• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Is there a consensus on the PC version of Syndicate?

I installed it last night and the movement/aiming felt really awkward, maybe try with my 360 controller?

I also downloaded DOTA 2 to give it a shot, as I thought I had access as it was in my games list, but as it turns out, it was just the spectator version, thanks for wasting my time.

Join AusGAF steam chat and party with us. Also can pretty much get an invite from any of us since there are so many invites nowadays they are worth less than toilet paper.

Ningo

Accept my friend invite on Steam and I'll gift it to you. I've got more of them than I know what to do with.

Thanks, much appreciated. Never played a dota game before though.

Edit. Should prob have said something before I deleted it, ok it's a bit bigger than the spectator client

Shaneus

deek, I succumbed - Garbstore plain jacket on sale
5SWG5kW.jpg
That guy with that jacket on bears a passing resemblance to Derek Zoolander in disguise:
W4ab06l.jpg

Yagharek

will do man. soon as a find a job in environmental science.
im all stocked up on duty free booze.
2Ls of sweet sweet absolut for $49

I might know someone who used to work in the field, I'll see if I can find out how they got into the area. My vague understanding is that it was out doing marine surveys.

Rahk

I installed it last night and the movement/aiming felt really awkward, maybe try with my 360 controller?
The single player is pretty bad. Seems promising at the beginning but it never really goes anywhere and the story is terrible. I thought the gunplay was good enough to finish it though, and it helps that it's quite short. I didn't have any issues with movement and aiming though.

The thing about that game that people like is the co-op. I played a game of it with Kritz and I can see why people like it. You shoot bad guys with a variety of abilities and weapons, and earn more with a CoD style unlock system. We'll probably never play it again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It may be short, but I have cleared the Rising demo four times now. And will do so again as many more.

This isn't going to help the wait.

Kritz

Banned

Syndicate feels super weird on mouse/keyboard. Granted, only a few people here have played it, understandably.

When you ADS there's this weird momentumy autoaim thing that goes on, so I spent the entire game shooting from the hip. Which is a pretty efficient strategy considering how much bullet magnetism there seems to be.

Give the game a go on a 360 pad, I guess.

Only other people here who played it are rahk and fogz, I think.

Kritz

Banned
The thing about that game that people like is the co-op. I played a game of it with Kritz and I can see why people like it. You shoot bad guys with a variety of abilities and weapons, and earn more with a CoD style unlock system. We'll probably never play it again.

I'd be up for more >_>

Rahk

Syndicate feels super weird on mouse/keyboard. Granted, only a few people here have played it, understandably.

When you ADS there's this weird momentumy autoaim thing that goes on, so I spent the entire game shooting from the hip. Which is a pretty efficient strategy considering how much bullet magnetism there seems to be.

I didn't have any autoaim when I played it. Can't you turn it off? Maybe also check if mouse acceleration or something is on.

I'd be up for more >_>
Sure, one day! Think cookie downloaded it as well. Should be better with more people, especially since it's very clearly designed for 4 players.

Shaneus

Guys. GUYS (specifically, rep):

Veterans from Sony Liverpool have formed a new studio called Sawfly Studios. Four developers have teamed up including designers Mike Humphrey and Karl Jones, artist Jon Eggelton and programmer Andrew Jones.

"As soon as news went out about the studio closure we were all approached by large developers regarding new jobs,” said Sawfly Managing Director Mike Humphrey. "To be honest, our first instinct was to take positions with those relatively secure companies. However, the more we thought about it the more we realised that we had something more to contribute to the games industry."

"We knew that the only way to make our own games, exactly the way we wanted to make them, was to start our own studio. At Sawfly we want to create amazing and memorable gameplay experiences under our own terms, so that's exactly what we're doing."

The team has more than 50 years combined experience working in senior roles. They have worked on Wipeout, Motorstorm and the Formula 1 franchises. They have also worked at Sony, Bizarre Creations, Warner Brothers and Evolution Studios.

"Pitching your own ideas is great and extremely satisfying, but we were keen to hit the ground running," said SawFly's Design Director Karl Jones. "Early on we secured work by signing production deals with a couple of different companies, which we are extremely happy about. We expect details of those to be announced in due course."

Sawfly is finishing up the development of its first title for publisher Ripstone. Details about the game will be released soon. The team hopes the studio to slowly grow and will only hire the best developers.
It's from VeeGeeChartz (so no linky, but it was the first search result that came up) but this is awesome news.

Deeku

deek, I succumbed - Garbstore plain jacket on sale
Cool, nice and simple.

Some good sales still going on here in hong kong...though a lot of stuff is already gone. bought two suits even though I should probably be saving my money for rent:/

Also seems you can't stream grandstand overseas:(

Guys. GUYS (specifically, rep)
I was gonna ask about the possibility of another Destruction Derby, but I then realised Psygnosis only published it. And then I found out Reflections (the guys who did do Destruction Derby) did Driver: San Francisco, so that's cool.

Edit: Oh wait, they're the Watch_Dogs guys now, too? Sweet.

It may be short, but I have cleared the Rising demo four times now. And will do so again as many more.

This isn't going to help the wait.

Knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit. After checking my connection speed it shall have to wait, fuck you Telstra/tpg.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone in Melbourne at Animal Collective tonight? :)

Yagharek

ABC news went silly today (well, its the subject of games so I cant blame them) about Atari going bankrupt, then crediting them for Pac Man.

Never mind that it's really just a rebranded Infogrames US subsidiary that went under as part of a restructure but hey its the same name so whatever.

Also, it took 4 years but I finally finally FINALLY got all rainbows in Pixeljunk Monsters.

Now for Encore. See you in 2015!

senahorse

Hey, WA's not that bad... They have jester's pies and um... something... Oh! They have an fantastic MMA dojo in Perth that I have sorely missed in Brisbane. But yeah, that's about it. Go to the beach. Enjoy not having shops on the weekend.

Missed this the first time, have you checked out Integrated MMA at Stafford, they are one of the more renowned gyms in Australia. A guy I used to go to school with trains there and he was/is (not sure at the moment) the Australian champion for his weight division.

WTF happened to the cruisey win Australia?

Sure rep.
Alright.

I admit it.

It was m
y evil twin brother, named Fredescu. He is a bit of a dick and smells funny also.

:)

So... that quesadilla thread has me wanting Mexican. Trouble is all the mex restaurants I know in Adelaide are a bit shit, anyone know of any good ones?
The only one here is town is fucking awful.

Mexican Graffiti in Geelong used to be really good when a friend of mine was a chef there. Kinda got a bit meh now though.

Speaking of which, Chili Con Carne for dinner was delicious.
Best food in the world, had it last night for dinner and today for lunch!

Eh, chips and aioli is all I really need in life.
Your breath must smell divine. :)

I played it at launch on PC, fun title with a lot of issues and not enough time in oven (at least regarding the SP, never touched the co-op). It looked great but didn't let you find any depth in the impressive world they created. Facial stuff was amazeballs.

Guys. GUYS (specifically, rep):

It's from VeeGeeChartz (so no linky, but it was the first search result that came up) but this is awesome news.
There is a GAF thread somewhere, too busy to link!

Glad both Psygnosis and Bizarre ended up back with us in some fashion.

ABC news went silly today (well, its the subject of games so I cant blame them) about Atari going bankrupt, then crediting them for Pac Man.
Triple J yesterday had a nice chat about it on The Doctor, aside from him saying he had Mario Bros on his Atari.

Yagharek

Clarke plays - Australia lose.
Clarke out - Australia win.

The odds of that happening with 100% accuracy in 4 games is pretty slim you have to admit.

Shaneus

Mexican Graffiti in Geelong used to be really good when a friend of mine was a chef there. Kinda got a bit meh now though.
What about the one near Shell Stadium... Mexicali Mama? That's supposed to be awesome.

PS. Concur on the Bizarre/Psygnosis thing. Maybe Lucid/Sawfly can collaborate on a quasi-sequel to Blur called Blurpeout.

Clarke plays - Australia lose.
Clarke out - Australia win.

The odds of that happening with 100% accuracy in 4 games is pretty slim you have to admit.
What the... is that actually the case?

Bahahahaha. Awesome.

PPS. Rep, did you know about this? Look at the next pic in his album, too. Rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom