• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahk

Is Chantelise or Fortune Summoners worth getting? Looks like the reviews aren't very favourable. I guess I'll avoid since I haven't even played Recettear yet.

Omikron

Yeah, I was hoping for a better discount on the new one. I'll wait for a while I think, I've already gone over budget for the sale.

Still, people should totally buy Trinity for $5. Just buy it. Buy. Do it.

The games people should buy today are the Thief ones.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Markot what tablet? If its iOS you might need to use something like air video to convert on the fly so the iPad can play it back. If its jail broken you might be able to get away with using another video player.

You would need to check what formats your devices support and what formats your files are. But a hdd to router would probably be fine as reptile suggested unless you need to convert shit on the fly.

The release dates on the Steam versions of Thief 1/2 are May this year! Would've thought some effort might have been put into making them work on modern machines given the recent release date.

Fredescu

Would've thought some effort might have been put into making them work on modern machines given the recent release date.
I don't think Steam ever really do that. They just put it out there and let you figure it out. GoG actually put the effort in to get them running properly and support them afterwards.

The release dates on the Steam versions of Thief 1/2 are May this year! Would've thought some effort might have been put into making them work on modern machines given the recent release date.

Nah that has always been the worst aspect of Steam for me, they just chuck them up there regardless of if they work. Had so much trouble with the Dark Forces games when they went up on Steam but thankfully the Steam forum eventually has a bunch of people explain how to get them working properly.

GOG is much better at reworking the titles before they go up so I know anything I buy on GOG will run for me.

Fair enough. I can see putting games on in 2007 and not changing anything being reasonable to expect, but putting old games on Steam in 2012, IMO they should at least test compatibility... :\

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was enjoying Cave Story, but it's making me repeat long sections after I die. I don't know if I'll finish it.

I'm up to the labyrinth.

unreon

I'm not sure if this has been answered here before:

Does anyone know when Dyad is coming to PSN? I heard it got released in the US on the 17th but I can't seem to find it on the Australian PSN. Do we get a delay or what?

Jintor

Is Chantelise or Fortune Summoners worth getting? Looks like the reviews aren't very favourable. I guess I'll avoid since I haven't even played Recettear yet.

Of the games Carpe Fulgre have released, Recettear is the best of the lot. Chantelise and Fortune Summoners are clunky old nightmares with a sweet spot of charm in the centre.

Rahk

Of the games Carpe Fulgre have released, Recettear is the best of the lot. Chantelise and Fortune Summoners are clunky old nightmares with a sweet spot of charm in the centre.
Already have Recettear so was just wonder how the other two were. I guess I'll skip them.

Fredescu

I didn't mind Chantelise, but it's not a patch on Recettear. Haven't tried Fortune Summoners yet. Not sure if I want an old weird platformer.

Raxum

Okay, so I only just found the AusGAF thread today and feeling a bit sheepish since I've been on the forums for about 9 months or so now. I live in Brisbane at the moment and really should've found this community earlier haha.

So how does one get added to the AusGAF list/steam group? I assume there's some sort of hazing ritual and a speed run test in Dark Souls or Ghouls'n Ghosts or something along those lines?

Rahk

So how does one get added to the AusGAF list/steam group? I assume there's some sort of hazing ritual and a speed run test in Dark Souls or Ghouls'n Ghosts or something along those lines?
Join the chat and ask for an invite. Sorry to disappoint.

jambo

Okay, so I only just found the AusGAF thread today and feeling a bit sheepish since I've been on the forums for about 9 months or so now. I live in Brisbane at the moment and really should've found this community earlier haha.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AusGAF

Join that and then pop in to Steam chat.

There's also IRC, but the Steam chat is linked to IRC nowadays.

#AusGAF on GameSurge

Raxum

I can't find your Steam thingo. I searced for Zyphon88 but couldn't find it. Do you have a link to your profile?

Oh right, I recently updated my gamer name on that to Raxxum in line with my other accounts, but I think the underlying account name is still the same, should really update that in my GAF profile. I can find a link when I get home, but Steam is blocked on my work internet.

Edit: Alright I'll see if I can find the steam group on steam on my phone and request an invite. Thanks for the fast response guys! So what's everyone playing atm?

Fredescu

The hazing ritual is to join Steam chat and watch a Kritz rant where
every
word
is on
it's
own
line.

If you don't join Steam chat, there is no hazing.

Please join Steam chat.

Oh right, I recently updated my gamer name on that to Raxxum in line with my other accounts, but I think the underlying account name is still the same, should really update that in my GAF profile. I can find a link when I get home, but Steam is blocked on my work internet.
Found you I think: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Raxxum

Invite sent anyway.

jambo

Also Raxum, answer me, these questions... 28

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

Jintor

I didn't mind Chantelise, but it's not a patch on Recettear. Haven't tried Fortune Summoners yet. Not sure if I want an old weird platformer.

Controls are terrible and storyline is cutesy bunk. I bought it just to support the developer though... and because it was cheap. Also I had to review it, but I probably would've bought it anyway, I'm that kind of guy.

Fredescu

Controls are terrible and storyline is cutesy bunk.
Both of those things are true! I still liked it. I like a lot of RPGs for no good reason other than that they are RPGs.

Edit: Oh wait, you meant Fortune Summoners? Well, both of those things are still probably true.

Playing Curse of Monkey Island on my phone via ScummVM on the way to Melbourne to watch the final Batman movie.

I bet my son is super jelly.

Also Geelong is a good lookin town of peoples

Raxum

Damn you, this will be a long post, no spacing to save room:

Steam ID?
Raxxum, just joined the steam group
360 Gamertag?
Zyphon88
PS3 thingy?
Raxxum
Twitterer?
No twitter
Is there even a wrong answer to this?
Probably should get around to playing the first one before I answer this
Bright and colourful? Should be used as party decorations instead of balloons
Android
DRM is a load of crap
Not sure I can answer that soundly, from anecdotal evidence the girls I game with are about equal with guys
No idea
Had a pair since I was pretty young
Yes
Already have a Vita, my girlfriend has a 3DS, we share
If I had to choose? D&D board games? or maybe add in TCGs
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella
Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.

Ummm... I'll come back to this one later when I decide
Bit of both
Jalapeño man?
Spicy is good, when I feel like it
BACON MAN?
Bacon goes with everything
Meh, occasional drink when gaming, and I'm talking like once a fortnight occasional
Mana from heaven
People try to get me into them but I prefer F2P ones like Tribes or Blacklight
Any glass eyeballs?
Not eyeballs, but definitely glass
Not likely, I'm actually trying to help fund most of them (in my head at least)
Have used once or twice, possibly am mayan
Not really a question there

jambo

DRM is a load of crap

Yes

BACON MAN?
Bacon goes with everything

Mana from heaven

People try to get me into them but I prefer F2P ones like Tribes or Blacklight

ugee9.gif

Raxum

I assume that gif means I answered those correctly? Not quite sure if enjoyment or ridicule in the guy's eyes haha.

Also, someone before mentioned Recettear, gotta admit that was a fun game, I should get around to finishing it someday, however I keep getting sucked away from single-player games by my friends, damn them! Makes it hard to make any real progress, though I'll probably ignore their requests when Darksiders 2 hits, really looking forward to that game. And Guild Wars 2, and Borderlands 2... And I want to keep some skills in Tribes and Blacklight, ARGH.

I don't think Steam ever really do that. They just put it out there and let you figure it out. GoG actually put the effort in to get them running properly and support them afterwards.
Except for when I got those dnd games on sale and the mp was FUCKED still cant get it to work.

Rahk

I assume that gif means I answered those correctly? Not quite sure if enjoyment or ridicule in the guy's eyes haha.

Also, someone before mentioned Recettear, gotta admit that was a fun game, I should get around to finishing it someday, however I keep getting sucked away from single-player games by my friends, damn them! Makes it hard to make any real progress, though I'll probably ignore their requests when Darksiders 2 hits, really looking forward to that game. And Guild Wars 2, and Borderlands 2... And I want to keep some skills in Tribes and Blacklight, ARGH.
More importantly Dota 2?

Raxum

More importantly Dota 2?

I'm in the beta, but my friends are more interested in League of Legends at the moment so I haven't played an actual game yet for fear of being absolutely stomped as I still occasionally struggle against normal bots.

Also been trying out the SMITE beta, which is somewhat interesting, but really feels like more of a novelty thing than an actual game

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Any glass eyeballs?

Man I haven't seen this list in forever. We haven't had newbies in a while.

Also I'm going to Japan this weekend. Suck it AusGAF. Suck it long, and suck it hard

I'm in the beta, but my friends are more interested in League of Legends at the moment so I haven't played an actual game yet for fear of being absolutely stomped as I still occasionally struggle against normal bots.

Also been trying out the SMITE beta, which is somewhat interesting, but really feels like more of a novelty thing than an actual game

League of legends is far superior, mostly on the basis that dota has no Ahri equivalent. But dota is alright too :p

Raxum

Most stop shortly after responding to the questionnaire. Assuming reptile scares them off.

I'm generally hard to scare off, I think.

League of legends is far superior, mostly on the basis that dota has no Ahri equivalent. But dota is alright too :p

Well I gotta admit I like the ARAM games in League of Legends, and denial is a bit of a stretch to get my head around when I switch between them, but I think I actually prefer the characters in Dota to the ones in LoL. Gotta love Nature's Prophet, Holla Holla Get Dolla.

go back a bunch of pages and I give about 6 newbies shit for it and get some of them to answer it. So if I scared them of it was for saying what we were all thinking

Jintor

Banana, it's 'cos you're crazy.

I like you, newbie! Although I assume IRL you're probably older than me, given that you have a job that blocks Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom