• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Opened up the mail to see that Centrelink cancelled my Carer Allowance for looking after my Gran and that the most recent payment was the last. I've been receiving that benefit for going on 3 years. In that time she hasn't gotten any younger or better, yet they claim the level of care is not enough based on the most recent review.

By contrast, I'm still receiving the Carer Payment which is the higher level one and if you're eligible for that, you're eligible for the Carer Allowance. Awaiting a phone call now to clarify what's going on. I assume they'll either reinstate the Allowance or have both payments cancelled.

Fingers crossed it works out and my Gran isn't left without anyone to look after her.

Shit Danoss :( I hope you can sort it out quickly. I've heard so many horror stories about centrelink.

Reminds me of the time I opened a box of cereal like that and a bunch of weevil moths flew out.

According to Uncle Tobys (who I think were the manufacturers), this was a common thing and due to 'warehousing'. *shrug*

That is truly gag inducing. Is "warehousing" a codeword for "low health and safety standards"?

Reminds me of the time I opened a box of cereal like that and a bunch of weevil moths flew out.

According to Uncle Tobys (who I think were the manufacturers), this was a common thing and due to 'warehousing'. *shrug*
Did they give you a ton of free shit? I know a guy who makes up complaints to get free stuff out of manufacturers

Danoss

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

Just got the phone call. Strangely, I was told the requirements are higher for the Carer Allowance than it is for Carer Payment, though you don't even have to reside in the same premises as the care recipient to receive Carer Allowance. I told them how bizarre that was and they seemed to agree with me.

They informed me the Carer Payment is still fine, so that is a relief, but the extra $115 a fortnight that Carer Allowance provides really makes a difference.

I must have ticked a wrong box or something for this to happen. They're sending out some forms for me to fill out again, so they can re-assess the Carer Allowance. Hopefully it's all good this time around.

jambo

We once bought a quiche that had a bunch of maggot eggs in it. We didn't know until we put it in the microwave and they all hatched...

I've hardly touched Quiche for the last 15 years...

I got a McFlurry once that had a thumb tack in it. I didnt realise the legal rammifications at the time and walked up to the counter and showed them. The girl calmly grabbed it out of my hand and tossed it in the garbage then gave me a new McFlurry. I thought I won...

markot

Banned
I got a McFlurry once that had a thumb tack in it. I didnt realise the legal rammifications at the time and walked up to the counter and showed them. The girl calmly grabbed it out of my hand and tossed it in the garbage then gave me a new McFlurry. I thought I won...

You could have gotten 10 mcflurries!

I didn't even think about that when I got a hamburger with a bite in it :/ I was pretty pissed, but I was also really hungry and just wanted my food.

Nope, think they sent us a cheque to buy $10-20 worth of their products. Can't really remember.
As if you'd want to inject more of their food :S

my god, you are some kind of urchin

Hey! I was really hungry. I can guarantee I will not be buying fast food again, especially after eating that double down.

EDIT: I DID NOT EAT THE BURGER. I GOT A NEW ONE. Oh jeez, I did not explain that well.

Dead Man

So... that quesadilla thread has me wanting Mexican. Trouble is all the mex restaurants I know in Adelaide are a bit shit, anyone know of any good ones?

Gazzawa

Ha-ha, now you are stuck in WA!

All all seriousness, WA is great. Head down the South West and drink way too much wine and have a surf.

will do man. soon as a find a job in environmental science.
im all stocked up on duty free booze.
2Ls of sweet sweet absolut for $49

Fogz

My ex-gf worked at subway and left the knife in a sandwich.

jambo

So I moved to WA the other day.
What do I do now?

Jt9X0qd.png

I should buy a Mad Mex franchise and open up in Adelaide.
Mexican is in vogue right now in Melbourne...

... it's like the best thing ever.

It's like the Subway of Mexican food, or Tex-Mex more likely. Their quesadillas are fantastic..
Looks like it. Nothing wrong with Tex-Mex, except when it tries to present itself as "real" Mexican. I've grown to love the "real" stuff in the past few years.

Danoss

Looks like it. Nothing wrong with Tex-Mex, except when it tries to present itself as "real" Mexican. I've grown to love the "real" stuff in the past few years.

It is excellent. I don't think I've ever had 'real' Mexican food, but Tex-Mex does go down a treat.

Mad Mex is worth a try if you haven't eaten there. There is Guzman y Gomez also, but I think Mad Mex is the better of the two.

Dead Man

It's like the Subway of Mexican food, or Tex-Mex more likely. Their quesadillas are fantastic.

Speaking of which, Chili Con Carne for dinner was delicious.
I'll take Tex Mex.

Maybe I will have to move to Melbourne.

Urban spoon has a Mex restaurant listed I haven't tried that's not too far away and does take away, but they have no website.

Any radelaidians been to Maiz and Mezcal?

Their food looks pretty good

3zBDgoo5wwUm7Z-640m.jpg

tfMtsvGwEDaXty-640m.jpg

Might make the trip.

Hey, WA's not that bad... They have jester's pies and um... something... Oh! They have an fantastic MMA dojo in Perth that I have sorely missed in Brisbane. But yeah, that's about it. Go to the beach. Enjoy not having shops on the weekend.

It really is. UQ is supposed to be getting Guzman y Gomez, and I'm getting ready to say goodbye to my money.

Rezbit

Hey, WA's not that bad... They have jester's pies and um... something... Oh! They have an fantastic MMA dojo in Perth that I have sorely missed in Brisbane. But yeah, that's about it. Go to the beach. Enjoy not having shops on the weekend.

It really is. UQ is supposed to be getting Guzman y Gomez, and I'm getting ready to say goodbye to my money.

Man I'm always shocked when I go to Perth, and the place really does turn into a ghost town after work and on the weekends. It's eerie.

Ningo

Is there a consensus on the PC version of Syndicate?

I installed it last night and the movement/aiming felt really awkward, maybe try with my 360 controller?

I also downloaded DOTA 2 to give it a shot, as I thought I had access as it was in my games list, but as it turns out, it was just the spectator version, thanks for wasting my time.

No way Vook!

Man I'm always shocked when I go to Perth, and the place really does turn into a ghost town after work and on the weekends. It's eerie.

But everyone goes to bed as soon as the sun goes down in order to get up at 5am because dammit I don't want daylight savings and I'm going to prove I don't need it.

Eh, chips and aioli is all I really need in life.

If you can get in before the huge queue the sushi place has some decent choices, but aioli is amazing its true. I might go buy some if I can be bothered leaving the aircon.

Danoss

I also downloaded DOTA 2 to give it a shot, as I thought I had access as it was in my games list, but as it turns out, it was just the spectator version, thanks for wasting my time.

Accept my friend invite on Steam and I'll gift it to you. I've got more of them than I know what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom