• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, what's the cheapest I can get Far Cry... or Dishonoured I guess, I still need to play those

I also bought that today. I got them from E "pay our the arse" B because I wanted to get rid of a bunch of games I never played.

Dishonoured seems pretty rad. I was really trying to play super stealthy/non-violently but I keep doing dumb shit like hiding in a really bad place, or seeing what happens when you throw a vat of whale oil and end up having to fight my way out.

Jintor

Mark of the Ninja really is the perfect stealth game. It is just so damn good at giving the player relevant information (and hiding it when necessary) and it controls like a god-damned dream.

Not sure how I missed this yesterday
PRsTS.gif

Mark of the Ninja really is the perfect stealth game. It is just so damn good at giving the player relevant information (and hiding it when necessary) and it controls like a god-damned dream.

It's been the first game I've actually finished in a while. Such a great game.

Kritz

Banned
I'm starting to miss holycheck's thread because we only had to put up with the worst title in the world.

hamchan

I have decided to buy a Vita since I have the cash.

Either LBP bundle or PS All-Stars bundle, which is better?

I disliked the slippery platforming in LBP and think PS All-Stars looks like bad version of Smash with a bad character lineup.

Games I will definitely get, feel free to give advice:
Lumines
Persona 4 Golden
DJMAX Technika
Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
Dynasty Warrior's Next
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Everybody's Golf
Disgaea 3

+

Free PS+ games:
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048

+

Whatever PSP games

I'm actually a bit hesitant to buy any games because of PS+ and the chance I could get it for free.

Yagharek

Wipeout 2048 isnt free on PSN+ at the moment, unless it was in the past and you have it in your list I guess.

I will be playing LBP tonight sometime, and I didnt really enjoy the platforming in the first one either. But I dont like smash bros style fighters, so PSASBR wasn't even in my thoughts when I had the choice.

I'll let you know what its like anyway.

Wipeout 2048 isnt free on PSN+ at the moment, unless it was in the past and you have it in your list I guess.

I will be playing LBP tonight sometime, and I didnt really enjoy the platforming in the first one either. But I dont like smash bros style fighters, so PSASBR wasn't even in my thoughts when I had the choice.

I'll let you know what its like anyway.

2048 isn't in the PAL PS+ only US (they got 2 extra games)

LBP i thought was good I got into it a bit when it luanched but havent played much since, should go back and see what people have come up with.

I played some PASBR in the Beta it was kinda fun but it got old fast.

edit: i think I heard some talk about the Ninja Gaiden port not being good but don't quote me, maybe ask about it in the Vita thread.

Okay, I think I have narrowed down my downloading issues to the Dodo connection itself as .rar files from multiple sources have been faulty after download. I guess all I can do is wait a week or so for things to stabilise :/

Deeku

Games I will definitely get, feel free to give advice
If you like music games (ie not just a djmax super fan), I recommend Project Diva F!

And Tactics Ogre psp if you haven't got that.

oh and Sound Shapes!

I'm actually a bit hesitant to buy any games because of PS+ and the chance I could get it for free.
yeah, I was actually gonna buy the Batmen games a few weeks ago but forgot about it. Now the latest one is free on psn:O

Uncharted: Golden Shower, Gravity Rush, Space Mutants and Chronovault. The last game (Chronovault) is Janky Jankston with added jank on top.

Edit: Don't listen to wonzo, Space Mutants is awesome.

What's the Aussie PS+ free vita games lineup? If it has Gravity Rush i may as well grab it

Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Mutant blobs and Chronovolt.

not sure what chronovolt is but Mutant blobs is a fun little platformer

I already have all bar chronovolt so didn't see any point to plus yet, hoping we get Wipeout soon though

beatens

Yagharek

I was wrong about PS+ in the past. I think the concept is actually really good.

The fact it's say, $14 a quarter or whatever it turns out to be is fantastic as a rental service. It also fits nicely into my mindset where I detest the implication a game purchase is only a license you own, not the game.

So if I don't own a game at $90, I'm far happier getting to play it and not own it for a fraction of $80 a year.

That way, any game I *really* like and am comfortable buying I have no problems doing so. An example would be Wipeout 2048. I love the series, I get to use my HD/Fury content too, so I'll buy it rather than hold out for PSN+. Conversely, Batman and Uncharted can remain free downloads.

Tis quite a good deal.

Meow.

PS+ is definitely the best thing Sony has done this generation. I can see it being a huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge positive for the PS4 in tandem with the Gaikai purchase.

Deeku

Tis quite a good deal.
It's worked out really well for me so far, though it kinda just adds more crap to the backlog><

But, I guess there's less guilt in not playing free games. Plus they don't add to my pile of unopened game boxes!

Fuck you Spec Ops:
A9bYYqGCcAA6Zfj.jpg:small

So has anyone
succeeded in winning that section with the white phosphorous mortar without using the mortar
? Note I'm only up to the section just after that so tread lightly with those spoilers...

Shaneus

Wipeout 2048 demo - first music track that plays is Beelzedub.

Shaneus - GET IT IN!
Fuck, sounds like I'm buying one, then. Even though I just spent $100 of that $150 eftpos voucher thing on an iCade Core, I will still probably do this.

Or buy yours in six months ;)

Fogz

Fuck you Spec Ops:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9bYYqGCcAA6Zfj.jpg:small[IMG]

So has anyone [spoiler]succeeded in winning that section with the white phosphorous mortar without using the mortar[/spoiler]? Note I'm only up to the section just after that so tread lightly with those spoilers...[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard [spoiler]I don't believe its possible. I thought about going back and trying too after that part :P[/spoiler]

Dead Man

So. Sleeping Dogs. Pretty fucking good. I can see hacking getting repetive, and every fight has turned into a counter fest, but I like they have done a lot of new things. Still not far into the story, but I'm really enjoying it. Face requirements are pissing me off a bit though, just let me buy the damn cars!

Edit: Also, this seems a horrible way to go.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-06/police-officer-killed-in-axe-attack/4413626
Two people have been arrested after a male police officer died after sustaining critical injuries in an axe attack in Sydney's north-west.

Yagharek

Excite! Hoping it's good. I'm sure it is, but yeah, unless there's hope the Vita can become an all-in-one Lumines box...

It's Lumines jim, but not as we know it

actually it is, minus shinin' and original tracks. but it is as addicting as ever. only the star blocks penalise you if you fuck up their placement. You know the soundtrack songs, but its good. Just got 70k first go, but quit since its getting late. Its addictive.

Far Cry 3 ending was a bit flat. Last third was a bit ho hum aside from one frantic mission. Actually felt a lot like Far Cry 2 at that point. Was really living to story for most of the game, until the last few missions.

Awesome game though. The middle section of the game when I had good skills and good weapons was tough but still really enjoyable. Start was too punishing and end was too easy.

5/5

Kritz

Banned
I might as well post my seemingly daily update to my game:

Players can now spawn castle walls and ladder-ramps at will to create basic fortifications. There is yet to be anything to fortify against and at that the players are still balls so can just ramp off shit to get inside.

Still, it's progress.

Shaneus

Awesome. Given I still fire up the PSP version every now and then for kicks and STILL get addicted to it, I'm confident ES will hook me in as well.

If the Vita hits $200 in the next few months, it's a no-brainer. Otherwise I think I'll sit it out for a few months more... I don't think I'll be able to completely live without owning Electronic Symphony forever.

Yagharek

The entire UI for Vita is ridiculously well designed. It's such an inviting system, even with all the downloads and updates etc.

On to LBP...

Dead Man

I might as well post my seemingly daily update to my game:

Players can now spawn castle walls and ladder-ramps at will to create basic fortifications. There is yet to be anything to fortify against and at that the players are still balls so can just ramp off shit to get inside.

Still, it's progress.

I want there to be little lemmings you makes bases for, maybe two groups, one defence one offence, you set up your castle, and release the lemmings. I would play the shit out of that in competitive 2 player.

Jintor

Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Mutant blobs and Chronovolt.

not sure what chronovolt is but Mutant blobs is a fun little platformer

I already have all bar chronovolt so didn't see any point to plus yet, hoping we get Wipeout soon though

beatens

Since I don't have anything except lumines and VLR, I think I might as well grab it.

Yagharek

LBP Vita is charming. Sackboy needs a hug.

Edit: More general impressions on Vita after a bit of use today. Spent a lot of time downloading demos and PSN+ games. Demos I got were JSR, Stardust and Sine Mora (also have it on PS3 but will see which version clicks most). Transferred Kula World Ps1 over to Vita. Bought Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe.

Played a little bit so far of Lumines, LBP, Uncharted (amazing visuals for a handheld) and Mutant Blobs. Little Kings Story will wait til tomorrow since I want to give it proper time. Wipeout 2048 demo is only one track. Not as pretty as I expected (jumping straight from WOHD) but still solid. A nice upgrade from Wipeout Pulse for sure.

The system itself is ergonomically excellent. The game cards are frighteningly tiny, as are memory cards. Actually, theyre worse. Updating games is piss easy, and relatively quick so far as updates and installs go. Battery life isn't flash hot but I havent run out yet after pretty intensive use of wifi. Only down to halfway.

Going to grab some accessories for it now. Thinking of a charge stand, definitely a screen protector, a case (any good ones?) and that should do for now.

The screen is extremely good quality, nice and sharp, no ghosting, crystal clear and has excellent black levels. Havent had any of the blotching Ive seen mentioned elsewhere.

The menu system is pretty easy to navigate, and its a bit of a pain moving icons/bubbles across pages but thats trivial.

All things said I'm very impressed with the system. Went in to pick it up in a bit of a dud mood since I was cancelling my Wii U order. Drove home with it having major second thoughts. Started setting up/updating and was wondering how to justify it but now having played it its a very good quality system and makes excellent first impressions. A shame its not finding anyone in large numbers to play it, because is far more interesting than some other high definition portable gaming systems doing the rounds these days.

Also a bonus that there is very little overlap in library between this and 3DS, meaning owning both is complimentary rather than with HD twins where there is an overlap of something like 80% of the libraries.

Frawdder

I tried to play Victoria II at 10pm.

Unwise.
I loaded that up for the first time in ages, today. I still don't understand what is going on (which is basically my experience with every Paradox grand strategy game anyway).

In other news, my new manager is fucking idiot.

Clipper

Out of curiosity, was there a reason why you ordered a US unit when you could potentially score a Vita for $250 locally?
There were deals to get it with a game and memory card for $250? I didn't think the game bundles were getting that low here yet. In any case, what I've been noticing is that the games in the local bundles are starting to be the downloadable versions. As my PS Plus is US, I will need to have the memory card on US mode thanks to having Uncharted, Final Fantasy Tactics and the rest of the stuff, and that makes any download-only bundled game in the local packages really inconvenient to use.

Oh, I tried that beef jerky and it did nothing for me, not my thing at all. I still have the smoky flavoured packet unopened, and it's all yours when we meet next if you like, Clipper.
I'll have to make sure it's one of the days I'm doing lots of walking as I doubt I'll be able to resist scarfing the lot, but thanks, that'd be really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom