• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, stunning day.
Surprisingly it has been fantastic here too since Friday morning. Went down the beach after work and everything. Seems like it is going to be all clear until Christmas when we will have annoying showers through the day sadly.

Traffic here is mental at the moment too. Damn tourists! Population tripled overnight on Thursday.

Am I the only sucker here who will be working Christmas eve?

I would argue organising Christmas for 25 people is a lot more work than I usually do. And it is costing me hundreds of dollars rather than making me any!

:(

markot

Banned
I pronounce it Less Miserable because im not a frenchy.

Oh, and bethseda pack for $28 bucks and includes Dishonoured, Rage and Raging from dishonour!

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/88708

Website is getting hammered like Jesus on the cross though >_<

Brink complete pack
Dishonored
Doom 3 BFG edition
Fallout 3: goty
Fallout new Vegas - ultimate edition
Hunted the demons forge
Rage
Rogue warrior
Elder scrolls 3: morrowind goty
Elder scrolls 4: oblivion goty deluxe
Elder scrolls 5: skyrim

You will have to put up with Rogue Warrior in your steam list though.... hmmm... now im having second thoughts...

Apparently seperate keys too, so who wants Rogue Warrior and the critic acclaimed hunted?!

War in the North is $3.50 at GMG
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Also with that Bethesda Pack deal try using the code IAMANELDERGEEK for another $1.50 off. Here is a link that puts the bundle directly into your cart to try and help get through the traffic.

Apparently separate keys too, so who wants Rogue Warrior and the critic acclaimed hunted?!

Sure! I don't have Skyrim or Doom 3 BFG either.

I assume you have reptilescorpio in your friends list?

Shaneus

Any ad with Slater is bad, but yeah, that one is woeful.
Have you thought about getting a Fujitsplasmvijn from Mark Taylor? I almost miss those ads.

I played Persona 4 until 4:30 in the morning

I couldn't help it...
I played the Star Trek Next Gen pinball table on my iPad until 2am. Fuck it, I'm on holidays.
Fucking hell, that's a great table. I don't think I want to buy any other one IRL at all now, I must have that one.

Surprisingly it has been fantastic here too since Friday morning. Went down the beach after work and everything. Seems like it is going to be all clear until Christmas when we will have annoying showers through the day sadly.

Traffic here is mental at the moment too. Damn tourists! Population tripled overnight on Thursday.
Where is ya?

In fact, all I want is dishonoured... maybe rage. The rest I have or am not interested in!
If Skyrim and Doom 3 BFG are separate keys, would you be interested in palming them off as well?

MSY has a bad reputation for customer service, at least they have low low prices to balance it out! Fred will point you in the direction of a good PC parts place in your area.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MSY has a bad reputation for customer service, at least they have low low prices to balance it out! Fred will point you in the direction of a good PC parts place in your area.

the mitcham store in melb has recently had a huge makeover, much much friendlier.

i suspect the guy that manages it is fairly high up in the msy chain, i've seen him there making the PDF's for the main site before.

Yeah I had a great transaction with the MSY store in Geelong about a year ago but I have heard plenty of horror stories from other stores, along with their whole warranty avoidance stuff in the past.

Dat Amazon sale over the holidays.
Batman Arkham Ass/City (GOTY) bundle for $10
Scribblenauts Unlimited for $7.50
LEGO LotR for $7.50
FEAR1/2/3 bundle for $10
THPS HD for $5
NBA 2K13 for $15
Football Manager 2013 for $20
Hitman Absolution for $20 (live right now)

Kritz

Banned
Anyone here ever had trouble updating the 3DS?

It connects to my wifi. The connection test works. My router firewall is off. I have manually set the DNS on the device as per this troubleshooter. I have in the past used this 3DS to play online in SSF4 on this wifi connection. The device has a clear line of site to my router. The thing gets about 3-5% through updating and fails each time. I have tested approximately 20 times. There is no error code.

I hate handhelds.

Shaneus

Reptilescorpio already asked for those 2 games!
I didn't notice that... I just saw that he wanted Hunted and Rogue Warrior. Besides, Reptile already took my copy of Gunstringer from someone else :(

I'm just trying to make him feel guilty, I really don't care if they go to another home ;)

Kritz

Banned
No. Tried connecting it to your phone via a hotspot? See if that helps if you dont have access to another network. If that fails, ringtendo.

I did try but I didn't delete the other connection on the device. So I'll do it now with the phone as the only possible connection.

I won't bother calling anyone because if nintendo don't want me looking at their eshop then they can fuck right off.

Kritz

Banned
If you call not being able to connect to WPA2 when WPA2 is an option in the 3DS network setup and my router is set up for WPA2 a Kritz problem, sure.

Also, what other device in 2012 actually asks for for security settings anyway. Doesn't every other device just work it out itself.

Yagharek

You might have read the manual. Just saying. Or google. Google is helpful with connections.

My 3DS just worked though, as did my Vita and PS3 and Wii and 360S when I had one. I think you just like setting up weird networks.

Kritz

Banned
You might have read the manual. Just saying. Or google. Google is helpful with connections.

My 3DS just worked though, as did my Vita and PS3 and Wii and 360S when I had one. I think you just like setting up weird networks.

I didn't wave through the last 10 pages of the nintendo support forum and the whirlpool DS forum for fun. Nor pulling out nintendo's own troubleshooting guide I linked. Nor coming here for help. Nor AusGAF chat.

And I did expect an option in the network setup on the device to actually work. Or to give some reason to why it hadn't.

But, sure, Kritz problem.

senahorse

If you call not being able to connect to WPA2 when WPA2 is an option in the 3DS network setup and my router is set up for WPA2 a Kritz problem, sure.

Also, what other device in 2012 actually asks for for security settings anyway. Doesn't every other device just work it out itself.

It's Nintendo man, they won't support current wireless encryption standards until at least the next console handheld, always irked me.

edit: oh it's only DS games that support WEP only, kind of funny it's dependant on the game type

Kritz

Banned
It's Nintendo man, they won't support current wireless encryption standards until at least the next console handheld, always irked me.

Especially when the network test successfully connected to the router and to the internet, and especially when it managed to download like 5% of the update until failing. Here's the manual. Nothing relevant to my problem. A single troubleshooting tip about wifi that isn't relevant to me, and a single mention of WPA2 being supported (both TKIP and AES).

EDIT: Amazingly I set it back to WPA2 and now after the update it's working fine. For reference, this was a launch 3DS. Wish I had more test subjects for this. Xenos just tested his post-launch 3ds with WPA2 and it worked fine.

Kritz, just a suggestion if the security protocol isn't totally to blame for your issues...

I had a similar problem with my original iPad. It would just have issues with the home network. guess what. the router couldn't handle so many devices. one new Billion router later and I have more devices connected all working fine than I could ever conceivably find a use for.

Try it on some other network, or on your own network, try turning everything connected to the router off, power cycle the router and turn on the 3DS first. If the 3DS gets on the network then your router can't handle so many signals. A router with QoS might help
Not saying buying a new router will fix your issues, just that it fixed mine

Kritz

Banned
Kritz, just a suggestion if the security protocol isn't totally to blame for your issues...

I had a similar problem with my original iPad. It would just have issues with the home network. guess what. the router couldn't handle so many devices. one new Billion router later and I have more devices connected all working fine than I could ever conceivably find a use for.

Try it on some other network, or on your own network, try turning everything connected to the router off, power cycle the router and turn on the 3DS first. If the 3DS gets on the network then your router can't handle so many signals. A router with QoS might help
Not saying buying a new router will fix your issues, just that it fixed mine

At the moment there's only about four devices connected to it, three of them wifi, one of them the 3DS. It's handled loads upwards of six devices before, between my Xbox, PS3, bluray player (for some reason), PC, two laptops, two ipads as well as an assortment of phones. Except for the PC and Xbox, all of those were going off wireless. But, after a system update, the thing's going fine. I connected to the eshop and the browser and watched a trailer and it all went fine. This was after changing the setting back to WPA2 AES. Between it not working, and it working, the only thing I changed was the system update. The router itself gets rebooted regularly due to the bi-monthly dropout.

I had it update over my phone, as suggested, which (as said) I did try previously but didn't delete the old connection and simply added another one, thinking it'd work out that one connection didn't work so it might try the other. I'm not really sure how you tell it what connection to use when you have multiple set up. I also tried, of course, deleting the connection and recreating it, both using the automatic settings and also using manual settings, which included the nintendo troubleshooting stuff. So, I don't fucking know. Maybe launch 3DSs sucked ass. Maybe there was an incompatibility with my dlink router's WPA2 AES setting and the 3DS's WPA AES setting that has since been fixed by a system update. I did actually try tuning on/off my router's QOS setting with no result either way. The router itself is somewhere between 4-5 years old. The 3DS is less than two. I have no idea.

Also eshop games are expensive I ain't buying any of that.

Also eshop games are expensive I ain't buying any of that.

stTNGclap_original.gif

Yagharek

Some eShop games are overpriced just because we are in Australia. Others are still cheap even despite being AUD because you get heaps out of the games.

I would strongly suggest Pushmo/Crashmo, Starship Patrol and warioware spinoffs Pyoro and Paper Plane as great value.

Retail games you are better off buying at retail because imports from Europe.

Yagharek

Incidentally, after some time with both, I'm happy to declare that the next gen console experience is already here and it is 3DS/Vita combo. Both systems complement each other nicely ('Good day to you sir/Did you enjoy Monster Hunter 3/Indeed I did, great work on Wipeout by the way') and have more than enough reasons to exist side by side.

The bar for functionality, and ease of user experience has been lifted high, and it will be interesting if any of Wii U/Orbis/Durango are up to the task.

Kritz

Banned
Okay. So Fallblox costs $10.40. Yet, I can only add funds in lots of $10? Meaning I have to pay $20 because of fucking forty cents difference?

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I should read buttons. That is a Kritz problem.

Yagharek

Okay. So Fallblox costs $10.40. Yet, I can only add funds in lots of $10? Meaning I have to pay $20 because of fucking forty cents difference?

Am I missing something?

At this stage, Fallblox.

But yeah, you need to add money in $10 or $20 blocks and use the remainder elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom