• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogz

Help me AusGAF! I went to get a Galaxy SIII but my brother (who works there) has all but convinced me to get the Razr HD, is he nuts and I should be strong, or is he nuts but I should still listen to him?

weaklings. It was 40 in Radelaide today

Predicted to be 41 here tomorrow and Saturday :\ We all decided to start work tomorrow morning at 6 so we can knock off at 2.30

Kritz

Banned
Well, if it helps, the outposts don't respawn. To compensate, there are an infinite array of roaming jeeps that will combat you. So far my experience has been about a minute of walking, followed by three minutes of fighting off jeep attacks until I stop bothering to loot the enemies for ammo and just run away before the next one appears.

Also, the draw distance is pretty impressive. Unfortunately, if you move about 400 metres away from anything, it will disappear the moment you look away from it. Example, I took on roughly 10 jeep attacks at an intersection on a beach, and noticed in the distance that there were two people being taken hostage by the enemies. So I shoot the enemies, run halfway up to them, turn back, all 10 jeeps disappeared making the beach completely spotless. I turn back to the hostages, they'd disappeared too.

In addition, I've already encountered my fair share of invisible enemies. One of which was driving a vehicle chasing me.

So, in summary, game seems kind of broken. I'm not sure if it's intentionally broken or if these are genuine bugs.

t4rbK.jpg

New dog.

Dead Man

Loyalty oaths? Really?

Yeah, that was pretty much my response.

They actually ended up changing the forecast.

It got up to about 35 at 9.00 am and then dropped back down. It only ended up getting to 38 and it's 28 at the moment.

Yeah, thought it was going to be insane today, well, 35 in the am is insane, but it got better quick.

I hope those picking up Far Cry 3 enjoyed the respawning enemies in Far Cry 2.

Because there are way more of them this time.

God damn it!

As terrible as the beer itself is, they had some pretty iconic ads. They're much better than those new ones about hands and shirts or whatever.

Yep. Classics.

Shaneus

As terrible as the beer itself is, they had some pretty iconic ads. They're much better than those new ones about hands and shirts or whatever.
I believe (I think my sister learnt it in marketing class or something) but the VB theme is the longest continually used jingle in the history of advertising (or something). Pretty cool if true.

Megabomba
Sm0I6jiROq

Buying a ticket for his Titanic?!
lol no, that looks stupid!

vmZQu.png

God damn it. Now they're not in alphabetical order.
OMI, FIX IT

PONTING NOOOOOOOOO! :(
:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I've been watching him for most of my life now, ever since I started playing Cricket at the very least. Won't be able to see most of his final match too since I am off on a husband/wife weekend.

He is apparently my grandmothers second cousin.

So apparently Sam's Warehouse/Crazy Clarks are selling all their games for $5 at the moment.

halo_3_005c2970.jpg
They have been running them out for the last 3 months since they went into administration. They must have been saved at the last minute as the local one was picked clean at the start of the month but has started a big sale as of today. I think the close down date was meant to be yesterday? I grabbed No More Heroes 2 from there for $10 about 6 weeks ago, last decent game they had on the shelves.

Take the best 5 year period from any top batsmen and their record will look like that, pretty silly stat really.
Imma quote Choc's tag right here.

So Clive Palmer is getting closer to starting his own party.
Should go as well as his soccer party.

Well, meteorology isn't a science, you know...
THE METEOROLGOIST WHO WAS ON THE PROJECT TONIGHT WAS LIKE THAT CHICK FROM WEIRD SCIENCE, MADE TO BE THE PERFECT (LOOKING) WOMAN, I FORGOT HOW DAMN HOT THE WEATHER WAS WHILE SHE WAS ON THE TV, THAT IS HOW HOT SHE IS

I meant the best 5 years off their career, not in a row. I still see it as meaningless. If you were trying to see who was the best at their peak you wouldn't be looking at a 5 year period (as that is more about consistency). If you're more interested in a players consistency and longevity you would look at their whole career.

It just so happens that Pontings best 5 years were effectively in a row but i'm not sure that necessarily makes them more impressive.
5 years of scoring at that average is meaningless? Did he come to your school when you were a kid and make fun of you or something?

I hope those picking up Far Cry 3 enjoyed the respawning enemies in Far Cry 2.
Because there are way more of them this time.
Well, if it helps, the outposts don't respawn. To compensate, there are an infinite array of roaming jeeps that will combat you. So far my experience has been about a minute of walking, followed by three minutes of fighting off jeep attacks until I stop bothering to loot the enemies for ammo and just run away before the next one appears.

Also, the draw distance is pretty impressive. Unfortunately, if you move about 400 metres away from anything, it will disappear the moment you look away from it. Example, I took on roughly 10 jeep attacks at an intersection on a beach, and noticed in the distance that there were two people being taken hostage by the enemies. So I shoot the enemies, run halfway up to them, turn back, all 10 jeeps disappeared making the beach completely spotless. I turn back to the hostages, they'd disappeared too.

In addition, I've already encountered my fair share of invisible enemies. One of which was driving a vehicle chasing me.

So, in summary, game seems kind of broken. I'm not sure if it's intentionally broken or if these are genuine bugs.
Shockingly enough I didn't mind the respawning patrols. Maybe it was patched to a better rate by the time I played it. The malaria/repair vehicle stuff was unneeded.

The draw distance stuff is a deal breaker for me though :(

EVERYONE HAS THAT DOONA/PILLOW COVER

Hot day, deserves beer.
Youtube blocked at work but I will assume VB :)

Fucking Bernbaum. I've had like 9 longnecks of VB in the last fortnight :/

Time for another 3. Or try this $30 case of cider.

You're losing it, rep. Now you're quoting stuff that you're not even replying to.

I remember the good days, even if they're behind you.

I WILL NOT HAVE YOUR EDITS MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A LIAR!!! YOU DIE AND GO TO HELL!!!!

Jintor

In terms of open-world crime games it's this and Vice City that top the charts.

Fucking Hitman Absolution was middling. Sleeping Dogs was awesome.

Danoss

I believe (I think my sister learnt it in marketing class or something) but the VB theme is the longest continually used jingle in the history of advertising (or something). Pretty cool if true.

It's a brilliant theme. I hope it never goes away.

You're the wrongest

I don't want to trawl back through the thread so what was wrong with it for you? Great effort for a first-outing franchise. (Even if it was True Crime HK, shut up)

I feel like I've explained this a lot recently. The city was samey and you needed, well I needed, a GPS to get anywhere. Neon lights and wet road are my only memories of the game.

Having melee combat was rad, but you'd pretty well find a move or two early (tackle, fly kick and knee to the head) and stick with them the whole game.

The story was OK. The end was over the top melodrama, but that's the genre I guess.

The driving was good, I'll give it that.

There was shit all gun play, and seeing the melee became "repeat same four button combo" over and over, not having much shooting became pretty apparent to me.

Off the top of my head, seeing I haven't played it since it was released, that was most of it.

6/10. Maybe 7.

Jintor

Terrible. I know North Point like the back of my hand now. If those high ways are in any way accurate I bet I could at least navigate HK Island (no Kowloon though or the Airport Island... or trains...). If you were sticking with one move for melee combat that's your own damn fault, it's like playing Arkham Asylum with just the tap-tap-tap-tap-takedown, it's possible but it's not any goddamn fun

Actually I thought the gunplay was probably the worst part of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's far from a perfect game and there's a lot of problems in story and mechanics, but anything where an in-story event happens and the bottom actually drops out of my stomach and I go "OH SHIT" is fucking fantastic.

The only Open World map I ever fully internalised was probably Vice City, to the point where I didn't need to look at the map to know how to get to places at all

N0VAM0D

I just wrapped Sleeping Dogs. That was fucking awesome.

So, so good!

Also, I've had Bayonetta sitting around for a while, so I decided to give it a go just now. What the hell is going on. Nothing makes sense, and it's all so sassy. Combat is fun, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom