• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

I dont think Ive had any coke for six months.

If you're like me, after staying away from it for some time, you'll try it once more and find it is a foul tasting drink. I wonder how I ever liked it to begin with.

Mostly water, with the occasional cup of tea is how I keep it these days.

Yagharek

Yeah still going the odd cup of tea every couple of days.

Drinking some james squire cider right now, which is alright and is nice and cold unlike the day here. So hot and muggy.

Omikron

Pacing is fantastic. Unlike the rest of the game.

I see you have great taste Mr. Omi.

Also score on that level doesn't overstay its welcome, which is a huge help for the atmosphere. By that point they have dropped the Tony Scott bullshit too. They couldn't pull it off.

Haha, maybe yeah, they just got the music right through the big open area etc and gave you enough space to play with the games mechanics rather than the stupid cut scene fest that the rest of the game was.

Not a fan of Alan Wake's American Nightmare's main
time loop
mechanic. Understand why they did it, but not a fan. Looking back, I think I liked Alan Wake more than I originally realised. Not amazing, but pretty good. Found American Nightmare pretty ordinary so soon after the first game.

Omikron

Not a fan of Alan Wake's American Nightmare's main
time loop
mechanic. Understand why they did it, but not a fan. Looking back, I think I liked Alan Wake more than I originally realised. Not amazing, but pretty good. Found American Nightmare pretty ordinary so soon after the first game.

I tried playing this the other day. Couldn't get into it at all.

Also should note I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

It is short, and it is more Alan Wake. There's HEAPS of ammo and batteries and stuff everywhere though, which makes it super easy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A part of me wants to play through Max Payne 3 again because the combat is great.

Another part of me knows I never will because of the hours of unskippable Dan Houser wank.

Jintor

If you're like me, after staying away from it for some time, you'll try it once more and find it is a foul tasting drink. I wonder how I ever liked it to begin with.

Mostly water, with the occasional cup of tea is how I keep it these days.

Problem is occasionally I crave something ice-cold with a bit of an edge to it. Water is pretty good most of the time but there's like about a minute when you open a half-frozen can and it's like BAM taste buds explode.

And then it reaches your gut and you hate everything.

Sarcasm

So for all who play on Briggs planetside 2 (Especially vanu) do we have a method to check who is on without going in game?

Uncharted 1 had the best final fight sequence in the series. It was alright I guess, but the sequels had terrible boss fights.

I'm having trouble thinking of good boss fights in action games that aren't Zelda or Metal Gear

The Darkness 2 actually had pretty enjoyable boss fights

Danoss

Problem is occasionally I crave something ice-cold with a bit of an edge to it. Water is pretty good most of the time but there's like about a minute when you open a half-frozen can and it's like BAM taste buds explode.

And then it reaches your gut and you hate everything.

Iced tea works well. I've got a neat recipe for something a bit different and very refreshing on a hot day. Bickfords cordial works quite well too (Lemon Barley is my favourite), and if you want it a bit fizzy just mix it with sparkling mineral water.

The small amount of effort is worth the avoidance of self-loathing afterwards.

Kritz

Banned
Consistent with the first two games!

... yeah okay, fair point.

MP1 boss fight was ridiculously easy by comparison, though. It's too bad MP3 didn't follow the tradition of 'shoot environmental things to make a thing fall down'.

Omikron

... yeah okay, fair point.

MP1 boss fight was ridiculously easy by comparison, though. It's too bad MP3 didn't follow the tradition of 'shoot environmental things to make a thing fall down'.

It totally did in the police station.

I'm making some bread~ my house smells awesome!

Iced tea works well. I've got a neat recipe for something a bit different and very refreshing on a hot day. Bickfords cordial works quite well too (Lemon Barley is my favourite), and if you want it a bit fizzy just mix it with sparkling mineral water.

The small amount of effort is worth the avoidance of self-loathing afterwards.

It is perfect weather for iced tea! You can add fruits and stuff too to mix it up if you are poor like me. If I don't have any drink ingredients lemon in water tastes alright too.

I find most soft drinks way way too fizzy, and they make my teeth feel gross. I only really drink them in mixers now (Lemon, lime and bitters is the exception!). My problem right now is milk. Milkshakes are really great when you're hungry but its not meal time, although I've been drinking a bit too much recently.

What kind of a thread title do you call this?!

Your avatar works so well here. You should have seen the title before, it was glorious.

Welcome back!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll make sure Vooks gets banned again when AusGAF 9 is due.

Frawdder

Re: Coke/Caffeine/Soft drink talk

Ever since I got really sick about 4 months ago my desire to have any form of soft drink has disappeared (the sickness and soft drink were not related but I stop drinking it while I was sick, about 2 weeks).

Been drinking lots more water these days and also my quality of sleep has improved dramatically, so glad I don't drink the stuff any more.

Re: Coke/Caffeine/Soft drink talk

Ever since I got really sick about 4 months ago my desire to have any form of soft drink has disappeared (the sickness and soft drink were not related but I stop drinking it while I was sick, about 2 weeks).

Been drinking lots more water these days and also my quality of sleep has improved dramatically, so glad I don't drink the stuff any more.
I haven't had any cool drink in over a year. Not since I had my weight loss surgery, same goes with Burgers or Sausages in a Bun, god damn do I miss a good old Beef Snag in between a piece of white bread covered in Tomato Sauce. Its scary the things you miss when you can't have them anymore.

I know I don't post in AusGaf much (you guys move way too fast for me to keep up) however if anyone wants to add another Aussie to your WiiU Friends List feel free to add me, name is Worthintendo scarily enough.

boxartlg.jpg

Oh, so NOW you want a big digital collection of old games, Capcom...

Jesus. I don't remember many retro capcom games in Game Room.

legend166

Saw this and thought I'd found a perfect Christmas present for my sister to let her watch Netflix.

Go to unblock-us:

Netflix and most of other protected content may not work on WD players sold outsde of North America. Unfortunately this is physical limitation of the player (missing DRM-compatible chip) and there is nothing we can do about it.
New models of WD TV Live players (3rd generation) won't even show US apps on models made for other countries.
This instruction can work for devices sold in US

Sigh.

Danoss

It is perfect weather for iced tea! You can add fruits and stuff too to mix it up if you are poor like me. If I don't have any drink ingredients lemon in water tastes alright too.

It is indeed. I make this one in 2L batches, and is as follows:
  • Add 4 teaspoons of Yerba Mate to 1L cold water. Leave in fridge overnight (8 hours).
  • Filter tea from water.
  • Mix 2 parts Yerba Mate Iced Tea with 1 part Orange Juice and 1 part Pineapple Juice.
  • Enjoy.
Be aware that whilst Yerba Mate (pronounced Yerba Mah-tay) is a herbal tea, it does contain caffeine. It's quite different and most people who try this without knowing what straight Yerba tastes like will think it's a weak juice mix with an interesting, unexpected taste in the background. Very refreshing.

Brewing the tea as above, also known as 'cold brewed' eliminates bitterness since it's hot water that does it. You can of course mix it with any juice you like or have it without, as well as use different types of tea. I'll be trying different types of Oolong this summer to try and get the strength exactly right.

Nothing wrong with a bit of lemon added to water, it's lovely. I have filtered water most of the time, and once the taste of additives has been removed it becomes so moreish. It may sound odd for water to be 'moreish', but it totally is.

I find most soft drinks way way too fizzy, and they make my teeth feel gross. I only really drink them in mixers now (Lemon, lime and bitters is the exception!). My problem right now is milk. Milkshakes are really great when you're hungry but its not meal time, although I've been drinking a bit too much recently.

I generally stay away from soft drinks, but I might have a little bit when I'm mixing something together for a visitor, which isn't often. Lemon, lime and bitters is brilliant, but not the pre-mixed kind; Angosturo bitters with Schwepppes Lime Cordial and Schweppes Lemonade makes it perfectly.

Milo will be the end of me if I let myself have as much as want. On top of a normal Milo, it's worth whipping up the occasional Milo milkshake: just use more Milo than normal, milk of course, add ice cream all to a blender and mix. It's amazing. I don't keep ice cream in the house, cause I'll make too many of them.

Excuse the long post, I quite like tea and stuff.

Fusebox

Banned
Saw this and thought I'd found a perfect Christmas present for my sister to let her watch Netflix.

Go to unblock-us:

Netflix and most of other protected content may not work on WD players sold outsde of North America. Unfortunately this is physical limitation of the player (missing DRM-compatible chip) and there is nothing we can do about it.
New models of WD TV Live players (3rd generation) won't even show US apps on models made for other countries.
This instruction can work for devices sold in US

Sigh.

Well that sucks. I was thinking of getting a WD for my olds for the same reason.

senahorse

Uncharted 1 had the best final fight sequence in the series. It was alright I guess, but the sequels had terrible boss fights.

I'm having trouble thinking of good boss fights in action games that aren't Zelda or Metal Gear

I thought it was kind of terrible, it was a QTE.

Yagharek

I thought it was kind of terrible, it was a QTE.

The whole sequence included a tense cover-to-cover slow advance shootout, chasing the relic being airlifted by chopper, and yes, a QTE but it was a good QTE.

Uncharted 2 had a Benny Hill race around a blue tree and Uncharted 3 had linear platforming jumps over falling pillars and a fistfight. With QTE elements.

Uncharted 2 is the best in the series, but UC1 had the better end sequence.

What? Uncharted 1's ending was as horrible as every other ending in that series.
Nonononononononono! It was bad but UC2's ring-a-ring-a-rosey ending was worse. UC3 however, wins the award due to it's anticlimactic ending that I cared so little for due to its shittiness. Why was that guy even a threat? Just shoot him in the ballsack, Drake and get on with your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom