• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahk

Super Stardust Delta is amazing on Vita, also there is a great little mini shmup that is really cool, name escapes me at the moment.
I think Velocity is the one a lot of people go on about. I haven't played it yet, but it looks cool.

Fredescu

But they are! Pity they aren't in numerical order, though :p.

I'd argue they're not in alphabetical order by common name. No one pronounces the ®, and it's not like Far Cry wasn't registered prior to 3. It's an error by the person who filled out the game name field.

Yagharek

PONTING NOOOOOOOOO! :(

Ponting to retire after Perth Test
Daniel Brettig
November 29, 2012
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A
Ricky Ponting has announced his retirement from international cricket, on the eve of the third Test against South Africa in Perth.

"It's a decision I thought long and hard about, put in long consideration about the decision, at the end of the day it was about my results and my output in this series so far," Ponting said.

"It hasn't been to the level required for batsmen and players in the Australian team. My level of performance hasn't been good enough."

Following a poor start to the Test series with low scores in Brisbane and Adelaide, Ponting said he was troubled by the "tentative" manner of his dismissals. In Adelaide he was bowled twice in the same match for only the second time in a career that began in 1995.

Ponting will play out the domestic season for Tasmania and the Hobart Hurricanes in the BBL.

More to come...

Source: cricinfo

hirokazu

I just ordered a Wii U from Big W after swearing I wouldn't do so until at least Pikmin 3. :(

$70 discount was too good to pass up. Now where is the cool kids club were we exchange details and such?

I just ordered a Wii U from Big W after swearing I wouldn't do so until at least Pikmin 3. :(

$70 discount was too good to pass up. Now where is the cool kids club were we exchange details and such?

Yeah $280 is making me second think not getting one. If it was 280 pick up tomorrow I would be all over it like a fat kid on pie.

So apparently Sam's Warehouse/Crazy Clarks are selling all their games for $5 at the moment.

halo_3_005c2970.jpg

teekun

Yeah, its 38 here in Melbourne right now and its fucking miserable. Not looking forward to the walk and wait at the train station after work.

legend166

Thanks for the memories Ricky.

I grew up watching him play cricket. Pity he stunk the place up for the last 2 years, but during his prime (2002-2007) he was pretty much unstoppable.

His batting average from 1st Jan 2002 to the 1st Jan 2008: 70.54

His overall career is probably behind a few guys now, but at his prime he was the best since Bradman.

Yagharek

38 degrees? Weaklings. I've had a few days over here this past month or two around 36-38 and coped fine (surprisingly).

I think it really depends on humidity and wind as to how well people cope. When it was 38 here humidity was below 1%.

JB has Vita LBP bundle + Fifa (not 13 the other one from the start of the year) and case pack for $250

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/playstation-vita-wifi-console-bundle-offer-2-games-starter-pack/677858

This is a tempting deal, even with a shitty EA game.

Rezbit

Man so sad about Ponting retiring. I thought he should have finished the summer, that way he'd get a final test in Hobart and he would have broken Steve Waugh's most-capped record. All the feels :(

Omikron

I grew up watching him play cricket. Pity he stunk the place up for the last 2 years, but during his prime (2002-2007) he was pretty much unstoppable.

His overall career is probably behind a few guys now, but at his prime he was the best since Bradman.

This was the most brutal innings I saw him play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfeqTG7MVs

38 degrees? Weaklings. I've had a few days over here this past month or two around 36-38 and coped fine (surprisingly).

I think it really depends on humidity and wind as to how well people cope. When it was 38 here humidity was below 1%.

It was meant to be 38 and humid here today but I don't think it's got there yet.

I've got a mate from Cairns who loves humid weather. But put her in hot dry conditions and she nearly dies. It's bizarre. You'd think she'd be able to smash hot and dry, but she can't

Fusebox

Banned
You know there are so many unknown unknowns with Wii U it's becoming a bit confusing.

It only has HDMI or component output. I'd rather use hdmi but that means no surround sound. And allegedly it has issues displaying wii virtual console titles with correct aspect ratios on some tvs, notoriously bravias. Apparently you just need to have the "full pixel" setting to get around this so I think I'm safe as my set does have it.

I suppose I should also get around to calibrating the tv one day, whatever that entails.

Are you using the term 'unknown unknowns' right there Rummy?

I'm stuck coz of the no optical out. My amp is supposed to HDMI, but it's borked and only passes audio not video. I can't be arsed replacing it just to get 5.1 on the Wii U and I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

Take the best 5 year period from any top batsmen and their record will look like that, pretty silly stat really.

r1chard

Was pretty nice down on the Yarra today - the bar we were at (under the police HQ next to the old WTC) had Thursday "specials" too (pizza plus schooner for $15... you should see their normal prices!) We normally go to the pub on Friday but it's the last day for us in the current office (the Tea House) as we're moving further out to Dorcas St so we were celebrating. And for the afternoon we're stuck in the shitty old office with the aircon that doesn't bloody work. Monday, bring on the Reasonable Office!

Got my daughter's first ballet performance tonight. Man I hope the aircon in the building is well powerful or they're gonna have a whole lotta wilted 9 year old flower girls.

Edit: just checked with the BoM and the nice bastards have brought the change forward. Should be getting cooler as soon as 5pm! Still gonna be 35º for the performance, but that's better than 40º...

senahorse

I need to program one of those arduino's or raspberry pi + gertboards up so I can remote in to home and turn on the aircon in preparation.

legend166

Take the best 5 year period from any top batsmen and their record will look like that, pretty silly stat really.

I don't think that's true.

Tendulkar's best period looks like 1997 - 2003, where he played 59 tests and averaged 63.

Kallis - 73 tests from 1999 to 2005, averaged 65.

70 seems better than most.

senahorse

Campbell's made a lot of friends lately. I do respect a politician who can stand up against their own party and leave for the benefit of their constituents electorate, though I don't know the full story about their resignation.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
They actually ended up changing the forecast.

It got up to about 35 at 9.00 am and then dropped back down. It only ended up getting to 38 and it's 28 at the moment.

ah!

it was nice in melb today, it was adelaide hot. burny sun. not that stupid humid hot.

I don't think that's true.

Tendulkar's best period looks like 1997 - 2003, where he played 59 tests and averaged 63.

Kallis - 73 tests from 1999 to 2005, averaged 65.

70 seems better than most.

I meant the best 5 years off their career, not in a row. I still see it as meaningless. If you were trying to see who was the best at their peak you wouldn't be looking at a 5 year period (as that is more about consistency). If you're more interested in a players consistency and longevity you would look at their whole career.

It just so happens that Pontings best 5 years were effectively in a row but i'm not sure that necessarily makes them more impressive.

Kritz

Banned
I hope those picking up Far Cry 3 enjoyed the respawning enemies in Far Cry 2.

Because there are way more of them this time.

markot

Banned
I hope those picking up Far Cry 3 enjoyed the respawning enemies in Far Cry 2.

Because there are way more of them this time.

>___________________________<

Srsly? Thats the only thing that fucked up FC2 for me... Thankfully I didnt get it then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom