• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I say the more consoles start doing unique things the more people will feel they need more then just one. I guess.

So today is my birthday, 21. Mm,.

Whippersnapper. When I was your age we had to download at 33kbps for 15 miles uphill in both directions.

Happy birthday.

Yagharek

Double post, but has anyone seen the typhoon damage in the Philippines? Its horrific.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-06/an-philippines-typhoon-toll-nears-500/4413488

The Philippines military says the death toll from this week's deadly typhoon now stands at 475.

Typhoon Bopha, also known locally as Pablo, ploughed across Mindanao, flattening whole towns in its 700-kilometre wide path with a deadly blend of hurricane-force winds, floods and landslides, leaving nearly 200,000 homeless.

Rescuers are trying to reach towns isolated by flash floods and landslides during the onslaught of Typhoon Bopha.

They've managed to get into areas cut off by typhoon Bopha in the southern Compostela Valley ,where the coastal town of New Bataan was found in devastation.

Other areas remain isolated - like the towns of Boston, Cateel and Baganga, in nearby Davao province, which authorities say they will try to reach on Thursday.

Body bags have been sent to New Bataan where dead bodies have been placed in sacks or covered merely by banana leaves.

President Benigno Aquino has ordered the release of $US200 million for relief operations, and will visit devastated areas in the next two days.

Jintor

Argh, Far Cry 3 is legit giving me motion sickness. Widening the FOV helped a little, but the motion blur is a huge problem...

Kritz

Banned
I just half-assed a script to center the new youtube layout.

Hl5PY.png

Can get the script here. I've only tested it on fullscreen 1080p, so if you use a different resolution you might not want to use it. Or try it out and promptly remove it.

It's super hacky, but at least it prevents neck pain.

--

My game now has incredibly basic wandering AI now. The AI are the capsules. They walk around and consume bandwidth.

Can get the script here. I've only tested it on fullscreen 1080p, so if you use a different resolution you might not want to use it. Or try it out and promptly remove it.
You could do this, but it doesn't work very well if you use the large view as that resizes to your viewport:

Code:
if (document.getElementById('watch7-video-container')) document.getElementById('watch7-video-container').style.margin = 'auto';
if (document.getElementById('watch7-video-container')) document.getElementById('watch7-video-container').style.width = '960px';
if (document.getElementById('watch7-main-container')) document.getElementById('watch7-main-container').style.margin = 'auto';
if (document.getElementById('watch7-main-container')) document.getElementById('watch7-main-container').style.width = '960px';

Shaneus

I remember when I had to read MODEM reviews in MAGAZINES!

We went with USR

So guys. Apparently my nephews will be on Channel 31 in Melbourne in an ad or something tonight. 6:30pm. No idea in what capacity or exactly when it's showing or whatever, but if you have a TV and can get 31 and aren't doing anything then, you should probably check out how fucking awesome my nephews are.

Also, I just bought an iron.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh wow 24 you're almost dead!

EDIT: I'm so childishly excited for Revengeance.

Shaneus

Oh wow 24 you're almost dead!

EDIT: I'm so childishly excited for Revengeance.
Um... fuck me dead. Platinum = god tier (for managing to get me excited about an MGS title).

Anyone know if that emo cock-rock (with a vocal) is actually a part of the game? Because it was surprisingly well-suited to it and I'd actually be disappointed if it wasn't. Would make an amazing change for the typical orchestrated pieces that usually accompany those sorts of games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Um... fuck me dead. Platinum = god tier (for managing to get me excited about an MGS title).

Anyone know if that emo cock-rock (with a vocal) is actually a part of the game? Because it was surprisingly well-suited to it and I'd actually be disappointed if it wasn't. Would make an amazing change for the typical orchestrated pieces that usually accompany those sorts of games.

That's the in-game soundtrack, built to change based on the stages of boss fights.

Darklord

Banned
So, the 3D kinda sucks arse on the 3DS. Maybe it's my eyes but I can't focus it properly. I'll try and try, finally get it then it breaks a short while after or ghosts a lot. It's annoying. Aside from that Super Mario "3D" land seems pretty good.

There's the neogaf thread, I guess. And here. :p
Oh yeah, the selling thread! I could try that.

Clipper

So, the 3D kinda sucks arse on the 3DS. Maybe it's my eyes but I can't focus it properly. I'll try and try, finally get it then it breaks a short while after or ghosts a lot. It's annoying. Aside from that Super Mario "3D" land seems pretty good.

Sounds like you need to lower the strength of the 3D effect. I tend to prefer leaving the slider at about 3/4 strength as I get similar issues to what you are mentioning at full strength.

death grips tickets acquired!

now to try and get some childish gambino ones...

Nice! I'm still not sure whether I want to just head to the death grips sideshow or go to the BDO. After looking at the timetable it actually works out pretty well and the lineup is pretty decent.

I'm going to Field Day too though so not sure how much moolah I'll have.

Heading to Four Tet tomorrow night after scooping up a ticket for 30 dollaroos!

Shaneus

That's the in-game soundtrack, built to change based on the stages of boss fights.
So it actually changes like that in the boss battles, or that's regular during-level music that's been edited in post to suit the battles?

I know you're not actually being that vague, I just wanted to clarify for sure. If there's tailor-made/edited music that's ripped straight from a Michael Bay movie, that would be so boss.

Rezbit

Sounds like you need to lower the strength of the 3D effect. I tend to prefer leaving the slider at about 3/4 strength as I get similar issues to what you are mentioning at full strength.

I play with 3D off most of the time, but I can crank it up to full with most games. Every now and then it makes me go cross-eyed though. I find about 3/4 is optimal as well, enough to get the cool effect but not too over-powering. Ridge Racer I could only tolerate 3/4, but Mario Kart was fine with full, so I dunno!

hamchan

PS Vita is $198 at EB Games web store as part of their sale on Monday. Don't know if can be bothered to wait for that or just buy their $248 LBP Vita bundle tomorrow in store.

Darklord

Banned

Yeah I turned it down. Still makes my eyes feel funny but it's better when turned to about half. I think it looks nice when my eyes are perfectly adjusted.

PS Vita is $198 at EB Games web store as part of their sale on Monday. Don't know if can be bothered to wait for that or just buy their $248 LBP Vita bundle tomorrow in store.

Wait, Monday sale? Uh oh, 3DS's aren't on sale are they?

Get the LBP bundle since it's a good game and comes with a mem card imo. Unless you really don't care for those kind of games and are planning to buy a bigger card.

hamchan

EatChildren

So it actually changes like that in the boss battles, or that's regular during-level music that's been edited in post to suit the battles?

I know you're not actually being that vague, I just wanted to clarify for sure. If there's tailor-made/edited music that's ripped straight from a Michael Bay movie, that would be so boss.

It's exactly as it is in the trailer, and the demo. The game is littered with rock tracks that are sampled in layers to change based on stages of a boss fight. So yeah, the way the music changes as the boss fight gets more intense is identical to how it works in the main game.

I'm really tempted to get a Vita from these deals but I can only think of getting Wipeout and Gravity Daze. I can get Sonic Racing on Steam when the PC version hits and I have no interest in Uncharted or LBP. Also the fact that Vita's 2013 lineup is still a mystery scares the everliving fuck out of me.

These sales almost feel like a trap.

hamchan

Already bought VLR on 3DS. Feel like buying on Vita again just because I'm afraid of save bugs but that would be rewarding the developers for making a shoddy game.

Yagharek

Hnnng day after I buy it a price drop appears!

Oh well, worked out at $198 for the Vita and $50 for LBP Vita which in hindsight I would have bought anyways.

Not a huge price loss for me anyway, under $20 all said (Lumines too).

$198 is a killer price though, but remember to factor in memory cards.

Other musings on my PSN world today:
1. Subbed to PSN+ for a full 12 months. Cheaper than XBL and Ive already got more out of it.
2. I now have $29.55 in my wallet. Tactics Ogre is $29.95 >.< Oh well, next week.
3. Uncharted Vita is really good.

Yagharek

Get the LBP bundle since it's a good game and comes with a mem card imo. Unless you really don't care for those kind of games and are planning to buy a bigger card.

Be warned: there are TWO LBP Vita bundles.

One is a soft bundle, $248 at EB (JB one has Fifa too) and it is the wifi model and a physical copy of the game(s).

There is a hard bundle which is/was $298 that has LBP as a download voucher code and a 4GB card.

You need to specify which one you want. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom