• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I had Probe debt collectors calling me from a blocked offshore call-centre for the past month. It wasn't until yesterday I worked out it was them, because they refused to give me any info unless I provided them with personal info, which I was unwilling to do. Appalling practice. :|

Turns out its for an unpaid AGL gas bill at my last rental, for a period I wasn't living there. When I called AGL last time I moved to tell them I didn't live there anymore, they assured me that it was the new tenants responsibility to change the details and that I didn't have to worry.

/chocrant

I'm hoping to have a smooth power change over at the new place.

We get the keys this Saturday, so we're doing the power change over on Friday, as AGL don't seem to do weekend connections =\. As long as the previous tenant leaves the roller door on the garage open they should be able to do a metre reading.

I do find it a bit odd that the tenant is giving the keys back on the Friday and we get them the next day on Saturday...

I do find it a bit odd that the tenant is giving the keys back on the Friday and we get them the next day on Saturday...

Landlord wants the most rent possible. Plus the agents are lazy shits and will just blame any of the previous tenants damage on you when you leave. :)

So take lots of pictures!

More comedy gold from the Australian. I swear that newspaper has become a parody of itself.

Gaia ousts God in the latte hubs

Regarding themselves as more enlightened and sophisticated than ordinary Australians in the 'burbs and the bush, many black-clad inner-city hipsters in Sydney and Melbourne who abhor traditional religion and claim not to believe in God are anything but athiests, agnostics and rationalists.

PLUS Janet Albrechtsen calls everyone who didn't like 50 shades of grey a snooty feminist trying to ruin things for the 'yummy mummies'.

I wish they hadn't gone behind the pay wall so I could link the article, but alas.

EDIT: Fifty Shades story here.

More comedy gold from the Australian. I swear that newspaper has become a parody of itself.

PLUS Janet Albrechtsen calls everyone who didn't like 50 shades of grey a snooty feminist trying to ruin things for the 'yummy mummies'.

I wish they hadn't gone behind the pay wall so I could link the article, but alas.

Seems like a benefit that we aren't exposed to that tripe. I would be too tempted to read it.

jambo

Someone needs to take one for the team and subscribe to The Australia, purely for the comedy.

Or we could all chip in.

EDIT: Works for me http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n-the-latte-hubs/story-e6frg71x-1226424860974

Holy shit this is brilliant

And, contrary to the moral code of the old religions that called on the rich to help the poor, Gaia's will is being done on Earth as those struggling to afford their daily bread and power bills subsidise richer people who can afford solar panels to take advantage of generous government subsidies. It's a cosy doctrine for some.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
qScI7.gif

20 Years Old Today.

So if many of you guys weren't that old when the Late Show was originally on, have you only seen the compilation videos/dvd's (the ones with the crappy replacement theme tune and no toilet break clips/ countdown clips)?

I would give real dollars to get an unedited DVD set of that show.
or if possible, using CG to replace Judith Lucy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
People have now just told me that gaf has been up all day, I was getting 500 server errors all day at work and it only just started to work right now at home.

Odd.

Gazunta

So if many of you guys weren't that old when the Late Show was originally on, have you only seen the compilation videos/dvd's (the ones with the crappy replacement theme tune and no toilet break clips/ countdown clips)?

I would give real dollars to get an unedited DVD set of that show.
or if possible, using CG to replace Judith Lucy.

Christ almighty you have no idea how much I would Kickstarter the shit out of such a DVD set.

I've been thinking a lot about Kickstarter lately.

Yagharek

OK so me included, 12 people are in. Great job.

Not going to ask for any more, and I'll post a brief list soon with the total and where to send it. Proof of purchase too on request in case anyone doesn't trust me. :p

Yagharek

ORDERED!

How do I hide messages so reptile cant see it? email tags?

Also, waiting til order is processed and confirmed before I ask for any contributions. Hold tight like a 33k pr0n surfer, people.

Omikron

Thanks to megadrive for finding the bug for new users and reporting it back. I have now fixed said bug and should be good to go!

Anyone need to categorise their newly acquired Steam games without having to use Steam?

http://www.0mikr0n.com/

Kritz

Banned
SteamSales2012-working2.gif

75% done.

Added colour, neutered the wallet-wazoo (I'm sorry), added a few more scenes. Here's my storyboard for reference:

(I find if I ever put effort into storyboard art I get bored of a project before I even start)

markot

Banned
Um, whats the best low power way to have your media streamable to all devices on your networks >_<?

Also cheapest.

Router + Hard drive >.>?

Clipper

Posting again, in the hopes we actually have some other Sydney members who still follow the thread... We had 12 for the first full meetup and we're now looking at 3 for the second? I don't know if I can believe it...

SydGAF, early results of the poll so far are indicating a preference towards the following event dates:

Sunday 22nd
Board Games 10am-4pm
Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Doncamatic
Potential: Rahk

Saturday 28th
Board Games 10am-5pm
Confirmed: Clipper, Doncamatic, Rahk
Probable: Choc, Danoss

Dinner/Drinks 6pm-???
Confirmed: Clipper, Rahk
Probable: Choc

If other people are interested, please provide information via the poll.

Danoss

Posting again, in the hopes we actually have some other Sydney members who still follow the thread... We had 12 for the first full meetup and we're now looking at 3 for the second? I don't know if I can believe it...

A lot of SydGAFfers that were at the first don't post here anymore, that might be why. I think those of us playing board games make up the majority of SydGAF.

I'll probably turn up to the meet, but not for dinner and stuff.

jambo

Just got home from the midnight screening of TDKR, such tired. I thought it was great, but it didn't have the same impact on me as TDK and BB. It felt a bit too long and some of the pacing was... odd.

TDK>>BB>>>>>TDKR

Now sleeep (then wake up for work at 7.30 ;_;)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just got home from the midnight screening of TDKR, such tired. I thought it was great, but it didn't have the same impact on me as TDK and BB. It felt a bit too long and some of the pacing was... odd.

TDK>>BB>>>>>TDKR

Now sleeep (then wake up for work at 7.30 ;_;)

Sounds it has all of the problems of TDK but even worse. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom