• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Clive Dunn dead >_<

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-08/dad27s-army-star-clive-dunn-dies-aged-92/4360090

4360224-3x2-700x467.jpg

I got my parents a Western Digital Live for Christmas and want a cheapish hard drive I can dump a heap of content on.

Anyone know a good place to get cheap hard drives?

Even after putting in my GTX670 Alan Wake was running like shit (OK at first, but after 15 minutes started chugging horribly). My Q6600 / 4GB RAM isn't exactly modern but it should be up to the task.

Noticed the CPU was hitting 100c, so cleaned all the caked dust off the heatsink, now it hits about 50c when under load (in a 23c room). Game runs great now!

Speaking of Alan Wake, finished it last night (getting the cheevo for finishing on hard, despite being certain I was playing through on normal). I don't really care for Stephen King stuff but I felt the Alan Wake story was much better than most game stories in the past few years. Pity the gameplay had virtually nothing to do with the story, so it may as well have been a series of webisodes.

r1chard

Android should be built into TVs so I can just run everything through Plex!

Guy here just bought a really nice $60 stick that runs ICS and plugs into the TV (HDMI port and USB port for power.) Has additional USB and microSD slot for storage, and wifi for other stuff. Really nice remote control too - uses inertial sensor for pointing at the screen.

I'm seriously considering ditching my $1000 HTPC for one.

edit: it was a mk808 - and the remote was a separate $20 purchase.

Guy here just bought a really nice $60 stick that runs ICS and plugs into the TV (HDMI port and USB port for power.) Has additional USB and microSD slot for storage, and wifi for other stuff. Really nice remote control too - uses inertial sensor for pointing at the screen.

I'm seriously considering ditching my $1000 HTPC for one.

edit: it was a mk808 - and the remote was a separate $20 purchase.

That does look awesome, the site scares me though with it's broken english!

r1chard

Sounds intriguing... does it allow control from other devices (Android or iOS)?

I do know there's experimental XMBC-on-Android work out there, but I don't know what the state of it is. Otherwise I don't think there's a lot of stuff in your regular Android that you'd want to be able to control from another device, is there?

quick edit: I guess now I think about it you might want music control etc. I think that's the domain of a full-fledged media player app like XBMC...

Yeah, I use the XBMC Remote for Android to control my HTPC. Love it. Wife prefers the hard button universal remote but browsing through the TV, movie and music libraries is way faster using the app, and it works from anywhere in the house.

Whelp, won't be Kickstarting the new Elite. Tried to play Kinect Disneyland Adventures today and it is a broken piece of shit. Terrible, terrible design decisions. A lot of good stuff in that game but HORRIBLY designed for children in terms of accessibility.

At least LostWinds was pretty good.

Shaneus

Please please do this. And make sure to take plenty of photos.
(I hope you resemble Geoff, that would make it much sweeter)
Possibly a little. Rep? Omi? MelbGAF? If I started low carbing *now* and shaved my face, I could probably pass for it. But I would think that it's not the facial features that would be the most recognisable thing. It would be the grey sweater, the giant dorito hat and the bottles of mtn do and dewritos.

I'll go as a giant Mtn Dew bottle!
I'll chase after you like Pacman!

It's a shame there aren't more females on here. One could dress as Lara Croft and the other could dress as Lauren Wainwright. Or one could just go as Wainwright decked out on Squeenix gear, chasing after all the Lara Croft cosplayers.

So Halo was awesome. Unfortunately my OG Xbox hard drive is too full to install the multiplayer so now I'm Halo-less until my new hard drive turns up in the mail.

Guess I'll have to slum it with XCOM and Borderlands in the meantime.

Unrelated, fucking epic season for games right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom