• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Well shit if cupcakes are involved I am definitely keen

Sony India boss confirms 2013 launch for PS4 in India, and that too being a month later than EU launch.

November rumors looking good!!!

Also important
Recent rumours have suggested that the PS4 could release on 13th November in Europe, so we could see the console on Indian store shelves by mid-December. That should give the PS4 a massive advantage over the Xbox One, which will only arrive in India officially by late 2014.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The rules are forever changing. I do believe that the 30% rebate is being means tested (fair enough too I might add) and once you hit 30 (I think) and you don't have it, gets more expensive to take it out.

Well shit, I'm 29. Guess I should go and get it.

Also need to have a colonoscopy, so why not get some private thingy.

Gazunta

Nothing worse than a public colonoscopy.

Rep, I'll PM you later today, thanks!
Don't expect anything as good as a cupcake

Shaneus

Lol. I wonder if it's reopenede yet.
I went to a rave there once. Being well before I started "partying", my one joy was finding solace in some of the old arcade machines there. They had a Galaga cocktail that the lid wasn't secured on so I was lifting it up and giving myself free credits... until an unhappy security guard saw me tinkering with it and pushed down on the glass top with my hand caught. Bastard :(

PS. Gaz, definitely in for any kind of alpha you may want to test. Especially if it involves any kind of flower hats or political puppies.

markot

Banned
Pshaw.

If you like broad comedy, tune into 2.5 men, then I guess I can see how you would miss mine. His one even came with a laugh track.

markot

Banned
Your joke implied that there's nothing the Xbone can do that a midrange PC can't do already. Rahk's truthfact is that there were no real Xbones at E3 so there may not be any at PAX.

I dont come to where you work and make fun of you! Go heckle someone else! dont make me go Kramer on you!

Kritz

Banned
the real next gen fight is about which controller is going to be better on my PC for third person action / racing / fighting games.

If both controllers have the level of support that the 360 one had, I'll be all over the two of them.

jambo

The only way for the DS4 to become popular on PC is if Sony officially support it with "for Windows" models and proper drivers and software.

I honestly don't think they can be bothered.

Jaxter09

Ok so continuing on from my previous post, Quickflix looks to be hot garbage on the PS3. Limited selection, SD only, certain content missing on PS3.

Missus wanted to know about Netflix on PS3 and I know that a few people do it here so what do I have to in regards to DSN/VPN shit and PSN/Netflix accounts?
Unblock.us and you are good to go. I've been using it for the last month and it has worked flawlessly so far on PS3, streaming SuperHD (lol). You need to make a US account to download the Netflix app; but you can access it from your regular account.

Procrastination is a strange beast; I've got 2 exams this week and yet here I am

Sony India boss confirms 2013 launch for PS4 in India, and that too being a month later than EU launch.

November rumors looking good!!!

To be fair, he actually said this:
Atindriya Bose said:
It will be matched with the European launch; give or take a bit to account for Indian logistics. The consoles have to be shipped in advance and currently all consoles also require certification for the India market. In terms of targeting, we’re looking to synchronise with the European launch. That’s this year.
Atindriya Bose said:
Once we know the European date for PS4, we will work towards that, but there will be some gap, depending on the logistics.
When he said "That's this year", it looks like he was referring to the European launch rather than the Indian one.

When the article talks about the November date it's just referring to the reseller placeholder dates again :(

Well shit, I'm 29. Guess I should go and get it.

Also need to have a colonoscopy, so why not get some private thingy.
Shit. I need to do that soon too.

Also I didn't think you were 29! Could easily pass for 21.

For anyone who used to use the NeoGAF User Highlighter extension, someone has released an updated one for the new 2013 format

http://userstyles.org/styles/89580/neogaf-2013-user-highlighter?r=1372114060
GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR YOU ARE

So the Xbox One is going be presented at PAX 2013 http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/schedule/category/main-a... but will it be playable?!
Yes. Why else would they turn up? At the very least Killer Instinct will be playable.

THE LIENS WILL BE FUCKING OUT INTO THE YARRA THOUGH SO PFTTTFTTTTT ILL PLAY IT NEXT YEAR

Hey rep, does this apply to us? I can't see xbox.com at work.
Yes. Yes it does. Has for a full 7 days now.

You guys don't trawl XBLDB every Tuesday morning?

That sale I expect will end soon (I bet the dates are up on Major Nelson but he is a douche so I can't be arsed checking) as the new one has started.

GOLD exclusive sadly.

Perfect Dark for 400 allards
Sine Mora for 600 allards
Fire Pro Wrestling for 400 allards
Spelunky for 600 allards
Fruit Ninja Kinect for 400 allards (I need more DLC Rlan!)

the real next gen fight is about which controller is going to be better on my PC for third person action / racing / fighting games.

If both controllers have the level of support that the 360 one had, I'll be all over the two of them.
Both will be supported like this generation, always comes down to stick placement preference.

Rabbi, is it right to buy a Vita?

Of course my mensch! You would be meshugge to ignore such a high quality lineup full of variety! All that gaming on the go, how could you say no! Take your shekel down to the local Electronic Boutique and barter that gentile down down down for your L'chaim!

Sony supported the DS3 on PC this gen? I thought it was all 3rd party drivers and software powering it on PC.

Hey I said supported, not who supported it ;)

I doubt Sony will block people from getting DS4 up and running on the PC, otherwise they would have done it with the DS3.

Fredescu

It took years for the DS3 to get decent working drivers though. It's not a matter of blocking but of effort. Microsoft actually released a PC dongle and drivers for the 360 controller so it worked day 1. He's right that Sony are pretty unlikely to bother with that. MS mightn't even bother either. I wish Valve would hurry up with their controller.

jambo

Hey I said supported, not who supported it ;)

I doubt Sony will block people from getting DS4 up and running on the PC, otherwise they would have done it with the DS3.

It took ages for people to get basic stuff working with the DS3.

How long do you think it will take to get a fucking touch sensitive pad working?!

Fredescu

MWave have a GTX770 for $420!

They have The Last of Us for $69, and Animal Crossing for $49 with free shipping too. That's pretty much the same as Ozgameshop, but local stock.

Omikron

Joined up to Melb Museum for $70 for the family. Not bad when they have a complimentary ticket incl to see the latest exhibition they are running.

jambo

Kritz:

qXDUZTc.jpg

Also important

Yes, that's for xbone, delayed launch in India by almost a year.

To be fair, he actually said this:

When he said "That's this year", it looks like he was referring to the European launch rather than the Indian one.

When the article talks about the November date it's just referring to the reseller placeholder dates again :(

Watch the full video interview, they have promised a local price by Gamescom and taking pre-orders for this year.

I have fingers crossed for mid-Nov. :)

So the Xbox One is going be presented at PAX 2013 http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/schedule/category/main-a... but will it be playable?!

All the info says presentation only, I say what's the point showing off a VCR? Most of their TV services don't work in AU. Are they just going to show the same game demos we've seen at E3?

Top Bottom