• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Nvidia throwing money down the toilet. Basically a really uncomfortable looking clamshell Xbox 360 controller with a screen that runs Android. Screen looks a little small too.

Who would want that thing? Especially when you can just get a Vita! Or if the HDMI out is a big selling point just grab one of those Android USB sticks for under $100.

:/

At least they wont need to spend any money on game dev, just let the usual suspects rip off big name IPs.

Kritz

Banned
Yo 90s cartoons were the bomb, and I am not at all biased in the slightest... except for watching cartoons during the 90s, not watching cartoons before then, and not watching cartoons after then.

And Angry Beavers was nuts.

But yo Cartoon Netowrk had Cartoon Cartoons and they were goddamn awesome.

Dead Man

Disclaimer - I havent seen Zim nor was I aware of its existence :p (never had austar)

Also, nvidia doing something worse than a console. A new handheld! :eek:

Bold move. Looks chunky. Might have some great ergonomics though.

You should really check out Zim. The Nightmare Begins.

Invader Zim had some wonderful episodes. It was decidedly dark, for a cartoon, as well, as illustrated by the episode Dark Harvest.

Listen to Dead Man.

I have always been a fan of Walk For Your Lives, and Bolognius Maximus. Meats of evil. So many great episodes. Dark Harvest was simply perfect.

jambo

vld2393.jpg

f976t.jpg

Whoever decided "hey, let's get Jhonen Vasquez to make a show for our children's network" is obviously completely insane, but humanity owes them a great debt.

Fredescu

Damn, I just spent a bunch of money on a gaming laptop and this thing lets you stream your PC to a handheld. Pretty amazing.

Yagharek

Yeh, this nvidia thing could be a huge deal.

Basically a handheld that can act as a dummy terminal, play android games, or stream from your pc and then to a tv for big picture mode.

ie steam games in bed or on a handheld or the tv.

controlled with a gamepad

Dead Man

http://www.twitch.tv/nvidia/new

Guy is playing AC on it now. He's about to launch Steam.
Cheers.
Yeh, this nvidia thing could be a huge deal.

Basically a handheld that can act as a dummy terminal, play android games, or stream from your pc and then to a tv for big picture mode.

ie steam games in bed or on a handheld or the tv.

controlled with a gamepad

Yeah, seems like it could be pretty awesome. It is pretty ugly though.

Shaneus

What's thins nVidia thing? Do I have to do some fucking legwork, AFTER I'VE BEEN AT WORK ALL DAY YOUSE CUNTS?

Joystick click is always uncomfortable. I like that nintendo realise this.
"uncomfortable"
n3G3j.jpg

Yeah I guess it is, except it's totally designed around being able to quickly click on anything on the screen to attack it. The gamepad controls didn't even get patched in until recently, right?
JOYSTICK CLICK AUTO TARGETS. TAKE THAT MARKOT.

Ren an Stimpy is nickelodeons only good show. Ever.
They also gave us You Can't Do That On Television (or at least, brought it to a wider audience). And R&S was only good until they ditched Krickfalusi. After that, it just felt off.

I'm trying to find a NIB PS2 slim today. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if Australia gets any more new PS2 Slims. I think we stopped getting them late 2011 and retailers have been been selling until depleted.

Refurbished units from EBGames (or, if they happen to have a new one...) might actually be the best bet for local.

I'm fairly sure that Japan, North America and Europe (Western Europe, at least) no longer get new stocks of PS2.

Dead Man

I'm trying to find a NIB PS2 slim today. Any suggestions?

Very funny.

Edit: Oh, unless you were serious. In which case I think you are out of luck for an Australian model. You might have to get some dodgy south american model or something, don't know.

r1chard

Had lunch with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend who work for an EA subsidiary. They've played the SimCity alpha and were blown away. I suspect my hard line against always-online is gonna crumble...

Shaneus

Weren't they also responsible for Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I'm not 100% sure. But when I say "brought" I was somewhat referring to how they picked it up from Canadian TV, not actually make it themselves.

Man, that nVidia presentation is pretty killer... feeling sorry for AMD/ATI right now :( But did anyone else find it REALLY bizarre that there was an Asian-American dude talking about geeky shit WHO SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE RON SWANSON? PS. Ouya am fucked.

Shaneus

Was GAF not impressed? I mean, there's a fairly high dudebro xtreme factor going on with most of it (looks like they borrowed the lead designer from Razer) but the tech and the ideas behind it are pretty swish.

Omikron

This comes before ms and Sony announcements. And after the WiiU reception...people want a new 'console' I guess?

Also gaf is a very console orientated forum, despite the recent upswell in PC threads.

Yagharek

Confirmation bias. You can find cynicism about anything these days, especially with so many people on GAF - there will always be large numbers of fans and detractors for anything. Dont let it discourage you if you're interested. Wait til hands on time.

Stay strong.

Indeed. Once you let them get away with it this time, there will be no end to it.

This comes before ms and Sony announcements. And after the WiiU reception...people want a new 'console' I guess?

Also gaf is a very console orientated forum, despite the recent upswell in PC threads.

GAF is everything oriented. It's very easy to find large numbers of threads on the first page relating to any platform. GAF moves more in waves than anything. I would wager there are equal numbers of console/pc/smartphone/portable gamers tbh. It just so happens that at this period in time right now, we are at a console transition hence the increased focus.

A Steam Box or a major new DD player would instantly see a groundswell of PC interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom