• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Is the bug on the 3ds version actually bad, or is it one of those 'if you play the game at 4:34pm while standing facing easy with a low pressure system hovering above while uranus descends into mars....' type of 'bug'.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is the bug on the 3ds version actually bad, or is it one of those 'if you play the game at 4:34pm while standing facing easy with a low pressure system hovering above while uranus descends into mars....' type of 'bug'.

i hate when that happens.

Jintor

for what, vlr? It's 'save in a certain area in the game and it'll corrupt your one and only save file' bad.

Jintor

puzzle rooms are puzzle rooms... they're not that big. Patching on 3DS is weird anyway, but they might get around to it.

I will put my head in the noose and say that after the first 5 hours Dishonored is largely a disappointment.
Good game there but feels oddly one note despite the big range of options.
Looking back on my time with the Thief games it was a complaint I would level at them now too if they arrived in this day and age.
Dishonored is largely a spiritual sequel to Thief in my mind at this point.
Not even sure if I will finish it.

they also sell refused classification games. Go check it out, you can buy syndicate there

Even OzGameShop stopped doing that a few months ago to avoid any possible issues if a customer gets it confiscated.

Well, it's only if you save in one particular room that you'd be fucked - not to mention you only have one save file on the 3DS version, so...yeah. People have been reporting that the game also crashes at seemingly random points too, which doesn't help either.

Jintor

Hoping rising star fixes that for PAL/EU release. Not that I am going to replay it on 3DS of course... unless they re-release a sprite version...

Choc

Banned
I will put my head in the noose and say that after the first 5 hours Dishonored is largely a disappointment.
Good game there but feels oddly one note despite the big range of options.
Looking back on my time with the Thief games it was a complaint I would level at them now too if they arrived in this day and age.
Dishonored is largely a spiritual sequel to Thief in my mind at this point.
Not even sure if I will finish it.

Even OzGameShop stopped doing that a few months ago to avoid any possible issues if a customer gets it confiscated.

the major difference is rep that gamelane is in sydney and is not shipping from O/S

they import the RC stock themselves

the major difference is rep that gamelane is in sydney and is not shipping from O/S

they import the RC stock themselves

If their offices were searched by authorities (lol) what kind of trouble would they be in since they have them in order to sell onto Australian consumers, especially if they have a large number of them?

Choc

Banned
If their offices were searched by authorities (lol) what kind of trouble would they be in since they have them in order to sell onto Australian consumers, especially if they have a large number of them?

$100,000+ fine, possible jail time

just as an fyi as a consumer its not illegal to buy RC from them. There is a loophole

The reason RC games are banned in Australia is under the customs act. So you as an individual bringing the RC game over the border are breaking that act

past the border, aside from WA, you have not broken a law.

Kritz

Banned
The more I read about people's dishonored impressions the more and more glad I am to have played that game without being faithful towards non-lethality, or stealth, or combat. Instead I did a bit of everything. I went through the first level murdering prison guards, I took the stealth route while killing/evading for necessity early on, I refined myself for a level or two without being spotted or killing anyone, and after a certain point in the game I took full advantage of my powers and abilities and went chaotic evil on that game's ass.

And I really, really enjoyed playing lethal. It amounted to what was essentially easy-mode crysis, but it was still a lot of fun to be a walking demigod of destruction having absolutely no mercy on the plot npcs you were tasked to deal with.

The highlight was chasing down a guy for two levels, having a massive fight with him, and finally once I'd won the game went into a 5 second non-interactive cutscene where the character yelled out, "wait, let me make you a dea-". And then I shoved a knife into his head and threw him off the side of a building.

I liked Dishonored. I didn't see what people saw in that game pre-release, and I had no expectations going in. It being a power fantasy didn't bother me in the slightest, neither did the simplistic underdeveloped storyline.

Game's totally worth a 4/5 in my book.

Hmm. Yeah, thinking now that trying to be stealthy made it boring for me. That point in the game highlighted in the Youtube clip is basically when I switched off and it became a mechanical series of tasks for me.

Might jump back in and go chaotic and just enjoy the show, Infamous style.

Thanks Kritz!

it was a typo
Damn straight it was, mister.

Hmm. Yeah, thinking now that trying to be stealthy made it boring for me. That point in the game highlighted in the Youtube clip is basically when I switched off and it became a mechanical series of tasks for me.

Might jump back in and go chaotic and just enjoy the show, Infamous style.

Thanks Kritz!
I usually go stealth because I'm a slow, patient muthafucka that will sit there and watch 2 minute loop paths in order to get my sneak on.

I try to play most of these games non-lethal but that sometimes falls to pieces when a section will try my patience and then I'll get a little bit shooty. I'm hoping that I can stay non-lethal for this run through.

I'm also looking forward to playing it a second time so that I can pretend to be a Matrix inspired time bending mofo killing death merchant.

Shaneus

I'm tempted to jump into that Facebook election meltdown thread and say something like "See how racist some people can be? Now, when something incredibly racist happens in Australia, don't tar us all with the same fucking brush". Really fucking tempted.

And then maybe call Americans "cunts" or something. But I'm less likely to drop that one ;)

Gazunta

SUPANOVA BRISBANE STARTS TODAY WHOOOOOO

I know I've been banging on about it a lot lately, and I'm sorry for those who don't care, but man oh man am I excited about this. Supanova is the only time I get to be a total dork these days and pretend I'm any good at this comics nonsense. And more importantly I get to catch up with people and meet totally awesome new people!

Oh Christ 6 hours to go so much to sort out yiiiiiiikes oh man do I need a haircut.

SEE YOU THERE BRISGAF
(?)

I also watched lock stock two smoking barrels tonight, fantastic movie. Was a mix of Italian job, boondocks saints and resivour dogs, thoroughly enjoyable though slightly nonsensical film.

If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it.

If you haven't seen Snatch, I recommend you watch it next.

Stackboy

So Halo was awesome. Unfortunately my OG Xbox hard drive is too full to install the multiplayer so now I'm Halo-less until my new hard drive turns up in the mail.

Why not just back up your save files to the cloud? You can always redownload everything else later.

GTA V is going to have 3 protagonists, is bigger in size than GTA 4, San Andreas AND Red Dead Redemption combined!! Squee!! I squee'd!!

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/8/3618390/grand-theft-auto-5-three-protagonists

Why not just back up your save files to the cloud? You can always redownload everything else later.

GTA V is going to have 3 protagonists, is bigger in size than GTA 4, San Andreas AND Red Dead Redemption combined!! Squee!! I squee'd!!

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/8/3618390/grand-theft-auto-5-three-protagonists

I need a new one anyway, I've been scraping along with about 1GB free for way too long. There've been too many things I've avoided downloading and playing because of it.

And holy shit that's cool. I still kind of wish they went somewhere other than LA.

senahorse

FRIDAY BEER SUGGESTION TIME!

So I am thinking about trying a box of each of the following, thoughts?

coopers-62-pilsner_4cbe5b888a86a.jpg

large_6236_Little%20Creatures%20Pale%20Ale.jpg

Little Creatures have been totally bought out by Lion Nathan, and their quality has been mostly just coasting along on their previous laurels (except for a few seasonals, some of which aren't bad). Despite that, I have to give them credit for being the guys that really made me realise beer didn't taste like arse.

If you're going to get a big brand pilsner, try Staropramen or Pilsner Urquell, both of which are actually made in Pilsen, so are true pilsners (assuming they're not brewed locally, which I haven't heard but is always a possibility).

Give Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a shot if you're after a pale. The Sierra Nevada is an American style pale so adjusted to their tastes versus a British style one but it's pretty easy to drink.

Clipper

I love some Little Creatures Pale Ale, although it's been a while since my last one. Had one of their Pilseners last week though, which was very good. Hopefully I'll get to try some more come Sunday...

Speaking of which, here's the current info on the SydGAF meetups again...

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. If you want to come later, PM me your mobile and I'll text you the exact locations as we decide.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Hard to go wrong with Feral Hop Hog (though an IPA, not pale ale if that's specifically what you're after). Yo-Ho Yona Yona (only in cans!) if you can find it is pretty good as well, though I think only specialty stores would have it. Or you could go the other way and try Black Sheep Pale Ale, which is ultra-British but also very nice.

Hard to go wrong with the Little Creatures Pale Ale, I just find it a bit dull nowadays -- definitely drinkable though.

I'm brewing a Cream Ale tomorrow!

I'm likely really behind the times, but I quite like Rekorderlig at the moment.
Summer's the best time for cider! The Flying Brick Draught Cider I had once last year and haven't seen anywhere since is starting to take on mythical levels in my mind about how good it was.

Rezbit

Even though it was bought out, Little Creatures is still one of those can't-go-wrong beers. It's that fruity sort of pale ale, so if you're into that go for it! I'm not a great pilsner fan so can't help you there!

Cod, recommend me beers in small amounts from Dan Murphys I can grab one or two of tonight!

Also Kogan have free shipping today!
They also have the Lumia 920 listed for $739. Pricy!

Just sacrificed $0.99 so that AusGAF can hear about Angry Birds Star Wars...

Already heard DarthHomer impressions!

It is Angry Birds!

In Space!

In Star Wars!

Also it is free on Android so I might as well download it LOL

I recently picked up a Coronado Orange Avenue Wit which isn't too bad, easy to drink.

Some have the Sierra Nevada Hoptimum 2012 which I found really good, but if you can't find that the Sierra Nevada Southern Harvest isn't too bad either (but I prefer the Hoptimum).

The Gage Roads Pumpkin Ale isn't for everyone, and is a nice diversion, though I'm not rushing back to get it. If you don't like pumpkin pie (I do), skip it.

Doss Blockos Pale Lager is as generic a lager as ever existed, but easy to chug if that's what you're after. Plus it comes in a paper bag which is fun.

Feral White is a reasonable white ale.

Given the recent weather has been improving, a wheat beer or wit beer is probably a good choice too. The Sierra Nevada Kellerweis, White Rabbit White Ale and Weihenstephaner Hefe are all good choices. I prefer the latter but all are good.

All of these are available at Dan Murphy's in my area.

senahorse

Check the specials page on dan murphys rep, there is a specials pdf with loads of singles.

edit: jesus cods, expensive tastes for beer :p

jambo

AFAIK Angry Birds has always been free on Android.

Also it's actually not bad. The new birds are different from the old ones, using stuff from the Star Wars universe.

I dunno if this has been talked about yet but what's everyones thoughts on Bond drinking Heineken instead of scotch, whiskey, and women in the next movie?

Pretty sure he drunk martinis and he still bangs like crazy. I don't really care to tell the truth. Bond has always been about product placement.

Also, World War Z looks incredibly amazingly mindblowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom