• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a few hours to go and I'm OUTTA HERE
to hit the shops and finally get my wife her Xmas thingies, I'm sure she wants a WiiU right

I volunteered to come back to work a week early. What the hell is wrong with me.

Having followed your work for many years, I honestly don't know. I still want to see
Mouse HD with House MD scripts rewritten word for word but with a 1080p mouse with a jahlsberg addiction instead of a pill-popping doctor.
It practically writes itself, apart from the threat of legal action by the actual makers of
House MD.

Get Mrs Zunta that thing your spoiler texted.

Only got the 24th and the public holidays off. Was going to take longer but want to go overseas again next year so thought best to save them up. That and work should be quiet.

Kritz

Banned
Alright, time to see what's got the weeaboos (and Patrick klepic) all excited about this book.

b7Gqpl.jpg

Jintor

It's not that great.
Until it becomes mind-blowingly amazing
. Knowing you as much as I know you, though, I don't know if you'll enjoy it until relatively late in the game.

But as an experience, it's worth having.

hamchan

999 and VLR are both mind blowing video games because, even though they are both visual novels, their stories can only really be effectively told as a video game.

jambo

999 and VLR are both mind blowing video games because, even though they are both visual novels, their stories can only really be effectively told as a video game.

If they're visual novels, shouldn't you say that they are "mind blowing non-games"?

Kritz

Banned
It's not that great.
Until it becomes mind-blowingly amazing
. Knowing you as much as I know you, though, I don't know if you'll enjoy it until relatively late in the game.

But as an experience, it's worth having.

Eh, I can be a wildcard when I want to. I could still like it.

I also bought Asura's Wrath for some fucking reason.

Kritz

Banned
There's more game in 999 than any Telltale "game" really, and those can win GOTY apparently.

If it wasn't for Journey and Walking Dead being my top two games of the year, I probably wouldn't give 999 a look. I figure if I can like two art fart games, maybe I'll like japanese sex novels.

Jintor

Interactive fiction? No fuck it they're games shut up jambo

this game non-game arguement is the most tedious worthless bullshit, it's as bad as are games art

If it wasn't for Journey and Walking Dead being my top two games of the year, I probably wouldn't give 999 a look. I figure if I can like two art fart games, maybe I'll like japanese sex novels.

but you didn't even download katawa shoujo (or even hatoful boyfriend, which I have yet to boot up)

Asura's wrath is a pretty great anime

I should probably watch the youtubed DLC ending

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Girlfriend put True Blood on last night, apart from the breasts that show made my brain hurt.

So stupid.

Jintor

I'm just tired of having this debate

if interactivity, and emotional response is derived from interactivity (not necessarily from system output), then game

otherwise you're just inventing an extra category for no goddamn reason

jambo

I just knew it was a subject that would get AusGAF riled up, so I poked the bear =P

It was funny to see everyone asking me what the definitions for words were or just shouting at me though.

I suppose everyone's just over it.

Fredescu

I'm just tired of having this debate

Maybe, but all you needed to say was:

if interactivity, and emotional response is derived from interactivity (not necessarily from system output), then game

And jambo isn't likely to "debate" that because he's just making fun.

It was funny to see everyone asking me what the definitions for words were or just shouting at me though.

"Everyone" was just reptile and jintor, and reptile was just making fun like you. Sure your troll was successful, but not on the scale you're suggesting!

Definition of game is dependant on what is accepted by society at large. Same with sex with a goat.

I like this one "an interactive, goal-oriented activity, with active agents to play against, in which players (including active agents) can interfere with each other."

Also noone got my Simpson reference. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom