• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two years of searching, I have finally gained employment at a certain fried chicken shop originating from Kentucky. Just in time for uni as well :p It may not be much, but damn I'm happy. At least its something.

Your the most positive person I know when it comes to working in fast food. Congrats on the job.

Speaking of which, interview went well. Okay role/ great firm, though there looks like it has regular "mandatory" unpaid over time. Which in itself is off putting. I don't mind having to occasionally work back, but if it's a regular thing (which was the impression I was given) they can go jump. Might say I'm interested and get an interview with the firm and ask for more money.

Yagharek

OK AusGAF, you slackers!

I only got like 3 or 4 people interested in chipping in for reptile's fund. I know there are more interested, but I don't know who is able to.

This is not a name and shame post. Just a quiet request for any more interested parties to indicate it by tomorrow night at the latest.

OK AusGAF, you slackers!

I only got like 3 or 4 people interested in chipping in for reptile's fund. I know there are more interested, but I don't know who is able to.

This is not a name and shame post. Just a quiet request for any more interested parties to indicate it by tomorrow night at the latest.

Sure ^^ What's the plan?

Your the most positive person I know when it comes to working in fast food. Congrats on the job.

Speaking of which, interview went well. Okay role/ great firm, though there looks like it has regular "mandatory" unpaid over time. Which in itself is off putting. I don't mind having to occasionally work back, but if it's a regular thing (which was the impression I was given) they can go jump. Might say I'm interested and get an interview with the firm and ask for more money.

Well I've been applying at places for 2 years now while feeling awful about relying on my parents, and not being able to buy things/go places/ move out/ save money. It feels like a big breath of fresh air, you know? Plus now I imagine it'll be easier to eventually move up :p

Glad the interview went well, but forcing you to do overtime sounds weeeiiird - unless the pay is decent enough.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
After two years of searching, I have finally gained employment at a certain fried chicken shop originating from Kentucky. Just in time for uni as well :p It may not be much, but damn I'm happy. At least its something.
Damn you. I've only been searching for 7 months to no avail.:(
I've also applied for three different KFCs with no response

Clipper

Brother just bought a projector. It looks insane. Guys, in the future, consider projectors over TVs. As long as you can control the lighting in a room of decent size, it'll look better. Cheaper too, even after taking into account the screen and installation.

Not sure what to do with our HDTV now. I want to use both a projector and TV, but brother doesn't...

It won't be cheaper when you consider how often you have to replace the bulb (once every year or two usually). Having said that, I've been a projector fan for years now. I've even gone through a few (sometimes it's more cost efficient to get a newer model than replacing the bulb) and won't be giving up on them any time soon. Gaming on a small screen just isn't the same once you're used to the projector.

As for the TV, I suggest keeping it around as a backup for when the bulb eventually does die, as it may take you a while to get the new one ordered in (unless you pre-purchase a spare). Perhaps have it in somebody's room or something.

Jintor

lol

but shan, don't you have an education you can use as an excuse to conveniently skimp out on money for the moment

I'm probably heading into no money territory in a month or two :/

Kritz

Banned
I know it's bad to show work in progresses, but:

SteamSales2012_big.gif

I'm making an updated Steam Sale .gif for no real reason. Semi-interestingly, it is the first animation I've started since doing the original steam sale .gif back in 2010.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's bad to show work in progresses, but:

SteamSales2012_big.gif

I'm making an updated Steam Sale .gif for no real reason. Semi-interestingly, it is the first animation I've started since doing the original steam sale .gif back in 2010.

why is your wallet a vagina D=

Well I've been applying at places for 2 years now while feeling awful about relying on my parents, and not being able to buy things/go places/ move out/ save money. It feels like a big breath of fresh air, you know? Plus now I imagine it'll be easier to eventually move up :p

Glad the interview went well, but forcing you to do overtime sounds weeeiiird - unless the pay is decent enough.

2 years, that is a while. Yeah being somewhat financially independent is great. The pays not much more then my current role so not much point making the switch. Will try and get an interview, you can never have too much practice at those.

OK AusGAF, you slackers!

I'm in.

why is your wallet a vagina D=

The real question is, why isn't your wallet a vagina.

Yagharek

AusGAF slackers come through big time. Ace effort people.

I will organise it tomorrow night, and then send the debt collectors around once a final total + number of people are confirmed. DO NOT feel obliged if you are a uni peep or cant spare any money. There is enough interest to cover it. :)

Deeku

I saw the doodle, but only a messy wallet. Need to get my priorities straight!

Also put me down for operation rep gift too!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this is an actual sentence from AICN

It may have just been over the weekend at Comic-Con that we got an idea of where Captain America might be heading next in the Marvel Movie Universe with his solo follow-up landing the title CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER, which may be referring to a Captain America story arc that has Bucky's body found preserved in Russia and brought back as a Russian assassin with a bionic arm under the code name the Winter Soldier.
"How not to start an article", ladies and gentlemen.

Omi: I installed it fresh with no previous settings.
It preselected my Steam folder (I assume from registry), I clicked the dropdown for user and selected "Megadrive".
It went to the main window and.. nothing. Statusbar is '0'.
I just typed some shit and stuff came up in "All Steam Games" and when I deleted my search string I had all the games listed.
I do the same in "My Games" but nothing shows up.

Jintor

It may have just been over the weekend at Comic-Con that we got an idea of where Captain America might be heading next in the Marvel Movie Universe with his solo follow-up landing the title CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER, which may be referring to a Captain America story arc that has Bucky's body found preserved in Russia and brought back as a Russian assassin with a bionic arm under the code name the Winter Soldier.

"We may have an idea as to where Captain America is heading next in the Marvel Movie Universe, with his solo follow-up CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER announced at last weekend's Comic-Con. As some of you may already know, "Winter Soldier" refers to a comic-book storyline in which Cap's sidekick, Bucky, is inexplicably revived as a Russian assassin with a bionic arm."

BAM.

*drops the mic*

Omikron

Omi: I installed it fresh with no previous settings.
It preselected my Steam folder (I assume from registry), I clicked the dropdown for user and selected "Megadrive".
It went to the main window and.. nothing. Statusbar is '0'.
I just typed some shit and stuff came up in "All Steam Games" and when I deleted my search string I had all the games listed.
I do the same in "My Games" but nothing shows up.

Cheers mega, pretty sure I know where that issue lies, I will have to fix it up tomorrow though. :)

Issue will be with new guys, not someone like reptile who has had it previously installed.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I'm guessing I need to wait until the red cross or whoever it was that I donated to this year, gives me a receipt so I can claim it back on my tax?

Or do I just put in the figure that was donated over the past x amount of months?

Without entering my medicare information, I currently owe the tax man $1500. I gotta get that down somehow :D

So I'm guessing I need to wait until the red cross or whoever it was that I donated to this year, gives me a receipt so I can claim it back on my tax?

Or do I just put in the figure that was donated over the past x amount of months?

Without entering my medicare information, I currently owe the tax man $1500. I gotta get that down somehow :D

You can just put it in. Though you may get audited so make sure the amounts match.

Clipper

For those Sydney/NSW AusGAFfians that missed it yesterday, express your interest if you want to do a SydGAF dinner/drinks meetup on the 28th (or 29th). There's also room for more at the gaming table as Jintor can't make it on our proposed day for epic Game of Thrones battling...

Edit: And Game of Thrones just arrived! Woooooo!

Man, the components in this thing look great. I had to extend my gaming table to fit more than the board on...
photo-126.jpg

And I hadn't found the hidden compartment in the box with all the plastic pieces when taking that pic... Two awesome gaming weekends coming up, guys!

legend166

Okay so yesterday I bought Skyrim off Steam.

Today, I see that GMG are selling The Last Remnant for $8 or something, but if you get one of their free games, you can get a 20% off voucher. So I'm trying to get UFO Aftermath, and it tells me I already own it. I don't ever remember getting it, so I go into my 'My Games' thing on GMG.....

......and it says I own Skyrim?

What?

wait.

Hahaha, I think I remember now. We bought wilflare Skyrim off GMG, didn't we?

Jintor

I'd say I feel good this morning but that might just be a side effect of not going running yet because I woke up so goddamn late

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I had Probe debt collectors calling me from a blocked offshore call-centre for the past month. It wasn't until yesterday I worked out it was them, because they refused to give me any info unless I provided them with personal info, which I was unwilling to do. Appalling practice. :|

Turns out its for an unpaid AGL gas bill at my last rental, for a period I wasn't living there. When I called AGL last time I moved to tell them I didn't live there anymore, they assured me that it was the new tenants responsibility to change the details and that I didn't have to worry.

/chocrant

I had Probe debt collectors calling me from a blocked offshore call-centre for the past month. It wasn't until yesterday I worked out it was them, because they refused to give me any info unless I provided them with personal info, which I was unwilling to do. Appalling practice. :|

Turns out its for an unpaid AGL gas bill at my last rental, for a period I wasn't living there. When I called AGL last time I moved to tell them I didn't live there anymore, they assured me that it was the new tenants responsibility to change the details and that I didn't have to worry.

/chocrant

I had the exact same thing happen with my last place, got forwarded a bill from the real estate for the time we weren't there from AGL. Called up AGL and they said, "Oh well, seems unlikely that the real estate will pay it themselves. I'll just cancel the bill rather than waste time sending another one to the landlord". Although the bill was only for $20 or something.
Very happy being an AGL customer so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom