• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

... I don't read nearly as much as I should. I actually really liked the Issac Asimov stuff someone (Danoss? I forget) recommended, and I read through I Robot and two of the Baley books. I'll return to that series eventually, but I was getting a little burned out on the concept.

That was me, and you're fucking welcome. :p

Don't worry about the rest of the series if you've read Caves of Steel and The Naked Sun.

Your next stop should be the Foundation trilogy. I say trilogy, even though there are 7 of them but go with Foundation, Foundation and Empire and Second Foundation. They are all short books.

If you enjoy them, then you can go on with the rest (which have a bit more of a time investment required).

For a standalone Asimov story, consider The Gods Themselves too.

Danoss

I think I got it working. Now to figure out how to not spam my facebook wall :p

We're all palled up on there, it looks like you've got the hang of it, it's simple enough (some things are hidden away a bit).

Have a bash at the 2013 Reading Challenge if you feel like it. I've challenged myself to a whopping 26 books this year, don't want to pressure myself while still getting into the swing of things.

Kritz

Banned
That was me, and you're fucking welcome. :p

Don't worry about the rest of the series if you've read Caves of Steel and The Naked Sun.

Your next stop should be the Foundation trilogy. I say trilogy, even though there are 7 of them but go with Foundation, Foundation and Empire and Second Foundation. They are all short books.

If you enjoy them, then you can go on with the rest (which have a bit more of a time investment required).

For a standalone Asimov story, consider The Gods Themselves too.

Well, thanks.

I think I actually have Gods Themselves purchased on my kindle already, just kinda wanted to read through in chronological order.

I'll start reading Asimov again once uni starts, I think. Uni holidays are too ripe with me starting things I don't finish.

We're all palled up on there, it looks like you've got the hang of it, it's simple enough (some things are hidden away a bit).

Have a bash at the 2013 Reading Challenge if you feel like it. I've challenged myself to a whopping 26 books this year, don't want to pressure myself while still getting into the swing of things.

Alright :D I'm gonna try for 20, since there will probably be busy uni times. Though if it includes manga I might up it a bit because it feels a bit like cheating..

hamchan

Wanted to read 52 books last year. Started failing when uni started again and only read 27.

I think reading massive books like 1Q84, 11/22/63 and those Wheel of Time books made me do worse too.

If I made an account on that site my list would make me seem like a boring person who reads nothing but Economics and World Super Power predictions.

Maybe University has made my desire to read fiction a dead horse.

Rahk

I failed the challenge miserably last year, but I'll try to read more this year.

I see you've found the AusGAF group already, but anyone else feel free to join.

Zelda Symphony is only a week and a bit away too! I can't wait.
I completely forgot about that. Need to find out where to get my tickets.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Death grips was great. Had an awesome spot to view the gig from. Only thing... The set went for like 50 minites. Gah.

dlRGBVR.png

TONIGHT

senahorse

Then I tried downloading the Feast for Crows audiobook and quickly discovered I am not good at paying attention to audiobooks.

Blame that more on the book, it's a bad book. It's like George RR Martin didn't write the first three books and just happened upon them and started 'trying' to write the rest. Either that or his brain is going stupid in his old age.

Gazunta

Yeah I think I'll just give up on doing original characters and stories. From now on, it's just mashups of two random pop culture things!

Sesame Street and uh Nintendo, there you go there's a shirt about Mario fighting Oscar The Grouch, where's my money Internet

Oh wait I got it Simpsons meets Doctor Who, hilarious, I'll go buy a yacht

Yeah I think I'll just give up on doing original characters and stories. From now on, it's just mashups of two random pop culture things!

Sesame Street and uh Nintendo, there you go there's a shirt about Mario fighting Oscar The Grouch, where's my money Internet

Oh wait I got it Simpsons meets Doctor Who, hilarious, I'll go buy a yacht

Maybe you could try writing a comic about old video games.

Gazunta

Yeah, "try".

Actually on that topic, I'd be doing a LOT better with that one if I just did comics about Mario, Zelda, Mega Man etc. Nobody's in the market for comics about Dungeon Keeper and Rick Dangerous except for rapidly aging men who grew up on C64s and Amigas :)

Clipper

So, who is going to which sessions of the Zelda Symphony? We should perhaps arrange an AusGAF meeting place for all three sessions so those of us watching the show can have a chat while we wait for the doors to open and those of us not watching the show can swing by to say hi if we have time...

I'm going to the Friday night show (8PM).

The others appear to be Saturday afternoon (2PM) and evening (7PM).

Also note, these dates are the 1st and 2nd of February not the coming Friday and Saturday :p

Stackboy

Just finished watching the Fringe finale. I'm kinda glad it got axed 'cos they never really recaptured the awesomeness of s1-s3...

I watched the finale and am pretty happy it's over. Great series, but the last season was pretty lacking.

Might start on Warehouse 13 next. Or I could always do a battlestar rewatch. Frakkin' toasters.

I can't watch the dick smith ad ;.;

Dr who is most over rated tripe since tripe.

It got kind of shitty recently, with every episode basically boiling down to "oh no, Aaaaammy Draaaamaaa", but I have high hopes for the adorable new companion.

Clara-Oswald-doctor-who-33144456-500-250.gif

Look at that! Cute as a button.

Rezbit

So, who is going to which sessions of the Zelda Symphony? We should perhaps arrange an AusGAF meeting place for all three sessions so those of us watching the show can have a chat while we wait for the doors to open and those of us not watching the show can swing by to say hi if we have time...

I'm going to the Friday night show (8PM).

The others appear to be Saturday afternoon (2PM) and evening (7PM).

Also note, these dates are the 1st and 2nd of February not the coming Friday and Saturday :p

I will be up there over the weekend for the Friday night show, not sure if I'll have time to meet but see what happens!

Also Dr Who more like Dr Who Cares. Credit to Orbi.

Clipper

I'm going to remain optimistic about the graphics as it is only one screenshot we've seen so far. Flashback is still one of my favourite PC games ever, next to Tex Murphy. I'm hyped!

I know this is old news but itunes really is awful. I got a gift card for Christmas but the store is really making it difficult to purchase anything. I keep forgetting my password, and when you reset it you can't use one that you've used in the past year - which just compounds the problem because I have to make obscure passwords that I forget again :p Now its trying to charge my bank card when I already have credit from the gift card. AND its $2.19 per song.

Omikron

Reminds me of the time I opened a box of cereal like that and a bunch of weevil moths flew out.

According to Uncle Tobys (who I think were the manufacturers), this was a common thing and due to 'warehousing'. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom