• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Ha, me too. It was cheap and I should have been suspicious as to why!
Oh, I deliberately bought it because of the games that were on it... Actually, it must've only been a year after it came out, because I remember some mates bought me F355 Challenge for my birthday.

Man, that console was rad. First time firing up MSR = win.

My parents giving me an Atari Lynx probably made me cautious about buying hardware later in life. That thing was fucking dead, especially living in the middle of the bush.
I bought one of those during my "too much disposable income" phase, when I also bought a Saturn and a
a Gamecube until it was $50 brand new in 2006!
The Lynx was probably the most fun of all the handhelds I went through (I also bought a Game Gear w/ TV tuner solely for the TV tuner. It could pick up SBS *barely* well enough. Some imagination involved), mainly because of the bang-on arcade ports like Road Blasters. Then some cunt knocked it off from my car outside my parents' place (where I was living at the time). Fucking cunts.

Yagharek

(I also bought a Game Gear w/ TV tuner solely for the TV tuner. It could pick up SBS *barely* well enough. Some imagination involved), mainly because of the bang-on arcade ports like Road Blasters. Then some cunt knocked it off from my car outside my parents' place (where I was living at the time). Fucking cunts.

Jokes on them now that analog tv is no longer broadcast.

Dead Man

No, it was the game gear otherwise the joke doesnt work

ROFL

Nah just will take a while for them to show off the new device properly. I can't justify a purchase at this point with the information I have.

If I want to play a game on my below HD TV I can play a console, if I want to play a sexy looking PC game at 1920x1080 with an IPS monitor that makes it look even MORE awesome then I have the PC.

I can see it being handy for people who wasted $4000 on an expensive TV and don't want to spend $300 on an awesome PC monitor.

The real drawing point will be if these functions can be leveraged by some exclusive games! Just playing regular Android mobile phone/tablet games won't really make it worthwhile. If the support is there it could turn into a nice little device to have around. I expect la bomba though.

Nice to see someone giving some cool tech a shot though! Especially without some propriety media bullshit! Means you have tons of stuff it will work with and not have to worry about people developing stuff to connect with it, once you get it into your possession of course.
Yeah, it still could be a pile of shit, and it is ugly as sin. But as you say, it is good to see some new ideas And the potential of the idea is huge.

CryptiK

Well my area is spamming me with texts that we will have Catastrophic Fire Dangers today and meant to reach a high of 43 Degrees

Yagharek

Machinarium is ace. Went and grabbed it on ps3 during the new year break and had my first decent go of it tonight.

Love the art style, and the puzzles are pretty interesting so far.

Our son, concern trolling his recent move to a hospital closer to home.

FFEA4D0B-58A1-4229-80C4-AA70C3BB9C9B-9857-000017A411A8DB3A.jpg

Thought I'd share.

Seriously, the best thing was getting a chip in that PS2 to play imports.
PS1 and PS2 Chips Ahoys club, here.

Oh, I deliberately bought it because of the games that were on it... Actually, it must've only been a year after it came out, because I remember some mates bought me F355 Challenge for my birthday.
Oh, so did I. I couldn't afford it full price, so when I saw it heavily discounted (along with every single game) I should have know something was up. I didn't really care when I found out that it was dead as the number and quality of games I had for it easily justified the purchase.

Our son, concern trolling his recent move to a hospital closer to home.

Thought I'd share.
daaaawwwwwwwwwwww.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Of all the games Cookie could have liked, I did not expect a grind heavy JRPG to be one of them.

I used to love JRPGs back in the PS1/PS2 era of gaming. It was close to pretty much the only genre I played. Same goes with a few on the snes.

I haven't actually played a JRPG since then though. I think once I started playing and getting addicted to WoW, single player rpgs just weren't the same so I never bothered with them.

We had a handful of great jRPG's on 360/PS3 this generation but not as constant as on the PS2 sadly.

I play a lot more western ones than Japanese ones these days.

jambo

http://www.facebook.com/PAXAUS

As a first happy announcement for 2013, due to the huge demand from you guys we’ve added an additional hall to the already huge area PAX Australia will be taking up in the Melbourne Showgrounds.

With more space we can also offer extra tickets for each of the days, which means yes – there are now more Saturday passes available, but no doubt not for long!

WE BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES!

GO GO GO!!!

Am i the only one perturbed by the increasing dominance of 'home brand' products in many stores?

My job at the moment is working on a factory line and putting stuff in boxes all day. Fun.

Anyway, the other day I was making woolworths home brand toilet cleaner. We finished that and started making coles home brand toilet cleaner. It was the exact same batch of product. Same liquid we just changed the labels.
That blew my mind.

Jintor

My job at the moment is working on a factory line and putting stuff in boxes all day. Fun.

Anyway, the other day I was making woolworths home brand toilet cleaner. We finished that and started making coles home brand toilet cleaner. It was the exact same batch of product. Same liquid we just changed the labels.
That blew my mind.

EXCLUSIVE

senahorse

Am i the only one perturbed by the increasing dominance of 'home brand' products in many stores?

We certainly are, we try to buy name brand where we can but sometimes (like garbage bags for instance) it's just not cost effective not to buy the store brand, which is basically shooting ourselves in the foot because the less "brand name" products the less reason for coles/woolies to discount their own lines. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would have thought (but obviously don't know enough in this area) that it is borderline monopolistic behaviour, or is that when they remove all the name brand stuff entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom