• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

hamchan

Fuck Breaking Bad how about that Dexter series finale!!!!

Also the Emmy results are funny this year. You can tell they're giving out pity awards to 2nd placers and not giving many awards to the true winner, Breaking Bad, because next year the show will probably clean sweep it.

Despite me knowing a fair amount of C# I'm still enjoying this C# XNA beginning course. :/

Also, I volunteered at the RSPCA today. :)

And found Archer S1 DVD at Cash Converters for $8.

And found Gamecube for $40 I
should've
bought.

Could probably get a Wii for a little more than that which would be a better investment in terms of getting access to both Gamecube games and the Wii's
superior
library.

Unless you just want it for the rad purple lunchbox design, which is something I can get behind. Or it had a Gameboy Player.

If WiiU played Gamecube games, I'd probably buy a WiiU. But I may be inheriting my girlfriend's Wii when we move in together so buying a Wii would be silly until the fact, so buying a Gamecube would be better I think. Also I love the controller and design. :D

Disappointed that a song called "The Sting" wasn't a cover of this.

I tend to associate The Entertainer with The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson more than anything else. You probably hate that episode, though.

I'm not sure how many of you folk are familiar with the demoscene, but check this out, it's a demo done *this year* on a Megadrive. And it kicks ten kinds of arse.

Man, demo scene stuff always has the most amazing music. I attribute it to the 8 bit computer roots and that early work with the C64's rad SID chip.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hey look, a steam OS, I called that shit when they started working on linux stuff.

How unexciting.

Lets see what reveal 2 and 3 are.

So good.

I want a Surface Pro 2 and I want a Surface Pro 2 RIGHT GOD DAMN NOW.
Oi! You! Yeah, you!

Get the fuck out of my podcasts! I was happily enjoying the most recent episode of PlayerOne when you got name dropped at the end. And then they talked about you. Blech!

Clearly I don't need to tell you that I immediately stopped listening and deleted that episode from my library. So long, sullied audio recording!

My podcast collection is littered with such absences, all due to you.

(Dammit 'token expired' errors)

If the first icon is the OS, then the second is probably the Steambox and the third probably community.

Presumably the Steambox would come with a controller of some sort. I'm ready for a new one, been finding the 360 controller annoying after far too many hours of GTA V.

I dunno about SteamOS, seems a bit pointless. I recently installed Lubuntu on a netbook and only 1/5 of my games work on Linux (thought the netbook has the dreaded Intel GPU meaning none of them really play). The streaming seems like it could be alright though, that might work for me.

Gazunta

They don't call me "The Podcast Ruiner" for nothing, you know. Just ask 1up!

*starts listening to the new P1P* <3

And yeah Steam Box is a bloody nice idea and I can't wait to buy one
and not play any of my Steam games again

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I dunno about SteamOS, seems a bit pointless. I recently installed Lubuntu on a netbook and only 1/5 of my games work on Linux (thought the netbook has the dreaded Intel GPU meaning none of them really play). The streaming seems like it could be alright though, that might work for me.

As I speculated ages ago when I was crapping on about how Valve would release their own linux OS, I believe that Source 2 will be openGL only and cross platform over all desktops (linux, mac, windows) and of course next gen.

They will sell this to any developer at a decent cost as long as it's incorporated into the steamworks platform. This guarantees that the release would work on at least SteamOS and windows with OSX being up in the air since apple controls the drivers and all that shit there.

It's going to be a long haul for valve to actually get linux popular, I expect it to slowly take shape over the next 3+ years.

They need to make sure that "steamOS" is also an application for those already on linux, There's no point making *nix nerds install a different *nix flavour just for the sake of it to get the benefits of what they are offering.

bomma_man

I like the IDM/hip-hop/RNB/pop angle they've taken this year (excluding Cass McCombs, Kurt Vile and Savages, who are all awesome). Indie rock's really gone down the shitter recently.

Laneway lineup is amazzinng

It really is

QGJVTqK.jpg

Lot of great shit in there. Think I would be most keen for Jagwar Ma, King Krule and Lorde

Cheer up Lorde you're rich stop being so grumpy and sad all the time.
You would be grumpy too if you had to grow up in NZ! Also doubt she is rich yet, only just got big.

It really is

QGJVTqK.jpg

Lot of great shit in there. Think I would be most keen for Jagwar Ma, King Krule and Lorde
Holy fuck. Looks like a Pitchfork festival. That is super impressive we can get that kind of talent down here. Might have to try and swing a ticket.

senahorse

As I speculated ages ago when I was crapping on about how Valve would release their own linux OS, I believe that Source 2 will be openGL only and cross platform over all desktops (linux, mac, windows) and of course next gen.

They will sell this to any developer at a decent cost as long as it's incorporated into the steamworks platform. This guarantees that the release would work on at least SteamOS and windows with OSX being up in the air since apple controls the drivers and all that shit there.

It's going to be a long haul for valve to actually get linux popular, I expect it to slowly take shape over the next 3+ years.

They need to make sure that "steamOS" is also an application for those already on linux, There's no point making *nix nerds install a different *nix flavour just for the sake of it to get the benefits of what they are offering.

Pretty much, I don't see this being a real alternative to Windows anytime soon, maybe in 3-5 years we can discuss its progress.

bomma_man

I have no idea who any of those artists are. I obviously don't listen to JJJ enough.

Most of the decent ones don't get played on jjj as far as I know :p

Not really a JJJ lineup tbh, they lineup with BDO or Splendour.

Like I said, this is a Pitchfork lineup. Dat El-p. Unnnnnf.

He was great at this years, had a heap of energy and a 'real' band. I can only imagine it'd be even better with Mike there.

Top Bottom