• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Got my third election phone poll in 3 weeks last night. This time I was a 19 year old girl intent on voting for Clive Palmer's party. Sadly they only let me choose from Labor/Lib/green/Other. Not sure why they are obsessed with us, living in a safe Labor seat and all.

New Cricket game has been pushed back to next Ashes series, which happens to coincide with NEW GAMES CONSOLES SEASON so good luck with that. Not confident about the game at this point given the last title as well as the fact they need to delay it.

Big Ant Studios seem to be doing well though, new AFL game has awesome sounding cheevos which will at the very least get a rental out of me! (Note: Spoilers in there!)

GTA4 is 600 allards this week on Xbox GoD GOLD ONLY

Man I love that it makes a cryptic point about the fact that it's hard for us to really experientially know what's going on in the economy because we're just one person.
As someone who likes to be informed properly as much as possible it makes me a sad panda :(

A vote for Palmer is a vote for Dinosaurs. I can see where she's coming from.
PeppaPig_Episode-lost-dinosaur.png

There is no need for new cricket games anyway. International Cricket for NES is still entirely serviceable.

*Gold only

Warnie 99 is still the top dog. So much fun. New titles try to replicate that while trying to bring in more realistic stuff. Just doesn't work.

Also sorry for that, always forget the damn Gold deal :/

Danoss

I have, as of this morning, signed up for 13th Age Organised Play, which has been dubbed 'Tales of the 13th Age'. The first series, Crown of the Lich King, contains six adventures that I'll hopefully receive soon to have a look over. Whether this is a wise move as a first time GM, I don't know and will soon find out. If I pull my finger out, I might be able to make this happen for AusGAF if there is some interest there. Now the hard-copy of the core book is in my hot little hands, I can have a thorough read through as reading through PDFs is not my preferred way to do so.

I'm well aware I've been saying this for some time now and that anything hinting at such a thing surely seems rather hollow and meaningless. I have been making an effort to bring this about, but present events at home, which I won't go into, are making things rather difficult. Progress, however little, has been made and I hope it does eventuate in something soon, before interest completely wanes.

Stackboy

Does anyone else believe that Phil Fish is not actually going away and is just making a song and dance and then BAM HAY GUYS FEZ 2 IS STILL A THING!?

Seems like a big overreaction and him just trolling.

Danoss, I think it was you that suggested Games Empire. I put my order in for Space Alert on Sunday and it was shipped today. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

Fredescu

Does anyone else believe that Phil Fish is not actually going away and is just making a song and dance and then BAM HAY GUYS FEZ 2 IS STILL A THING!?

Didn't Notch suggest that to him? Someone did. That if he's sick of the constant attention, he should pretend he's not making games anymore, until he's made another one. I saw that on Twitter a day or two prior to him announcing the cancellation of Fez 2.

Danoss

Danoss, I think it was you that suggested Games Empire. I put my order in for Space Alert on Sunday and it was shipped today. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

It was indeed. Today is the first day they open since Sunday, so that would be right. It is sent via eParcel Post and I'm only about 15 mins drive from there and delivery is next day without fail. I would assume a Thursday delivery if you're in Melbourne metro as I think you are (my memory is failing me on your city of residence).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Target & EB have OG 3ds with game for under $200. XL is a bit harder, the Amazon deal a while back is still the best I've seen.

Dud you end up sending back that second XL Fred?

Cheers, kmart has them cheap too I think. Friend wants one, and u get a free game from nintendo with a non xl

Omikron

LNP been watching Frontline (or not?) recently?

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...mpany-that-provides-tents-20130730-2qws3.html

A logistics company that stands to profit from the Coalition's "tent city" on Nauru funded the trip of its immigration spokesman Scott Morrison and a journalist and photographer from News Corporation to the remote island to announce the plan.

The trip to Nauru was facilitated by Toll Holdings, which has multimillion-dollar contracts already to help handle asylum seekers and is eager for more business in the area.

Other news outlets were not invited to travel with Mr Morrison, leading to News Corporation's newspapers reporting an “exclusive” story that the Coalition would set up a “tent city” on Nauru to house at least 2000 asylum seekers.

It is understood Toll Holdings chartered the flight for the Coalition and News Corporation.

Ventron

I predict a Meeru situation where Choc makes dozens of alts. It will get more obvious with each new account.

I still can't believe people thought I was in on it and I ratted. I didn't know it was Choc, I didn't even do any "internet detective" (lol) work.

When your alt is so obvious that I posted a comparison to Choc as a joke, you stuffed up. Next time, don't waste your alt making a dozen concurrent posts raging at the LNP.

markot

Banned
I still can't believe people thought I was in on it and I ratted. I didn't know it was Choc, I didn't even do any "internet detective" (lol) work.

When your alt is so obvious that I posted a comparison to Choc as a joke, you stuffed up. Next time, don't waste your alt making a dozen concurrent posts raging at the LNP.
Lucky Ann Frank didn't hide out in your attic...

It was indeed. Today is the first day they open since Sunday, so that would be right. It is sent via eParcel Post and I'm only about 15 mins drive from there and delivery is next day without fail. I would assume a Thursday delivery if you're in Melbourne metro as I think you are (my memory is failing me on your city of residence).

I'm in Tassie. or as Rep put it:

Jables is of the unspoken land. Parcels arrive on camelback from the whale barges.

I'll be happy if it's here Thursday or Friday. That's a great turn around.

I predict a Meeru situation where Choc makes dozens of alts. It will get more obvious with each new account.

His posting style is so unique that anyone who's read his posts will be able to pick his alt. Hopefully we can have a gentleman's agreement not to instantly expose him next time.

Kritz

Banned
Awesome, Gmail now filters all emails sent by UTAS as spam.

No wonder I had no idea we had to test our Projects at 9am tomorrow...

Maybe Ozy Onya is his alt that is designed to throw people off the scent lol

took you guys long enough to realise. i imagine this is what you people feel like when gaf goes down.
in a completely unrelated note im updating uplay. everyone meet me over there

Someone broke into my house today.

While I was at home.

In the shower.

I got back from work around 3pm and went to take a shower. Heard the door bell after a few minutes, thought I'd ignore it because I've been getting door knockers quite regularly now. Bell kept on ringing so I hopped out of the shower, put on some clothes and that's when I heard a noise inside the house. I stepped outside the room, saw this guy in black hoodie, baseball cap standing in the passage. Got a good look at him, he was more shocked to see me than I him. I shouted and ran after him, he jumped out the window he had broken in from. I looked around trying to see if there was anyone else with him, then ran out the front door, but he had taken off into the park and disappeared behind the trees.

Very lucky that he didn't get to steal anything. He was walking around the neighbourhood rolling an empty stroller, knocking at houses trying to find one that was empty or where no one was home.

markot

Banned

While I was at home.

In the shower.

I got back from work around 3pm and went to take a shower. Heard the door bell after a few minutes, thought I'd ignore it because I've been getting door knockers quite regularly now. Bell kept on ringing so I hopped out of the shower, put on some clothes and that's when I heard a noise inside the house. I stepped outside the room, saw this guy all in black hoodie, baseball cap standing in the passage. Got a good look at him, he was more shocked to see me than I him. I shouted and ran after him, he jumped out the window he had broken in from. I looked around trying to see if there was anyone else with him, then ran out the front door, but he had taken off into the park and disappeared behind the trees.

Very lucky that he didn't get to steal anything.

Buy a dog!

Dead Man

While I was at home.

In the shower.

I got back from work around 3pm and went to take a shower. Heard the door bell after a few minutes, thought I'd ignore it because I've been getting door knockers quite regularly now. Bell kept on ringing so I hopped out of the shower, put on some clothes and that's when I heard a noise inside the house. I stepped outside the room, saw this guy in black hoodie, baseball cap standing in the passage. Got a good look at him, he was more shocked to see me than I him. I shouted and ran after him, he jumped out the window he had broken in from. I looked around trying to see if there was anyone else with him, then ran out the front door, but he had taken off into the park and disappeared behind the trees.

Very lucky that he didn't get to steal anything. He was walking around the neighbourhood rolling an empty stroller, knocking at houses trying to find one that was empty or where no one was home.

Bloody hell, glad you are alright. What a cheeky shit.

While I was at home.

In the shower.

Make a statement with the popo. Hopefully they will do drive-bys of the area to make sure shaddy shit ain't going down.

Make a statement with the popo. Hopefully they will do drive-bys of the area to make sure shaddy shit ain't going down.

Yeah I called them, they brought a sniffer dog and everything! Took my statement, fingerprints of the windows, etc. They said it's been happening quite regularly since a lot of houses in my area are currently unoccupied or under construction. The precinct is only 3 kms away from my house so cops got here pretty quickly.

While I was at home.

In the shower.

Glad you're ok mate. Should have gone out in the nude. That definitely would have shocked him.

Top Bottom