• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rudely interrupted at work and had to actually do some so I didn't get to the PS3/360 stuff! WOW HD (formerly CD WOW, also part of the holding corporation that also owns Video Ezy but isn't as sleazy as them and states up front what copies of games they are selling are) has free postage this month. They also have 15% off storewide today which means

F25t1.png

Gnuck yuk.

PS3
God of War Ascension for $31.41
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge for $33.11
Deadly Premonition DIRECTORS CUT for $39.06
Persona 4 Arena for $41.61 preorder
House of the Dead OVERKILL for $11.86
Dragons Dogma Dark Darisen (Dernbaum dapproved) for $23.76
Mortal Kombat Komplete Kedition for $23.76

Darksiders 2 for $15.26
Dead Rising 2 FRANK WEST EDITION for $16.11
Asura's Wrath for $18.66
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for $23.76
Fallout New Vegas GOTY EDTION for $23.76
Modern Warfare 3 for $24.61
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge for $33.11
Tomb Raider for $38.21
Persona 4 Arena for $41.61 preorder

House of the Dead OVERKILL for $11.86

The only excuse I am accepting for people not buying this is "I already played the Wii one." Don't have a Move dealy? Tough shit motherfucker, that's a small outlay when you're getting one of the best games of the generation for chump change.

Though considering the price Dickies had for that Mario Kart bundle a week or two back it might be better to just buy a Wii rather than a Move dealy if you don't have either.

George Lazenby? George fucking Lazenby? Good lord Shan, what sort of man are you tangled up with here?

Everyone knows that the correct answer is Dalton.

I was rudely interrupted at work and had to actually do some so I didn't get to the PS3/360 stuff! WOW HD (formerly CD WOW, also part of the holding corporation that also owns Video Ezy but isn't as sleazy as them and states up front what copies of games they are selling are) has free postage this month. They also have 15% off storewide today which means

F25t1.png

Find me a cheap copy of bioshock infinite and injustice on ps3 bargain hunter man!

I remember loving the Moore ones as a kid too. They were family friendly-ish and goofy as fuck so I can understand how a 7 year old thought they were fun.

These online sites should pay Reptile for this.
Nah I don't like the idea of Affiliate links and such. This isn't about profit, this is about getting cheap games!

Some swag would be nice though :)

The only excuse I am accepting for people not buying this is "I already played the Wii one." Don't have a Move dealy? Tough shit motherfucker, that's a small outlay when you're getting one of the best games of the generation for chump change.
See this guy gets it. Such a motherfucking cool game fucking fuck. Works great with Move too. Although the gun shells that came with the Wii edition were super cool too. I assume they are hard to come by now.

Find me a cheap copy of bioshock infinite and injustice on ps3 bargain hunter man!
Infinite is $52.66 regular or OzGameShop has the Premium Edition for $80 in stock which is a shock.

$46.71 for Injustice.

Damn right. Although I will award bonus points for not sticking with the two ridiculous answers in the test :)

Pfft! Dalton is sexier in the years since he was Bond. Connery could swing either way but 60's Connery is pure man perfection.

Brosnan is there just because he is popular.

Abyssmal

Neo Member
No alcohol? That's aby
s
smal.

GUD 1

George Lazenby? George fucking Lazenby? Good lord Shan, what sort of man are you tangled up with here?

One who appreciates real men.

How? The first Moore bond movie I watched had me in shock, I couldn't imagine that he could be Bond. Cringe worthy. :X

I was little when I started watching the bonds, and I thought Moore was the best. Until i grew older and understood all of the terrible puns and how he was creepy pervy old man Bond.

Dead Man

How? The first Moore bond movie I watched had me in shock, I couldn't imagine that he could be Bond. Cringe worthy. :X

See:
I remember loving the Moore ones as a kid too. They were family friendly-ish and goofy as fuck so I can understand how a 7 year old thought they were fun.
The Bond films that were at the cinema when I was a kid were the Moore ones. We didn't have a VCR, so the only Bond I know was Moore, unless a rare TV movie was played in the very small town I lived in.
Pfft! Dalton is sexier in the years since he was Bond. Connery could swing either way but 60's Connery is pure man perfection.

Brosnan is there just because he is popular.

That just proves Daltons superiority. He was godlike then, if he is better now I can only imagine.

One who appreciates real men.

I was little when I started watching the bonds, and I thought Moore was the best. Until i grew older and understood all of the terrible puns and how he was creepy pervy old man Bond.

Alright, you can have Lazenby.

I have no idea how I ended up in here.

Eh... put a shrimp on the barbey, eh?
Brother?

Mate, I'm not good with computer, but you need to go ly dow

isoquant

Steroids at a GPS school

Well I never

Vintage Nudgee.

It's a bit rough to expel the kids for using steroids when you think about the incredible pressure that schools like Nudgee put on their top rugby players (perhaps completely unrelated to this incident, but I suspect not)

Deeku

that nudgee school is also called st josephs:eek: the sydney st josephs is a crazy ruby school too, i remember they always had these massive tongans in their teams

Vintage Nudgee.

It's a bit rough to expel the kids for using steroids when you think about the incredible pressure that schools like Nudgee put on their top rugby players (perhaps completely unrelated to this incident, but I suspect not)
I went to a different GPS school and I know for a fact that several members of the First XV were juicing up in grade 12, one in particular. Without an invasive, expensive and potentially embarrassing random drug testing program at the high school level, however, there's no way to keep these guys clean. With all the glory attached to First XV rugby victory and such a low risk of getting caught, there's a massive incentive to cheat.

I am shocked at people's shock.

The other thing I want to point out is that the school I went to was rugby mad, but the school's glory days, when they would actually win premierships, were all back in the distant past. I'm talking postwar here guys. The team was crap compared to (say) Nudgee and would consistently lose, but they still got all the money, attention and special assemblies while other sports that the school produced professional level talent in were ignored.

But that's the thing, there's so much old money cachet and prestige wrapped up in a First XV GPS premiership that they could never let go of the dream, not even after several decades at the bottom of the ladder. I would have pitied them if the whole team hadn't consisted almost entirely of fuckwits (there were a few exceptions, but not many).

that nudgee school is also called st josephs:eek: the sydney st josephs is a crazy ruby school too, i remember they always had these massive tongans in their teams
There are two GPS schools called St Joseph's. One is Nudgee College, the other is Gregory Terrace. It's confusing all around.

We used to make fun of Brisbane Boys College (BBC) and their anachronistic straw hats (never mind that our own school hats were akubras). I see them sometimes on the train and the sight of their Wind in the Willows hats and green shirts always makes me giggle.

Clipper

There are two GPS schools called St Joseph's. One is Nudgee College, the other is Gregory Terrace. It's confusing all around.
Thanks for that. As a BSHS alumni that was somewhat ignorant of sport (well, I was a coxswain in Grade 8 and played chess in my senior years, but those doesn't really count), I was wondering whether that was the same school when I read about it in the news, but couldn't figure out why I couldn't remember anything about the St. Joseph's bit of the name. It seems that it was just always dropped in any conversation to remove the confusion!

Man, that seems like such a long time ago now. Damn growing up :(.

I went to a different GPS school and I know for a fact that several members of the First XV were juicing up in grade 12, one in particular. Without an invasive, expensive and potentially embarrassing random drug testing program at the high school level, however, there's no way to keep these guys clean. With all the glory attached to First XV rugby victory and such a low risk of getting caught, there's a massive incentive to cheat.

I am shocked at people's shock.

I guess I never went to an all boy's school, but damn, they're still kids. Grade 12 is what? 16-17? It never occurred to me that that kind of thing would be happening at such a young and amateur level. I'm sure that's not great for their growth. And are parents and teachers supplying it? That is all kinds of messed up.

We used to make fun of Brisbane Boys College (BBC) and their anachronistic straw hats (never mind that our own school hats were akubras). I see them sometimes on the train and the sight of their Wind in the Willows hats and green shirts always makes me giggle.
hahaha. Is it true those akubras were "rabbit fur lined"?

Oh man I'm not going to get any work done today am i

I had the exact thought a minute ago when my mother burst in and woke me up with "arggh! We won't have gas until tuesday!!". No gas for my hot breakfast and tea? :mad:

Shaneus

KEEdYYvh.jpg

Mother's cat does not understand what surfaces it's not allowed on. Maybe it is attracted by my terrible, delicious junk food.
I love how in that photo, the cat just looks like another inanimate object sitting on the desk, but is obviously far too big.

However, if you could get her (all cats are female) to wave her front right paw back and forth... good luck with that!

JB Hifi has Star Trek DVD's and Blurays on sale

Of note: Blurays of TOS S1-3 and TNG S1 and 2 are down to $36.98.

Let's put that into context. In the early 90's I bought the VHS versions of The Original Series from Time Life (2 episodes per tape) that was $35 a month for 40 months. It was the only way to see the show at the time in the days before the Web, box sets, cable TV. Importing was not easy to do.

JB Hifi has Star Trek DVD's and Blurays on sale

Of note: Blurays of TOS S1-3 and TNG S1 and 2 are down to $36.98.

Let's put that into context. In the early 90's I bought the VHS versions of The Original Series from Time Life (2 episodes per tape) that was $35 a month for 40 months. It was the only way to see the show at the time in the days before the Web, box sets, cable TV. Importing was not easy to do.

You could have jumped on a boat to the US and watched it there.

Shaneus

Are they actually on sale on sale? Because I saw them yesterday and thought they might've been the everyday price.

BRB, buying First Contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom