• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had lunch with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend who work for an EA subsidiary. They've played the SimCity alpha and were blown away. I suspect my hard line against always-online is gonna crumble...
NOPE
Can't do it
Must hold out
:/

Man, that nVidia presentation is pretty killer... feeling sorry for AMD/ATI right now :(
lol You didn't feel sorry for them after the last 4 or 5 years? They are on deaths bed man.

GAF hates playing PC games in bed apparently. :/
Nah just will take a while for them to show off the new device properly. I can't justify a purchase at this point with the information I have.

If I want to play a game on my below HD TV I can play a console, if I want to play a sexy looking PC game at 1920x1080 with an IPS monitor that makes it look even MORE awesome then I have the PC.

I can see it being handy for people who wasted $4000 on an expensive TV and don't want to spend $300 on an awesome PC monitor.

The real drawing point will be if these functions can be leveraged by some exclusive games! Just playing regular Android mobile phone/tablet games won't really make it worthwhile. If the support is there it could turn into a nice little device to have around. I expect la bomba though.

Nice to see someone giving some cool tech a shot though! Especially without some propriety media bullshit! Means you have tons of stuff it will work with and not have to worry about people developing stuff to connect with it, once you get it into your possession of course.

Dead Man

Confirmation bias. You can find cynicism about anything these days, especially with so many people on GAF - there will always be large numbers of fans and detractors for anything. Dont let it discourage you if you're interested. Wait til hands on time.

Oh, it doesn't really bother me, GAF will not determine whether it is good or successful. Just feel like a dogpile at the moment, which makes discussion a bit boring. Iwill be interested to see what sort of latency results they get, if it is good on that front I may be able to ignore the ugliness of it.

But... SimCity.

Nope. Not even once.

meth-not-even-once-500x361.jpg

Jintor

So tommorrow's gonna be a scorcher I guess

Spent the afternoon doing fire hazard reduction (i.e. yardwork). Mozzie bites galore.

Jintor

I'm not gonna scrounge around for a goddamn ps2

there's no way I would rack up the required time on a non-portable system

Deeku

I'm not gonna scrounge around for a goddamn ps2

there's no way I would rack up the required time on a non-portable system
just keep in mind the crappy changes they made to P3 to make it work on psp. It's a huuuuuge step down from your P4G experience.

plus it's totes not worth paying 50 bones for!

Jintor

Whine whine whine, I haven't even started to fall down the Shin Megami Tensei rabbithole

Yeah but Deek from what I hear you can't even control your other party members in FES. That's bullshit. I can give or take anime cutscenes I can find on youtube, but basic gameplay stuff is crazy shit

Deeku

i actually really liked controlling just me in P3, had more strategy and you really needed to make the right personas to get through bosses.

i dno, i guess it's still a good game. i hated p3p's changes soooo much, made all the school/social stuff incredibly dull.

also jump down the smt hole!

Kritz

Banned
At some point I need to remember where I stopped watching the P4 endurance run and keep going.

But fuck me those dungeons are boring as hell even with Vinny and Jeff.

Jintor

But AI is fucking terrrrrrrrrible

what did they change that made it so dull? Menu stuff instead of overworld?

At some point I need to remember where I stopped watching the P4 endurance run and keep going.

But fuck me those dungeons are boring as hell even with Vinny and Jeff.

skip that shit

very few things in dungeons in the endurance run were actually entertaining.

Shaneus

lol You didn't feel sorry for them after the last 4 or 5 years? They are on deaths bed man.
Oh yes, I did (and do). I have this stupid affection for the underdog in a lot of technology I pursue. I bought the Dreamcast about a year and a half after it came out (when it was pretty much goneburger), bought a Saturn WELL after it died (maybe '98/'99?)... I think it may have started with this:
Gamate.jpg

I actually *chose* that. When the GameBoy was already out.

Carn AMD, you can do it. Team red!

Deeku

what did they change that made it so dull? Menu stuff instead of overworld?
basically. like, I couldn't deal with the difference between roaming around looking for stuff to do vs menu icons showing you everything you can do. also no in engine cutscenes, just all portraits and text.

but you like your visual novels games so I guess you can still appreciate it.

i hear it has a dot matrix lcd
edit: wait is it really called a gay mate
"yeah just let me pull my ga mate out of my pocket so we can play with it"

Jintor

basically. like, I couldn't deal with the difference between roaming around looking for stuff to do vs menu icons showing you everything you can do. also no in engine cutscenes, just all portraits and text.

Well, it's honestly not like I have much choice... liklihood of a P3G is super low, and I'd rather it be P5 anyway...

Deeku

Get a ps2! I mean if you're gonna go deeper into SMT, which you should, you'll need one for the Digital Devil Saga games and Nocturne and maybe even Devil Summoner.

I just think you're gonna regret spending that 50 bucks on P3P after coming off your P4G high.

Jintor

Well, I'm not getting it now... I need to go play some other stuff before I dive into another goddamn JRPG. Maybe some Tomba.

Kritz

Banned
"It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak," a prison spokesperson told local paper Estado de S.Paulo.

is perhaps the best quote I've seen all week.

edit: jintor stop posting everywhere I'm getting confused where I am

No such thing as no fire danger. Unless you are under water of course. Sucks if you don't have any oxygen laying around there though.

Oh yes, I did (and do). I have this stupid affection for the underdog in a lot of technology I pursue. I bought the Dreamcast about a year and a half after it came out (when it was pretty much goneburger), bought a Saturn WELL after it died (maybe '98/'99?)... I think it may have started with this:
Gamate.jpg

I actually *chose* that. When the GameBoy was already out.

Carn AMD, you can do it. Team red!
My parents giving me an Atari Lynx probably made me cautious about buying hardware later in life. That thing was fucking dead, especially living in the middle of the bush.

Didn't buy a Gamecube until it was $50 brand new in 2006!
I did buy a 360/DS at launch though :(

"It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak," a prison spokesperson told local paper Estado de S.Paulo.

is perhaps the best quote I've seen all week.

The quotes about the Prostitute Christmas Party at the Honduran Embassy was pretty fantastic.

Let me know if you do, I found Nocturne aka Lucifer's Call for cheap today.

I'm still missing Devil Summoner, haven't seen it on sale for new since it was in JB ages ago in the CE. Still kicking myself I didn't grab that :(

Jint Persona 3 PSP generally goes for $30 online retail, Persona 2 PSP is only $38 at OGS at the moment too. Awesome game.

Tempted to start collection the PS2 Castlevania's, BTB has Curse of Darkness for $8 delivered.

Omikron

I'm still missing Devil Summoner, haven't seen it on sale for new since it was in JB ages ago in the CE. Still kicking myself I didn't grab that :(

Jint Persona 3 PSP generally goes for $30 online retail, Persona 2 PSP is only $38 at OGS at the moment too. Awesome game.

Tempted to start collection the PS2 Castlevania's, BTB has Curse of Darkness for $8 delivered.

Thought I have Devil Summoner and was going to take a pic to taunt, but I do not!

Found Nocturne, P3 (and FES), P4 + various other jRPGs....like, lots.

I had no idea that Persona 3 even came out here! Only ever found the FES edition.

ON THAT NOTE WHERE THE FUCK IS SOUL HACKERS ATLUS, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN REAL CUNTS THIS GEN COMPARED TO THE BOUNTY OF LAST GEN :(

Rahk

Yeah, I haven't played the original P3 but I played several hours of P3P. After playing a bit of P4G and seeing some of the P3 cutscenes I can tell it loses a lot of atmosphere and style.

It seems to only be worthwhile if you've already played P3 and/or really like the combat. I won't be going back to it. Bought it on sale for $7.50 or something anyway.

ON THAT NOTE WHERE THE FUCK IS SOUL HACKERS ATLUS, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN REAL CUNTS THIS GEN COMPARED TO THE BOUNTY OF LAST GEN :(

Soul Hackers, the 3DS game that released in Japan this past August? On the timeline of the bountiful last gen we're not due it for at least another seven months to a year. Actually, compared to the DS games we probably won't get it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom