• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call back for a job. Interview today. Relooked at the job this morning, it was through an agency. Fuck. Thinking I might bail.

I'm going to see the midnight screening of TDKR, going with my missus, her sister and a bunch of her mates.

Should get home around 3.30-4.00am... then get up at 7.30am for work.

Why am I doing this!

I wanted to do that. Stupid mates didn't want to go so late.

Fusebox

Banned
there's not even a fucking premise

half of the people dont even meet eachother wtf

stick them in a fucking house. ffs.

The Shire made Jersey Shore look like a fucking documentary about the personal lives of rocket scientists.

I was worried it would be a bunch of Cronulla surfies sitting around getting pissed and saying 'git farked carnt' and talking about the best place to get a Southern Cross tattoo, now I actually wish that's what it was.

r1chard

New PC parts on hold with MSY. Will pick em up this afternoon for the buildening. Decided to splurge and get an SSD for the system disk since I've had SSD in my laptop for a while now and it's soooo nice.

Kotaku AU realllllly should spin off into their own name soon, this stuff is just sad to see how ridiculous it can get. I could put up with cakes and dolls and cosplay but when you are actively trying to pull an agenda out of thin air just because it is a slow news day you should sit back and think about what the hell you are doing.

Also Brutal Legend is only $10 at DFStore! $20 for a signed copy by Sir Tim Schafer! (nfi how much postage is though)

The art book looks godly and shall be mine.

Kotaku AU realllllly should spin off into their own name soon, this stuff is just sad to see how ridiculous it can get. I could put up with cakes and dolls and cosplay but when you are actively trying to pull an agenda out of thin air just because it is a slow news day you should sit back and think about what the hell you are doing.

That was a really weird article. I'm not a marketer or anything but making a game about a movie about a game seems pretty common sense to me. I don't think there is some mysterious agenda of rewriting video game history there. It's about getting the brand out there.

That was a really weird article. I'm not a marketer or anything but making a game about a movie about a game seems pretty common sense to me. I don't think there is some mysterious agenda of rewriting video game history there. It's about getting the brand out there.

It is all a loving homage! The entire project seems like a big love letter to video gaming yet because it isn't from some struggling indie person it is seen as sinister :/

Makes me sad that people can be so cynical, I thought I was overly cynical about stuff but obviously not.

Clipper

To all Sydneysiders (and potentially other New South Welshmen)... posting again, for the new page and post-500 errors and stuff:

So SydGAF, we need to make some decisions about what we are doing this weekend and next weekend regarding board gaming and the potential meetup.

My probing for input has resulted in little interest in a full meetup so far, so I've done the Google poll thingy to attempt to actually get people to respond.

Please take a moment to fill it in so we can decide on what to do and whether we're doing a full meetup, just Game of Thrones board gaming or preferably both.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Holycheck ask the bus driver :/

Um. Do you ignore the do not speak to driver when the bus is moving sign? Bus is full can't stand or be seated near driver?

Really its just a shit system.

Go catch a bus in radelaide to see how a bus network should run. Tourist friendly.

Clipper

Um. Do you ignore the do not speak to driver when the bus is moving sign? Bus is full can't stand or be seated near driver?

Go catch a bus in radelaide to see how a bus network should run. Tourist friendly.
When you get on the bus, ask the driver to let you know when you get to that stop. The drivers in Sydney are happy to do that (provided you're polite in asking) and will shout out when that stop is reached. Keep Google Maps just in case he forgets and you'll be good.

markot

Banned
Also, most bus drivers dont mind being asked a question and helping out.

The sign is there mainly to avoid people 'annoying' the driver with chit chat.

And yeah, google maps has bus stops these days, even for a dinky town like canberra.

HolyCheck

Keep google maps on me and hope the driver remembers to shout at me when its peak hour and I've been packed to the back of the bus!

OK.
Also, asked at flinders street train station for a map of the train stations that shows me where the train stops are. Couldn't happen lol. So now I know its one of two stations.. But won't know if I get off at the wrong one until I start walking away from it ;D

Frawdder

Hahahahahaha!

Oh man, got a good chuckle out of that one.

syth my post office was advertising the sale of 2 tickets to see david attenborough on like august 17 at the arts center. thought you might like to know

jambo

LA5ZI.gif

HolyCheck

Jambo, don't get smug with me. Been catchin the 182 since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Prossie representin'

Rip 182.

Clipper

SydGAF, early results of the poll so far are indicating a preference towards the following event dates:

Sunday 22nd
Board Games 10am-4pm
Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Doncamatic
Potential: Rahk

Saturday 28th
Board Games 10am-5pm
Confirmed: Clipper, Doncamatic, Rahk
Probable: Choc, Danoss

Dinner/Drinks 6pm-???
Confirmed: Clipper, Rahk
Probable: Choc

If other people are interested, please provide information via the poll.

jambo

Jambo, don't get smug with me. Been catchin the 182 since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Prossie representin'

Rip 182.

Ever since Transfield Services won the contract for AdelaideMetro in Oct 2011 it's been shit. There are figures that show that only 65% of buses are on time, down from something like 80%. Even the amazing O-Bahn is pretty much always late.

It's fairly easy to get in to and out of town, but there are still some parts of Adelaide that it's stupidly difficult to get to with public transport.

remz

Yeah, I saw that. That's loopy as hell especially for a mainstream blog like Kotaku.

That's like even worse then fan forum post level of idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was inspired by some sonic the hedgehog/mario fan complaining that ralph is being put on equal ground

Was that wreck it ralph thing on kotaku by the same person who was raising the point about patronising PR twats at E3? Or is that someone else?

Ydahs

Brother just bought a projector. It looks insane. Guys, in the future, consider projectors over TVs. As long as you can control the lighting in a room of decent size, it'll look better. Cheaper too, even after taking into account the screen and installation.

Not sure what to do with our HDTV now. I want to use both a projector and TV, but brother doesn't...

markot

Banned
Meh, I hate buses. The only thing than a bus that is 15 minutes late, or hell doesnt turn up, is one thats 1 minute early when you are running late >_<

Buses in general are run terribly, its an awful system built on wasting so much time because they think one bus every hour is enough...

Id love to see a city actually try with buses, instead of just building more highways and bypasses to make up for the shitty public transport.

That said I depended on busses for extra long cause I didnt get my license till a few years ago >.>, but since then its car or nothing.

midonnay

Interesting that they showed footage before of Cyril Rioli doing a chicken tackle to Warnock a few weeks ago...

the difference with Judd being that Adams had shitty shoulders.

I think Judd was just in the wrong place at the wrong time....

AFL footballers have been doing this type of holding the arm back tackle for years.

anyways.... judd's testimony was that...

Judd admits became involved in a tackle being executed by Carrazzo. HIs intention initially was to strip the ball, then as he moved in it was then to grab Adams' arm to stop him from attempting to dispose of ball. As the tackle took Adams closer to ground his arm moved backwards as Judd continued to hold onto it. During this time, Judd's intention never changed. Denies any intentional manipulation of arm. He recklessly retained grip of Adams' arm without addressing possibility of the injury that could be caused to Adams

r1chard

New PC build went very smoothly -- except that the case front power LED can't be plugged into the motherboard ... fortunately the PC is loud enough to know when it's on lol. I accidentally selected "install everything" in the motherboard driver installer and now my Windows is full of turds like Zynga bookmarks and IE plugins and LAN speed displays... ugh.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I need some food suggestions for work. I get the feeling, for some reason, that my fruit is giving me headaches during the day. It's not the greatest theory but it's all I have at the moment.

I like to have a little snack at 10:30 and then again at around 3. So I need something that's healthy and going to not give me headaches.

Ideas time ausgaf!

After two years of searching, I have finally gained employment at a certain fried chicken shop originating from Kentucky. Just in time for uni as well :p It may not be much, but damn I'm happy. At least its something.

From Indie Bundle Thread on GAF: Build A Bundle 2 is live.

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)
Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]
(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)
Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)
Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)
Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]
Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)
Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]
Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)
Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)
A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]
Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Grabbed the bolded above for Steamkeys, was like $2.30.

After two years of searching, I have finally gained employment at a certain fried chicken shop originating from Kentucky. Just in time for uni as well :p

Send me some of that honey cooked chicken! Looks amazing but I'm not paying $2 a fucking piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom