• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As already written, it is for my wife. Not me.

I just did a search and there are SD downloads for episodes 1 through 8 =\
Episode 7 is fake and Episode 8 has faulty parts so you can't download it and unzip it anyway. All of which is written in the comments on NZB.

If you have links that work I would love a PM though!

EDIT: New Girl has failed too :/

jambo

Reading that thread about Nintendo Power coming to an end has made me think about getting a PCPP sub again. I have something like 100 issues in a cupboard at my parents house.

Plus I'd like to think that it would help the magazine if they got more subscribers, even just one more.

Episode 7 is fake and Episode 8 has faulty parts so you can't download it and unzip it anyway. All of which is written in the comments on NZB.

That sort of stuff isn't exclusive to NZBMatrix. It will happen every now and then with usenet (and torrents and http downloads). The reason I use NZBMatrix is because the membership and upload nature means that the chance of getting shitty, fake or virus material is almost non existent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I used to love PCPP. Religiously subscribed. That was some good PC gaming journalism.

I had the same notion about 9 months ago. Found a massive box of the first 100 issues and poured through them. Loved the Quake 2 issue where Paul Steed gave PCPP some custom art for the cover (also that CMI got a higher score than Q2).

I picked up 2 new issues of PCPP and wasn't impressed with the content. Went back to the internet and the odd copy of Hyper/RandomEnglishGamingMagazine.

Dead Man

I think a lot of people put a lot of weight behind the title of Game of the Year. They also have this mindset that GOTY also means "technically best" or "subjective winner" when placed against all other game releases.

Really, though, GAME OF THE YEEEAAAAAR basically means "the game that resonated most with me." For some people, yeah, it could be AC3; the fact that the third (28th) instalment of a popular franchise or it's a game set in someone's favourite time period or the fact that you play as a native American could all, whether individually or together, means that it get placed at the top of someone's list.

I might deem that opinion "wrong" or "subjectively incorrect" but I don't really have a right to do much more than add my voice to the discussion on what I believe to be the best game and to back that up with reasoning. At the end of the day, that opinion can be called into question by multiple other people for their own reasons.

It's weird that Video Games has this mindset where there is a right or wrong answer to "My Game of the Year," when not many other media have such a binary approach. For some people the latest Brittney Spears album will be the best release, the latest Will Farrell movie a top contender and a Dan Brown book at the top of their greatest list for some years. I don't agree with any of those but I understand that they scratch an itch for those people and resonate in ways that will never for me.

In those other media, you can have discussion about what your favourite of the year was and it's sufficient to say "I really like Adam Sandler movies" and people will accept that. They may not agree, but an understanding is reached. Video Games, however, if you were to say "Assassin's Creed is my favourite franchise and this game is awesome and it's fantastic!" video game fans will still turn around and reply with "you're wrong."

Good Game like Assassin's Creed. Their opinion. The only concern I have is if they reason it well enough and articulate the factors that placed it above and beyond all the other releases.

I don't know, I just think people make too much of a fuss and place far too much importance on Game of the Year lists. Mainly, I think people use those lists to validate their own decision and if it doesn't match up, they need to rage about it.

If outlets called it their favourite game of the year, I would have much less problem, but it is presented as the best game of the year, with pretentions to critiquing the medium. As we see in the games/journalis thread, they can't have it both ways.

If they want to be opinion based with no need to provide evidence other than 'I liked it', that is fine. It is not something I am interested in, but it is fine. If they want to say AC3 is the BEST game of the year, they are trying to be critics and failing miserably.

To counter JASE's points, which were by and large well presented, I'd like to make the argument that if a publication or a television show or an entity is going to rate a game like Mass Effect 3, or Assassin's Creed 3 as their Game of the Year, while that might still be their opinion, it's an opinion I'm going to use to judge said entire entity.

Because even if they might legitimately think their game of the year is some amazing thing, they've made a choice that makes their opinions irrelevant to myself and likely the majority of people who dislike those kinds of big budgety bullshit games. Of course, Good Game seem to exist whether I pay attention to them or not, so more power to them and their stupid fucking score scale.

This, too.

jambo

I might stick with picking up random copies every now and then (or taking photos of them at newstands =P), but then I'd worry that I'd just never end up buying any. At least with a sub they would constantly flow in.

I'm totally going to my parents this weekend to get all the old mags though!

Yagharek

To be honest, if you're not that keen right now waiting never does any harm at all. Wait until it's more stable, has more games, and likely has a price-cut. All you're really missing out on is NSMBU and ZombiU, if you're even interested in them. Otherwise eh, shitty ports.

You're absolutely correct. I'm just conflicted over the interest I have in the system versus the disappointment in some serious issues that need addressing from Nintendo.

Hard locks, slow networking, slow OS, poor battery life on the Gamepad all add up to issues that really irritated me this generation with 360 and to a lesser extent PS3. I've bought far too many consoles at/near launch and I would say to this day only Wii and PS2 have delivered on their promises made at launch.

I'm going to sit back and wait now, see what E3 brings, see what the games in the launch window end up being like, and then make a decision based on whether to get one or look at a PS4, or any next gen console at all for that matter. In the meantime, PS3, Wii, 3DS and possibly a Vita will do nicely.

Danoss

3 of the .rar files failed :(

Might give Astraweb a shot. Using NewsGroupDirect, haven't had an issue until today (never had a failed file with Mysterbin).

Also try grabbing just those busted/missing files later, they might not have propagated on your server yet. They should have by now, but it's worth a try.

Jintor

I'm so glad there's time for me to get a job that actually pays money before the next generation of consoles come out.

I'm even gladder that I can probably wait around for a year or two before it even becomes worth getting them.

Hell, the only real reason I got a PS3 was for Blu-rays... and the first-party titles/exclusives. That was a year ago. That's how long it took for them to save up enough exclusives for that nonsensical price tag to become 'worth it' in my eyes.

Granted, I don't really like any Sony-exclusive franchises at all, so there's that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It has probably already been posted, but if you got your Club Nintendo account you can properly register your Wii Us now for 1000 points.

Can't get 2 newest Gossip Girl episodes through them. Unless I download a 2GB version of it. Why the fuck would I need SUPER HI DEF versions of fucking Gossip Girl? I would prefer a 300MB copy that I can download in a quarter of the time and get watching the fecking thing (well, not me but you know what I mean).

That is my issue today with them.

Mysterbin had EVERYTHING that was put on Usenet. And I mean everything. If it wasn't found through NZB it would show up in Mysterbin. I just wish NZB would collect more. I don't even bother trying to get music from them any more. Might have to end up going torrent again since direct downloads seem to be corrupting once downloaded >.>

720p or nothing.
It has probably already been posted, but if you got your Club Nintendo account you can properly register your Wii Us now for 1000 points.

Out of curiosity many do you need to use them for something?

Yagharek

As far as I know, there's nothing missing, just tons of enhancements. It's not stripped down interface-wise like P3 PSP was, either.

If you've never played any of these games before, just be warned of one thing about P4: the intro is painfully long. It takes a good couple hours before you're playing the game properly. The story is interesting, so that helps, and if you weren't interested in the story in the first place, you shouldn't really be playing anyways. But it's worth dealing with the frustration. Once it gets going and you've got some freedom, it's loads of fun and incredibly deep.

Hey thanks for the information, much appreciate the time to put it together.

I'm somewhat interested in the game only because it seems vastly different to anything Ive played in a long while. I've heard some very high praise for it from all sorts of places, so it's the kind of thing I'm more likely to take a second look at.

As far as my very basic understanding of the game goes its about weird shit going on inside tv channels and young hipster type characters are involved and there is a curfew and stuff. I'm sure that sounds completely stupid but it would mean going in fresh to the game and it's something I'd like to try for a change.

Oh and you collect demons or something to fight for you, yeah?

EatChildren

Out of curiosity many do you need to use them for something?

Depends what. Store is down so I cant check exact prices, but a few hundred might get you something small, meanwhile the cool stuff will usually cost a few thousand. I'm aiming for the gold nunchuck, if it ever comes back in stock here, which cost 3000 points.

markot

Banned
Over at Kogan they appear to be settling in for a hard race for your Christmas dollars, dropping the price of the Nexus 7 32GB with Wi-Fi to just $259 and the Nexus 7 32GB + 3G to $329, the prices are sans delivery charge which is $19 on top of that. The Kogan website lists the Wi-Fi Nexus 7 as shipping within 5 business days but tje 3G model has a 10 day lead time.

These prices beat the Google Play store by a fair margin so if you’re in the market for one of, if not the best 7″ tablet on the market then head over to the Kogan website and place your order.

http://www.kogan.com/au/shop/tablets-laptops/?brand=google

Kritz

Banned
xLbme.png

Testing spawning physics items with Aon in my game.

Yes, 2 frames per second.

Depends what. Store is down so I cant check exact prices, but a few hundred might get you something small, meanwhile the cool stuff will usually cost a few thousand. I'm aiming for the gold nunchuck, if it ever comes back in stock here, which cost 3000 points.

Ah that's cool. I thought it was just put towards buying stuff off the eshop.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
3 of the .rar files failed :(

Might give Astraweb a shot. Using NewsGroupDirect, haven't had an issue until today (never had a failed file with Mysterbin).

Don't jump to astra. It all depends on what you're trying to get and when at the moment.

Astra has an automated system to remove requested files due to DCMA requests. So if you're trying to get something specific after it's been posted there's a chance it's missing some files.

Jintor

Hey thanks for the information, much appreciate the time to put it together.

I'm somewhat interested in the game only because it seems vastly different to anything Ive played in a long while. I've heard some very high praise for it from all sorts of places, so it's the kind of thing I'm more likely to take a second look at.

As far as my very basic understanding of the game goes its about weird shit going on inside tv channels and young hipster type characters are involved and there is a curfew and stuff. I'm sure that sounds completely stupid but it would mean going in fresh to the game and it's something I'd like to try for a change.

Oh and you collect demons or something to fight for you, yeah?

That's the basics, yeah!

Astra has an automated system to remove requested files due to DCMA requests. So if you're trying to get something specific after it's been posted there's a chance it's missing some files.
Huh. Didn't know this. Is it new? Annual renewal happened a couple of months back so I will start looking around in a few months.

Haven't noticed any major problems with them, especially for new stuff, but hey if there's someone better out there...

Shaneus

GAMES - I've jumped back in to Wipeout HD this week since Ive been floating the idea of getting a Vita (WO2048 one of the reasons).

Sol 2 is a beautiful track. Sebenco Climb is an evil re-imagining of Sargamatha from 2097. It's still one of the best racing games this generation or the last 4, going back even as far as Sega Rally and Daytona and PGr2.

I also got my first contender eliminated in years. That is, my ship blowing up, not another one
Lemme know how you go w/ the Vita. I'm just biding my time for when there's a better exploit which I can get in on so I can play PSP titles. From what I can gather, the exploit only allows a jailbreak to PSP level (not enough to play Vita games afaik) but that's all I want. Lumines (and other shizzle) on a Vita screen. E3, Burnout Legends... want.

>_< FFS while I was away from the internet my favourite Usenet Search Engine (and basically the only one that actually worked properly) shut down. If only NZB Matrix wasn't so shit all the time :(
I feel you, bro. Newzbin was killer.

NZB Matrix is probably second best, also keep an eye on binsearch.info for stuff that doesn't get catalogued by Matrix.

Fuck, did that double post thing again. Shit.

Yagharek

Lemme know how you go w/ the Vita. I'm just biding my time for when there's a better exploit which I can get in on so I can play PSP titles. From what I can gather, the exploit only allows a jailbreak to PSP level (not enough to play Vita games afaik) but that's all I want. Lumines (and other shizzle) on a Vita screen. E3, Burnout Legends... want.

Will do once I get funding approval. I'll probably get Lumines too so I will advise how that holds up compared to the original. I expect it has no Shinin' but sometimes in life the show must go on.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Huh. Didn't know this. Is it new? Annual renewal happened a couple of months back so I will start looking around in a few months.

Haven't noticed any major problems with them, especially for new stuff, but hey if there's someone better out there...

If you're using sick there's no reason to really be worried since it should grab stuff quick enough.

For other larger files over a longer period of time, There's a higher chance they will be missing.

Yagharek

HEADS UP PSN PEOPLE

Tokyo Jungle and Nights are both on sale at the moment. Nights is something like $10.50 and Tokyo Jungle is about the same. The two together cost me $20.90.

A bit cheaper for PSN+, but Tokyo Jungle is only on sale til tomorrow.

hamchan

HEADS UP PSN PEOPLE

Tokyo Jungle and Nights are both on sale at the moment. Nights is something like $10.50 and Tokyo Jungle is about the same. The two together cost me $20.90.

PS+ has trained me not to buy anything on PSN anymore.

Salazar

Always mind-blowing when American political discussion on GAF manages to refer to something like healthcare as "goodies".

Even my direct downloads through a download manager aren't working. Wondering if it is the posting website that is putting up fucked .rar files or maybe my connection is too shit at the moment to download properly???

NZB Matrix is probably second best, also keep an eye on binsearch.info for stuff that doesn't get catalogued by Matrix.
Tried. Much better than NZB in terms of quantity but you can't tell if a file is dead or not, led to my first 5 downloads resulting in no end result :(

HEADS UP PSN PEOPLE

MY ERECTION IS READY

Actually more my waiting after the unfortunate finishing up of the launch PSN+ discount a day early has paid off! The wife has played a fuckload of Rise of Nations and is keen for a new game, was going to install Civ5 tonight for her but maybe Tokyo Jungle will mean I don't lose her forever while still keeping her happy!

And on the day that I get internet back! That's a bingo!

Oh and took the little guy to the ER.
When changing his nappy (he had a late nap from 2pm-4pm) before dinner there was something stuck in the end of his penus. It was fairly solid but not rock hard, blocking the entire end of his weiner. Worried it was a kidney stone so went to get it checked out, especially since he complained of it hurting while peeing on the toilet this morning (toilet training last 2 weeks).
Doctor assumed it was a kidney stone but was shocked at the size, also that it could have happened to a 2 year old. It was obviously pretty big since it was blocking everything, would have felt worse than child birth if it really was a kidney stone.

Chalked it up to the end of days upon us and went on our merry way. Hopefully there isn't a repeat tonight/tomorrow!

Yagharek

He hasn't been dosed up on coffee has he? Glad he's ok though.

Incidentally, I accidentally went cold turkey on coffee about two weeks ago c/- my gastro incident. I dont think I ould have done this intentionally at all, and yet I have no cravings for it at all. Very strange, given when it was part of my morning routine I would get a headache after going two hours without a cup.

Shaneus

Even my direct downloads through a download manager aren't working. Wondering if it is the posting website that is putting up fucked .rar files or maybe my connection is too shit at the moment to download properly???

Tried. Much better than NZB in terms of quantity but you can't tell if a file is dead or not, led to my first 5 downloads resulting in no end result :(
You can't know if a file is dead or not unless you start downloading it. Or use something like NZB Completion Checker.

Yagharek: I remember the soundtrack for Lumines ES being fucking amazing. Wikipedia likely has something on it.

Edit:

4 AM - Kaskade
Aganju - Bebel Gilberto
Always Loved A Film &#8211; Underworld
Apollo Throwdown &#8211; The Go! Team
Automatons &#8211; Anything Box
Autumn Love &#8211; SCSI-9
Bang Bang Bang &#8211; Mark Ronson & The Business
Celebrate Our Love &#8211; Howard Jones
Close (To The Edit) &#8211; Art of Noise
Disco Infiltrator &#8211; LCD Soundsystem
Dissolve &#8211; The Chemical Brothers
Embracing The Future &#8211; B.T.
Flyin&#8217; Hi &#8211; Faithless
Good Girl &#8211; Benny Benassi
Gouryella &#8211; Gouryella
Hey Boy Hey Girl &#8211; The Chemical Brothers
Higher State of Consciousness &#8211; Wink
In My Arms &#8211; Mylo
Kelly Watch The Stars &#8211; Air
Moistly &#8211; LFO
Never &#8211; Orbital
Out Of The Blue &#8211; System F
Pacific 707 &#8211; 808 State
Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song) &#8211; Safri Duo
Rocket (Tiësto Remix) &#8211; Goldfrapp
Sunriser (Publicmind Remix) &#8211; Ken Ishii
Superstar &#8211; Aeroplane
The Future of the Future (Stay Gold) &#8211; Deep Dish featuring Everything but the Girl
The Sun Rising &#8211; The Beloved
What&#8217;s Your Number &#8211; Ian Pooley
Windowlicker &#8211; Aphex Twin
Wolfgang&#8217;s 5th Symphony &#8211; Wolfgang Gartner
Wooden Toy &#8211; Amon Tobin
Yesterday When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix) &#8211; Pet Shop Boys

But yeah, I really want to make sure I can be *guaranteed* the ability to play *all* PSP titles on it. At least, 90% of them. If I'm limited to whatever's on PSN and that's it... then no dice. At least for now.

Fuck rep, hope the little guy is okay. He didn't sound like he was in pain, did he? Did the doc get it out?

Danoss

Incidentally, I accidentally went cold turkey on coffee about two weeks ago c/- my gastro incident. I dont think I ould have done this intentionally at all, and yet I have no cravings for it at all. Very strange, given when it was part of my morning routine I would get a headache after going two hours without a cup.

Two weeks is about what it takes to get over it I think. It's about how long it took me when I dumped my caffeine addiction years ago. I did it when I was on holidays as I couldn't take the headaches at work without my usual dosage.

Yagharek

You can't know if a file is dead or not unless you start downloading it. Or use something like NZB Completion Checker.

Yagharek: I remember the soundtrack for Lumines ES being fucking amazing. Wikipedia likely has something on it.

Edit:<snip>

Damint shaneus I just copied the list from wiki too!

Some good tracks in there, and a few names I recognise but not the tracks (eg Ken Ishii - still have the Rez soundtrack on rotation). Windowlicker a shocking inclusion, and some classic Chemical Brothers too.

Orbital clinches it though.

Man Far Cry 3 sure is something. It's got the artstyle of Bulletstorm and the Sandbox gameplay of Just Cause 2. Shame the enemy AI is probably the worst I've seen in 2012.

The fuck. THIS AGAIN. What's up Sony.

I have PS+
I just got the Vita games for free. Which requires PS+. It says my subscription doesn't expire until next January.
Tokyo Jungle reads as $9.86 for PS+ people on the What's New front page.
On the 12 Days Of Christmas front page it says $9.59 for PS+ people.
On the actual Tokyo Jungle page it says $10.65, no sign of anything PS+ related in terms of discount.
PS Blog says it is £4.67! What!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME AGAINNNNNN

Silver lining in the mushy disgusting cloud that is gastro! I've noticed cutting it out since Friday has left me despondent and listless. So much for getting shit done during my holiday!

Windowlicker &#8211; Aphex Twin

Fuck rep, hope the little guy is okay. He didn't sound like he was in pain, did he? Did the doc get it out?
MysterBin did! It would list the number of articles needed and if there were ones missing it would be in red. You could also batch articles into .nzb files sooooooooo easily. Really was far and away the best at finding articles as well as the most advanced in terms of giving power to you.

Vita worth the price tag alone for Windowlicker! Also just "bought" Gravity Daze and Uncharted Vita on PS+!

He seemed okay, the stone was just on the tip of his penus when I cleaned up his poopy nappy. Had to break it off/brush it out with a wet wipe, seemed a bit uncomfortable for the little guy but was happy as Larry after that. He has been a real shit the last 48 hours so it seemed possible that it had been annoying him as he passed it out over the 2 days.

Yagharek

Actually I have been feeling quite down lately, I kind of put that down to being sick/gastro/stress of home loan/real estate lies/Wii U uncertainty but perhaps its the caffeine withdrawal.

Kritz

Banned

Weird, since I also quit drinking coffee after about a year of making the most coffee ass coffee I could, multiple times a day. No cravings or after effects. Except now when I do have a coffee I can't get to sleep as easily.

I've also quit drinking soda by accident after surgery. ... can't say I don't have cravings for that.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Digging my Wii-U so far. Controller feels great, and has some nice gimmicky features that really add to the whole product. New Super Mario Bros Wii-U is beautiful and pretty damn fun to play; despite being typical NSMB so far.:p

Loving the Miiverse feature it's like so nintendo-esque in the best way possible, instead of the other way around like it usually is.;p

Probably my biggest problem with the system so far, is despite allowing multiple nintendo IDs, every single one of them shares the same exact save files... I have no idea what nintendo was thinking with that design flaw..-_-

Anyway playing nintendo first-party games in HD is really something.. makes me incredibly excited to see the likes of pikmin, zelda and 3D mario on the system.:D

For all AusGaffers that have a Wii-U add me my nintendo ID is: LafielAbriel! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom