• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

When did I ever mention any scale in regards to my "trollin" levels? When I said "everyone," that was just me being too lazy to go back and check every person who quoted/responded to me.

If omi was here it would probably be better. Damn him for having extra days off!

EDIT: Also now that I think about it, I'd like to change my last answer to reptile from "The first letter in the English alphabet." to
JiMsQm.jpg

Dead Man

God damn it people. It it recreational? Is the outcome or path to the outcome determined in any way by a human interaction? If the answer to both is yes, then it is a game.

Now go sit in the corner.

Fredescu

When did I ever mention any scale in regards to my "trollin" levels? When I said "everyone," that was just me being too lazy to go back and check every person who quoted/responded to me.
"Everyone" is quantitative!

If omi was here it would probably be better. Damn him for having extra days off!
Trolling is always better with Omi around.

So Metro 2033 isn't a game?

NPCs are "active agents".

Fredescu

Chopped liver, reporting.

My quote wasn't serious by the way. Games don't need to have "win states".

Anyone who is embarrassed or telling people to sit in a corner should reread this page assuming 80% of the posts are non serious. And if you're bothered by that, well hell, it's the end of the world and the last day of work.

Dead Man

Anyone who is embarrassed or telling people to sit in a corner should reread this page assuming 80% of the posts are non serious. And if you're bothered by that, well hell, it's the end of the world and the last day of work.

I said, go sit in the corner!!!

I was just playing up to the thread.

jambo

That's actually one of my favourite things about games. I love having a never ending RollerCoaster Tycoon or SimCity level that I just keep going back to, for no reason other than to have the city/park continuously grow with no real goal other than small ones that I set along the way.

God damn it people. It it recreational? Is the outcome or path to the outcome determined in any way by a human interaction? If the answer to both is yes, then it is a game.

Not trying to bring you down and I doubt anyone would get hit for it in this thread, but Evilore has said that the whole "this doesn't need to be discussed" thing is not acceptable on GAF any more. You were joking anyway, so carry on.

A game is an interactive form of media, guys. Stop being so stuck on rules and definitions. As long as it takes more than 10 hours to play through, it should be classified as a game.

jambo

A game is an interactive form of media, guys. Stop being so stuck on rules and definitions. As long as it takes more than 10 hours to play through, it should be classified as a game.

I'm not sure how much of your post is in jest, but I do find it funny that you talk about not using definitions and then post a definition.

Also, Call of Duty =P

I said, go sit in the corner!!!

I was just playing up to the thread.

I'm against a wall, right next to two corners. Does that count?

Danoss

I don't take many peoples posts seriously around here. Of course games don't need to have "win states", unfortunately, many people disagree. I tried to point out one that possibly both sides could agree on, or at least smile when they think about it.

The whole "what is a game?" argument is as endlessly pointless as the "what is art?" argument, which is pretty much the same. Two sides trying to classify things that clearly aren't black and white.

Didn't do anything worthwhile at work this morning, ate gigantic Nando's lunch from 12pm, left work and bought this to prepare me for the break:

IMG_20121221_160634.jpg

Aww yeah.

define:game
A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Huh...

define:play
Engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.

Thanks, Google.

Also noone got my Simpson reference. :(
Never matter.

NPCs are "active agents".
Is that like electrolytes? I hear it's what NPCs crave.

Yagharek

But how else will we stimulate the economy?!?

Tax gina rinehart at 90%

Also, I'm incredibly disappointed that Project Godus got funded. Kickstarter should have been for games with no way to get funding, not for overhyping, hyperbolic hacks like Molyneaux to get free money and no risk. And to think we were so close to the dream of never having him make a game again.

FFS to log into Xbox Live I now need to give Microsoft a second email address or my phone number so they can text me security codes.

Chose text and it has been like 5 minutes and no text. :/

Guess I have to offer up another email address to them again. Sigh. I wonder if this is to cut down on extra accounts people make to get around the region lock?

EDIT: FFS make that THREE email addresses. What the fuck MS?

Also, I'm incredibly disappointed that Project Godus got funded. Kickstarter should have been for games with no way to get funding, not for overhyping, hyperbolic hacks like Molyneaux to get free money and no risk. And to think we were so close to the dream of never having him make a game again.

Eh, he is only taking money from the people who want to give him money at least.

Yagharek

Pretty much.

You read a book, watch a film, listen to music, play a game.

Anyone tying themselves in knots over definitions (looking at both jintor and jambo here) needs a good stiff drink.

FFS to log into Xbox Live I now need to give Microsoft a second email address or my phone number so they can text me security codes.

Chose text and it has been like 5 minutes and no text. :/

Guess I have to offer up another email address to them again. Sigh. I wonder if this is to cut down on extra accounts people make to get around the region lock?

EDIT: FFS make that THREE email addresses. What the fuck MS?

Give them your credit card number, birth certificate, the last six tax returns and your cashcard's PIN. I'm sure they can be trusted with it.

Give them your credit card number, birth certificate, the last six tax returns and your cashcard's PIN. I'm sure they can be trusted with it.

I just want to buy a game in their unadvertised sale for fucks sake!

I can understand having 2 forms of security but it is MORE of a security risk for them to have THREE of my email addresses, if they get hacked those 3 will be linked to my gamertag and subsequently can make it easier for other stuff I have to get hacked :/

Jintor

999 is slow as fuuuuuuck

And I don't mean just the text crawl.

wait until you start getting the other endings! Even with fast forward it'll take you an hour to get back to where you were!

Anyone tying themselves in knots over definitions (looking at both jintor and jambo here) needs a good stiff drink.

I don't argue, I get told to make an argument, I do argue, I get told to loosen up? This is the worst game ever!

I'm not sure how much of your post is in jest, but I do find it funny that you talk about not using definitions and then post a definition.
All of it. I intentionally used a horrendously vague definition, made a point about not using definitions, then gave my own definition which involved a my old faithful trolly point about game length dictating worth. Not one of my most graceful incendiary comments but it gets points for the amount of hypocrisy and stupidity contained.

What if it could be 10 hours but I don't play it for that long?
Then it didn't game enough to meet the criteria. If it games more with you and reaches the minimum hourly requirement it can resubmit itself for reclassification as game.

I don't argue, I get told to make an argument, I do argue, I get told to loosen up? This is the worst game ever!
Wrong; It didn't go on long enough to be considered a game.

Rep: You're lucky. I had to get a statement from the police and federal agencies to verify my identify. This was after several statements from friends, family and workplace references.

Kritz

Banned
God these notes make me look like a crazy person.

And I just spent 10 minutes trying to work out what tune the clock tower in hobart plays thinking that it sounded incredibly similar. Then I LB through some dialogue and realise, oh, alright, that wasn't a meta puzzle. They just tell me it's a clock tone.

Yagharek

God these notes make me look like a crazy person.

And I just spent 10 minutes trying to work out what tune the clock tower in hobart plays thinking that it sounded incredibly similar. Then I LB through some dialogue and realise, oh, alright, that wasn't a meta puzzle. They just tell me it's a clock tone.

Don't you mean the cat and the fiddle?

And then they ban your account if you dont play enough Halo 4 multi.
Close. I actually got banned for playing a DLC Map that they accidentally released early - for free - but then tried to cover it up by saying that it was on purpose as a reward but then accused me of untoward activity by playing multiplayer on it.

Dead Man

That's actually one of my favourite things about games. I love having a never ending RollerCoaster Tycoon or SimCity level that I just keep going back to, for no reason other than to have the city/park continuously grow with no real goal other than small ones that I set along the way.

Not trying to bring you down and I doubt anyone would get hit for it in this thread, but Evilore has said that the whole "this doesn't need to be discussed" thing is not acceptable on GAF any more. You were joking anyway, so carry on.

Even if I had been serious, it was more about a more useful, broad enough definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom