• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Exactly. He's got major problems. I can count the number of people who don't want to see giant robots fight giant aliens on one hand. One finger actually. Him.

jambo

Wow my Swannies avatar looks horrible with the dark theme.

And your swannies avatar was already looking so horrible after the weekend =P

29fZEZY.jpg

Stackboy

Saw a preview for it before World War Z and my mate who was there thought it looked really shit. I don't think I can be friends with him anymore. I mean I was best man at his wedding but this is bigger than that. He apparently has no interest in being entertained.

How was World War Z?

I still need to get on Guacamelee too.

legend166

We played worse than my avatar looks.

Also, wow @ Mickey Arthur. Wasn't expecting that.

Cricket Australia needs a clean out from the top. Sutherland is a hack.

How was World War Z?

I still need to get on Guacamelee too.

It was pretty good. No where near as good as the book, a lot of differences. That didn't worry me much though, the book would be nigh on impossible to film. Gbe opening 30 minutes is brilliant zombie tension. And the epic zombie scenes are pretty cool. Nit as big a part of the movie as the trailers made it look. I enjoyed it though.

3.5 Fallbacks

Danoss

I just finished reading Let the Right One In this morning. Those minor frustrations I had early on in the book with the conversations were worth pushing through, it really paid off.

I've read some great vampire stories (not a spoiler, it's in the blurb) in the past, but I think this one nailed just about every aspect of it. While some writers have pushed for the horror aspect and others have relied on the romance and love to tell their story, this one has struck the perfect balance. The people who enjoyed Twilight still won't like it, because the romantic aspect just isn't in that vein, but what is there is just wonderful. There's a lot to like about this novel.

And your swannies avatar was already looking so horrible after the weekend =P

29fZEZY.jpg
JAMBOPATENTEDBURNSAUCE.GIF

:)

It was pretty good. No where near as good as the book, a lot of differences. That didn't worry me much though, the book would be nigh on impossible to film. Gbe opening 30 minutes is brilliant zombie tension. And the epic zombie scenes are pretty cool. Nit as big a part of the movie as the trailers made it look. I enjoyed it though.

3.5 Fallbacks
They said that about LotR!

All they need is Neill Blomkamp and huge budget on HBO.

I just finished reading Let the Right One In this morning. Those minor frustrations I had early on in the book with the conversations were worth pushing through, it really paid off.

I've read some great vampire stories (not a spoiler, it's in the blurb) in the past, but I think this one nailed just about every aspect of it. While some writers have pushed for the horror aspect and others have relied on the romance and love to tell their story, this one has struck the perfect balance. The people who enjoyed Twilight still won't like it, because the romantic aspect just isn't in that vein, but what is there is just wonderful. There's a lot to like about this novel.
You need to watch the movie. YOU NEED TO .

The demo, that has absolutely no pre-rendering, post production or video inserts, represents only the first iteration of Quantic Dream’s development cycle for the PS4, and while it runs between 30 and 90 fps (the frame rate wasn’t optimized yet), it does so at native 1080p resolution, textures included.

It only uses four of the eight gigabytes of GDRR5 RAM under the hood of the PS4.
Next gen is going to look and run amazing

I have it and the Americanised version (Let Me In) ready to go. Was just finishing lunch and am about to fire up the Swedish version in the next few minutes.
Both are pretty amazing, one of the few American remakes that are worth watching!

The new light theme + the fixer = I really really like the new theme. I feel like we have an identity now and aren't just a rehash of a vBulletin theme.
Yeah happy with it now.

On the work PC and I don't have the fix extension installed so it looks pretty shit, have to run Dark Theme so I can actually read the fecking text. Will have to find the extension again.

They said that about LotR!

All they need is Neill Blomkamp and huge budget on HBO.[/URL]

A WWZ HBO show/mini-series could be incredible. An episode on each of the characters in the book? Potentially awesome. And an answer to Walking Dead.

Off topic of normal AusGAF discussions, video games. Where should I preorder PS4/X1 from? Should I preorder? I probably shouldn't should i?

Omikron

A WWZ HBO show/mini-series could be incredible. An episode on each of the characters in the book? Potentially awesome. And an answer to Walking Dead.

Off topic of normal AusGAF discussions, video games. Where should I preorder PS4/X1 from? Should I preorder? I probably shouldn't should i?

I suggest just getting a Personal Computer.

hamchan

Alrighty, Animal Crossing 3DS arrived today. Time to make big moneys and talk to weird animal things.

Friend Code is 1504-5726-2961

The first reward from Club Nintendo also arrived. It's a notebook with a Boo on it saying "Boo! I'm a ghost".

Gazunta

Dear God I am missing Live Thread Update. Aaaaagh. Hitting refresh like A SUCKER.

This weekend I wrote and drew a six page comic about cheating death to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Take THAT, people with lives!

Danoss

Both are pretty amazing, one of the few American remakes that are worth watching!

I've heard that, looking forward to it. Done with some distractions, I'll sit down to watch it now.

FX are making a series based on The Strain novel trilogy created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I've only read the first novel, but I quite liked it. It's about vampires instead of zombies, but at least they're the violent as hell kind and not cuddly or sexy in the slightest. It is Guillermo del Toro after all.

John Hurt is confirmed to be in it. That alone is excellent news.

I've heard that, looking forward to it. Done with some distractions, I'll sit down to watch it now.

FX are making a series based on The Strain novel trilogy created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I've only read the first novel, but I quite liked it. It's about vampires instead of zombies, but at least they're the violent as hell kind and not cuddly or sexy in the slightest. It is Guillermo del Toro after all.

Just read the wikipedia plot intro. Sounds awesome. I'm on board FX

Fredescu

Virtue's Last Reward is supposed to be pretty good right? Is it ok if you're not generally an anime fan? Wow HD has it for $22. Tossing up between that and pre ordering the new Mario and Luigi RPG for $37.

Fredescu

I will definitely buy Mario and Luigi eventually, but pre ordering seems a bit excessive. VLR is cheaper, out already, but an unknown quantity.

lexi

Banned
Virtue's Last Reward is supposed to be pretty good right? Is it ok if you're not generally an anime fan? Wow HD has it for $22. Tossing up between that and pre ordering the new Mario and Luigi RPG for $37.

Was free on AU PS+ earlier this year and is free on US PS+ this month.

I know you're talking about the 3DS version but I DON'T CARE.

Sonic Generations steamkey for $7.50, DLC is 39c

Do you need to have one during launch week? Probably yes to pre-order.

Can you wait a few weeks after launch or until the first price drop?
Can you wait until you can list 10 games that you NEED to play that you can't get on your other consoles/devices?

I won't be pre-ordering despite my desperation for shiny new thing :(

They should put soundtrack OSTs up on Club Nintendo.

Srsly.
That would be too popular and would cost them money unlike the current scheme which costs fuck all to them.

I've got one. PC gaming just isn't my jam anymore. I don't know what it is, but I'm not the pluckish young kid who grew up on Baldur's Gate and Quake
I know a lot of people who were huge PC gamers back in the day but once they get a desk job they can't stand looking at a monitor once they get home from work. I went through a similar phase and tbh it still leads to me spending the vast majority of my time gaming on a 360 rather than my very capable PC.

Fucking work. Gives me all this disposable income but fuck it. I should be allowed to sit at home all day eating Chinese takeout and playing DOTA!

First Archer, now this awesome sounding show? I love FX! Especially if they show re-runs of that old 90's TV show FX which was about people in the FX industry solving crimes or some shit. That was awesome.

Colby Nolan story has always been awesome and depressing at the same time. You just know those fucks are out there still scamming people.

Hurry up and buy a Vita then stupid head, Hotline Miami is out this week!

lexi

Banned
Sonic Generations steamkey for $7.50, DLC is 39c

Sold! Is this game any good? Yeah I buy games before I know whether they're any good, wanna fight about it?

I know a lot of people who were huge PC gamers back in the day but once they get a desk job they can't stand looking at a monitor once they get home from work. I went through a similar phase and tbh it still leads to me spending the vast majority of my time gaming on a 360 rather than my very capable PC.

I kinda have to agree with this, but rather than subject myself to consoles, I use Steam Big Picture mode pretty much exclusively. I get the 'comfy couch' experience with none of the negatives of console gaming and all of the positives of PC gaming. #sogood

Deeku

vlr is like a sequel though, so maybe get 999 first (ds game) in case you end up liking the series. might be able to get it for less than 22 bucks too.

also i woudl say that it's not very anime-y, but it's text heavy..being a visual novel game and all.

Actually wait until this is out for the PS4 at the start of next year

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Waiting for the Fairy Solitaire port (plus I reckon my wife would kill me dead).
Heh, wouldn't be surprised if Sony have asked them to do a port the rate they have been going.

Sold! Is this game any good? Yeah I buy games before I know whether they're any good, wanna fight about it?
Yeah I loved it. Best of the new Sonic stuff as well as some fun throwback gameplay with the classic levels, they did a great job with it.

Sonic Colours was awesome too. Looking forward to the WiiU exclusive one! Gives me something to fucking play on the WiiU! lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone want to swap a saturday pax pass for a Friday???

(meaning I have a Friday.... there's an esports panel on Saturday I would like to go to :()

Top Bottom