• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Deeku

whoooa that's weird....so playasia does like regional pricing or something D:

Shows up as $35 here. Is there a way to trick it into thinking I'm you?
doesn't seem like it, when i change my address back to au the price reverts to 35...what an odd thing to do!

whoooa that's weird....so playasia does like regional pricing or something D:

doesn't seem like it, when i change my address back to au the price reverts to 35...what an odd thing to do!

Aren't you in Play Asia land? Kinda makes sense it would be cheaper over there in order to compete with local prices as well as the lower postage cost.

I kind of hate it but I feel obligated to run it to learn it. The main problems are interface related. There is some really stupid shit like hidden UI elements and a bunch of stuff that needs more clicks than before. If you don't mind doing everything by keyboard it's ok. I've had no technical problems with it though, across many systems, so it's been good from that perspective.

Keyboard is fine with me. I'm also of the mindset once its running fine I won't mess with it again.

Main issue if I had it would be no support for BF4 beta.

That's unfortunate. Are they going to patch it or something sometime soon?

Aaron carter's only 25? I thought he was much older than that.

If it was anything better then awful I would have been shocked. I take it since you had time to look for a park everything's alright? Unless the ambulance couldn't find one, which could have very well happened mind you.
Nah, I was just tired. Boyfriend's teenage brother got into some trouble down there and we had to pick him up. Ended up parking in the emergency pick up roundabout. They seriously need to fix that, I'm not kidding about the no parking at all thing. There was a tiny doctor's only carpark that was full and an ambulance zone, with no parking zones for miles around.

Alrighty, Animal Crossing 3DS arrived today. Time to make big moneys and talk to weird animal things.

Friend Code is 1504-5726-2961

Added you :D 2809-8214-1322

jambo

yufPwMK.jpg

Tonight!

Rahk

vlr is like a sequel though, so maybe get 999 first (ds game) in case you end up liking the series. might be able to get it for less than 22 bucks too.

also i woudl say that it's not very anime-y, but it's text heavy..being a visual novel game and all.
It's kind of anime-y in that it has half naked girls with no explanation and some of the story stuff is a bit out there. It is fairly light on typical anime tropes though. VLR kicks it up a notch in all aspects, so you are probably better off playing 999 first if possible.

I'll be interested to see if Fred ends up enjoying it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fred will hate it since I got annoyed and bored at it.

Also thanks for the new paper weight fred! Can't wait to use it to weigh down my tax payments.

Kritz

Banned
Seems a bit harder to find. Does VLR assume a lot of 999 knowledge?

No, but 999 is the better game so you might as well do it first. And there are a couple of good "oh shit" moments that won't be as impacting without info from 999. Though in 999 you're forced to repeat exactly the same puzzles over and over again with very few shortcuts placed within.

hamchan

It's pretty crazy you can stack fruit to save space in the backpack, in Animal Crossing, but the game doesn't do it automatically or even tell you I think.

I am down for PS2 (first time playing) or L4D2 (likely first time playing that particular campaign) tonight. KEEEN.

Also the bot may officially have free hosting thanks to Heroku. I'm just testing it out currently because it may sleep if it isn't being used for roughly 1 hour but it might be just fine. If it's still up by tomorrow then hooray!

For the record, the site to check if the bot is up is at: https://ausgaf.herokuapp.com/

It's pretty crazy you can stack fruit to save space in the backpack, in Animal Crossing, but the game doesn't do it automatically or even tell you I think.

I wish it did. Picking fruit, stopping to stack, then picking more fruit is kind of annoying particularly when you're running out of space.

jambo

Anyone have any experience with Quickflix on PS3? Missus got the free 14 day trial but the selection looks really limited on PS3 in comparison to PC streaming.

jambo

Ok so continuing on from my previous post, Quickflix looks to be hot garbage on the PS3. Limited selection, SD only, certain content missing on PS3.

Missus wanted to know about Netflix on PS3 and I know that a few people do it here so what do I have to in regards to DSN/VPN shit and PSN/Netflix accounts?

Ok so continuing on from my previous post, Quickflix looks to be hot garbage on the PS3. Limited selection, SD only, certain content missing on PS3.

Missus wanted to know about Netflix on PS3 and I know that a few people do it here so what do I have to in regards to DSN/VPN shit and PSN/Netflix accounts?

I don't know about the PS3 side of it but I know Legend uses unblock-us: http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291530. Costs $5/mo

Looks like the Twitter bot is back up and running.

* Tests indicate it may not properly be back up and running (one successful post and one not-quite-successful one from testing), I'll give it a few more days and see what it does.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is private health cover changing in July or something? Seem to be a few people at work looking into it right now.

Wonder if I should as well.

Omikron

Is private health cover changing in July or something? Seem to be a few people at work looking into it right now.

Wonder if I should as well.

The rules are forever changing. I do believe that the 30% rebate is being means tested (fair enough too I might add) and once you hit 30 (I think) and you don't have it, gets more expensive to take it out.

Gazunta

It changes every July.

Hey can I get a couple of volunteers to Alpha-test something I'm working on? Nothing fancy, just want to have it up and running in time for PAX.

Top Bottom