'll bully you forever!
:|

codswallop said:
You have so many props!

I am about to add to/detract from its classiness.
You lose either way!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished episode three of The Walking Dead game. Man, that was rough. I wasn't too fond of the
train house ambush
due to a bit of clumsiness with the controls on my behalf, but the rest of the episode was mint. Some stuff was predictable, like
who took the meds and was dealing with the bandits
, but so much of it was just one unexpected catastrophe after the other. A lot of plot threads really hit a peak there. The bonding between Lee and Clementine is so great. This is exactly how to implement a child into a story properly. She's a cutie, and the dynamic between her and Lee is really fantastic.

There's always a part of me that doesn't want to play the episodes, just because I know there's going to be some tense, emotionally exhausting shit. But that's also what makes them so great.

EDIT: FUCK. EPISODE 4. FUCK WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Rezbit

So I've been up all night finishing this pile of shit that is AC3. It really does go full retard. I think I'd actually struggle to give it a 1/5.

Clipper

SydGAF meetups reminder:

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. Exact locations may be narrowed down later for those that wish to come later.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

GTA4 FULL EDITION is only $7.50 today on Steam. Pick it up. Plays great on PC. Gay Tony is a great experience, Lost Damned was good story, Vanilla was pretty messy.

So I've been up all night finishing this pile of shit that is AC3. It really does go full retard. I think I'd actually struggle to give it a 1/5.
1/5? Is it worse than Call of Warez The Cartel?

New avatar time, go!
I already did didn't I?

Also Tesla. Or whatever you had 12 months ago, I don't know.

Jintor

oh hey! I totally forgot that shop existed! I'll have to see what my family's plans are for the day I think. I'm nervous about the meet up >< At least I recognise people's faces this time so it won't be walking cold into a bar and asking around for Neogaf like in melbourne :p

Last time we reserved a table for Sid Gaffe.

senahorse

Almost 40 TAFE campuses should be closed across the state as part of a shake-up of the vocational education and training sector, a taskforce recommends.
Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek today issued the final report from the Skills and Training Taskforce, which makes a string of recommendations.
&#8220;The taskforce received a total of 91 submissions and drew on the experience and expertise from a broad range of industry professionals to help form its recommendations," he said in a statement.
"These recommendations will ensure the government can make informed decisions in order to see Queensland's [vocational education and training] sector realise its full potential.&#8221;
Advertisement
The taskforce called for a "rationalised structure" of TAFE institutes.
As a result, the number of campuses should be cut from 15 to 5 in the Brisbane Metropolitan Region, 26 to 15 in the Far North Queensland Region, 13 to 8 in the Fraser and Sunshine Coast Region, 16 to 11 in the Western Corridor Region, 6 to 3 in the Gold Coast Region, and 6 to 2 in Skills Tech Australia.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...et-to-close-20121106-28va1.html#ixzz2BTwbmlOF

Queensland, moving from strength to strength...

So much for Beatie's "Smart State", or is it maybe we are all so educated we don't need any more :/

Stackboy

but codename eagle was also awesome :)

I still remember the day I first played CE at a LAN party.

Officially not a high school student anymore!

Welcome to your life getting better and better. Not sure why the world tells kids that your teenage years are your best.

I surprised myself and went to the Halo 4 midnight launch. Played campaign for a few hours, got some rest and spent most of yesterday in the campaign as well, along with a couple of games of MP. All round I am extremely impressed. 343 have done the impossible and made a great non-Bungie Halo game.

Also saw Dredd last night, was fantastic! Ultra violent and felt really true to the comics. Hoping for more.

Why do you hurt me so?
I can't help it, baby. It's just that you make me so crazy at times. So crazy I can't help myself. But it's the last time, I swear. This time will be different. I promise you, baby.

Fine. Pierre Curie.

Pierrecurie.jpg

Don't listen to him. He is a monkey. He isn't even a monkey astronaut. Just your garden variety monkey butler.
Aristocrat High Society Chimp.

Chimp. As in an ape. As in not a monkey. That sort of knowledge helped him become rich, successful and live the high life. Unlike you. You upside-down flamey-eye kinda fox with smokey apparitions for a body.

Melbourne Cup was fun. A one time thing for me, wouldn't want to go again (unless it's free) as I have no interest in horse racing or betting.

Did win $50 on number 14 though. Put that in the 100 million lotto, won nothing.

My feet are killing me now. Got there at 7:30 am to secure a nice space right in front of the finish line and got home at 10pm.

Also, the lovely ladies. Around 5pm half of them were falling down here and there, and pulling up their dresses.

So much rubbish left behind on the grass, made me feel real sad.

I worked the Cox Plate last year. Never again.

jambo

Played 10 minutes of BF1942 this morning on an Aussie server.

Was fucking amazing to see a huge battleship shelling the crap out of our island and then get bombed by planes.

Brilliant game, hasn't been matched by any of the sequels.

Deeku

So I'm reading that Thom Yorke had voice/throat trouble at NZ concert and skipped two songs...:/ Didn't he get sick or something the last time Radiohead came to Aus? That better not happen!

Queensland, moving from strength to strength...

So much for Beatie's "Smart State", or is it maybe we are all so educated we don't need any more :/
TAFE down here in VIC has been hit pretty hard too :(

Also saw Dredd last night, was fantastic! Ultra violent and felt really true to the comics. Hoping for more.
It's tracking like a THQ profit and loss report sadly.

Chimp. As in an ape. As in not a monkey.
Tomato, Tomatoe.

Sorry Tolkein, I'mma see wreck-it ralph instead
Same, movie looks awesome and will be a hell of a lot of fun.

Echoplx

I'm so glad I picked up Binary Domain, haven't had so much fun in a long time, the game just throws so much crazy cliche shit at you it's ridiculous.

Rezbit

Explain how. In detail.

It honestly doesn't deserve much detail, but here goes. It takes enormous steps backwards from the other AC games in almost every way. The combat is significantly worse, it has no flow and they've managed to dumb down an already pretty simple combat engine. Who you focus your attacks on is shitty and glitchy, often won't attack who you want. The controls are fucking terrible. They made them so much worse. Accidentally running on/up shit was always a bit of an issue in these games, now for some reason if you even look at a fence you'll bloody start running up it. This makes the 29000 "chase a dude on foot" parts really shit, because the game will do everything in it's power to stop you having a good time.

Which leads me to the mission structure. It's really bad, and mostly involves "Ok Connor, now you should go here," and off you go, wandering the world for 10 minutes to the next place you're needed. Or you have to chase a guy. Maybe follow a guy. Sometimes you will kill a guy, other times you will kill a guy while he has 20 guys around him. Also the game REALLY over uses forcing you to walk slow, which is annoying as shit. The side missions (the 3 I did) are even worse than the other games. Hunting is the most pointless shit, yay you can get an animal pelt for stuff. The highlight of the game is honestly the naval missions, which were kinda fun, and looked great.

The graphics are pretty bad in parts. The frame rate absolutely stinks. Instead of epic sprawling cities when you hop on top of a tall building to synchronize, now you see smudges of green, brown and blue. The water during the ship phase looks pretty good though.

The story is absolute bullshit. The Desmond part gets even more stupid, but even the story of Connor sucks. Random skips ahead with no explanation, new characters who just pop up like they're your best mate. Not helped by shitting voice acting from the main character. Monotone to the max. I can't really go into detail because spoilers, but it sucks.

There's more but I don't want to talk about it anymore, that was enough. It's just really bad, because not only is it glitchy, but it's boring and worst of all, they took out all the fun of AC. ALL OF IT!

1/5? Is it worse than Call of Warez The Cartel?

Well I never played this game...

Shaneus

Rez: Fuck, that does sound shit. It's not going to stop me trying the first few, but it does sound like they've lost the plot. I might have a look and see if there's anything drastically different about the team that worked on it compared to the rest of the series, as a matter of curiosity.

Edit: Oh. I thought I was taking the piss with my avatar, Jase... but the more I think about it, I might make a few slight tweaks (when I get home from work. Maybe a moustache) and then we can be brothers. Put our spiteful past behind us.
It was all your fault anyway.

Did any of you guys take advantage of those VideoEzy sales late last month?

I'm still waiting on Unit 13 to ship, 7-10 days was the estimate. Order was back on the 23rd. Can't get a reply out of them for ETA.

It's coming out of Hong Kong, but I would have thought I'd see it by now.

Did any of you guys take advantage of those VideoEzy sales late last month?

I'm still waiting on Unit 13 to ship, 7-10 days was the estimate. Order was back on the 23rd. Can't get a reply out of them for ETA.

It's coming out of Hong Kong, but I would have thought I'd see it by now.

I did. Though when my first game injad preordered was going to ship 1-2 weeks after release I canceled the whole order.

But I know a few here have had games turn up.

I did. Though when my first game injad preordered was going to ship 1-2 weeks after release I canceled the whole order.

But I know a few here have had games turn up.

I ordered WipEout 2048 at the same time; it's arrived. Just can't get anything out of them for Unit 13.

Both were in stock when the sale went live, but I think I missed out in the sales rush, didn't do my order 'til the evening.

Just says "Backorder" on the site.

Shaneus

My copy of Dishonored shipped only a day or two after I ordered, arrived after a week (roughly). My second game (WRC3) shipped only last week, so I'm expecting it today or tomorrow. Definitely not ordering from them again, but this time I'm not exactly pissed that I got two top-tier games for $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom