• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

3TB hard drive for $119 pickup from CentreCom Shaneus! $7 postage otherwise.

I think we may already have addressed this pressing issue but where is best place to buy Pokemans to have it this weekend
$44 at Big W, $49 at Target.

Anyone know of a decent Wii U deal at the moment?

Call your local Dick Smith if you live out in whoop whoop, otherwise wait for the next clearance sale at other retailers!

Anything wireless can do FTTH could do better, glass is just a straight up better medium and targeted distribution of data is far more efficient. The only reason that any wireless technology looks good is because we're all still stuck on copper. We should by all rights all be on at least 1Gbps by now.

Of course FTTH can do better, but we are not getting FTTH.

Couldn't see what he got banned for, unless it was just a salty Catholic mod.

Yeah, his last few posts didn't have anything that was ban worthy.

Rlan

Didn't realize Sonic: Lost World on Wii U was still coming out on the 18th / 19th of October, thought it was delayed like the US version.

Now to see if I'll grab it locally ($74 seems to be the cheapest I can find? at Big W) or grab it from OzGameShop ($55).

What's the speed of delivery like nowadays for OzGameShop? Haven't bought from them in a while..

Didn't realize Sonic: Lost World on Wii U was still coming out on the 18th / 19th of October, thought it was delayed like the US version.

Now to see if I'll grab it locally ($74 seems to be the cheapest I can find? at Big W) or grab it from OzGameShop ($55).

What's the speed of delivery like nowadays for OzGameShop? Haven't bought from them in a while..

Big W will probably push it a little lower come actual release. They did $68 for the other Nintendo published Wii U stuff this year (Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker HD) so wouldn't be surprised if it's the case for Sonic too. Usually don't know until the catalogue for that week comes out, though.

OGS is usually about ten business days.

Rlan

Big W will probably push it a little lower come actual release. They did $68 for the other Nintendo published Wii U stuff this year (Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker HD) so wouldn't be surprised if it's the case for Sonic too. Usually don't know until the catalogue for that week comes out, though.

OGS is usually about ten business days.

Ah cool. I'm going away for a week starting the 25th, so either I pay an extra $20-25 for the luxury of playing the game for a week earlier, or I wait until Ogs sends me a copy, which should be by the time I get back.

OP of the week goes to

GTAV crushed day1 sales #'s WW; Possible for Pokemon XY crush GTAV's #'s?
Will GTAV's sales record/accolades about to be one of the shortest lived?

With Pokemon launching worldwide (being the gaming phenomenon that it is), will we truly for the first time ever see how powerful this series has become?

Am I the only one who expects the series to launch on Saturday and crush all previous sales records (including GTAV) in gaming/entertainment?

I'm sure they were joking.

Shaneus

I completely forgot how much I love this .gif:
dPQel.gif

Also, speaking of LOL... Louis CK has his latest standup for purchase on his website. $5. louisck.com probably.

Omikron

Hey guys, I'm looking to get into RPGs and board games. What's a cheap place to get them in Sydney?

OGS for board games and free shipping, stock is hit and miss however. Games Empire for local stuff have been decent. Milsims have the better prices, but their stock details online are generally inaccurate and can take a while to ship.

Danoss will jump in with RPG suggestions :)

Gazunta

*goes to that GMG link, realises he already owns Civ 5 and will never play Mafia 2, but feels disappointed the form isn't working anyway*

Hey guys if you're on Reddit I could do with an upvote or two if you don't mind?

Supanova is hitting Brisbane in a few weeks. Who's planning on going?

Clipper

Hey guys, I'm looking to get into RPGs and board games. What's a cheap place to get them in Sydney?

Hmm... with some of our new clientele, perhaps it's time to reinstate SydGAF board gaming meet-ups again...

Oh, and in addition to what Omi said, Mighty Ape occasionally has some good deals too, but their range is fairly small too.

How long has it been been since you sold Jintor the Vita? Consumer law may dictate that you replace your shoddy product! Just because you're in another country doesn't mean that you can run an unprofessional business, buddy. I remember watching The Investigators when I was younger; they taught me about shonky hucksters like you.

markot

Banned
Omg.

What happened to aerobics aus style?

Pretty sure you can map the obesity epidemic to the end of that show.

I used to do aerobics before cheesetv. Now what can kids do?

Vita doesn't use microUSB? Weak.

Present for your Mum! Downton Abbey Seasons 1&2 Blu Ray set for $32 posted

EDIT: This was written 3 hours ago, fuck you NeoGAF blocking me from making 2 posts within 50 seconds of each other >.>

Jintor

it's okay, with pokemans and phoenix wright out in a week or two it'll be all 3ds all the time for a month or two anyway.

Persona 2 run won't be happy though

This odd Kickstarter has some interesting ideas for using the new PS4 stuff

Stretch Goals

PS4 Hand gestering to search for hidden loot/pathways in the environment
PS4 Light bar as an indicator for directional pathways

the new one will
not that that helps jintor at all heh
But the new one has a shit screen! I want ease of recharging AND awesome screen :(

So today I heard a rumor that Pacific Rim was uot on BluRay... hmm...

Don't think so, pretty sure a digital version has hit some kind of outlet though (NFI where those copies come from, some kind of on-demand service?)

r1chard

Don't think so, pretty sure a digital version has hit some kind of outlet though (NFI where those copies come from, some kind of on-demand service?)
Yeah, um, *cough* the source of this rumour turned out to have a "blu-ray" rip which wasn't actually and *cough* yeah. 5 days from now to the BR+DVD+Ultraviolet release in some online stores.

Fuck honeycomb. I hate biting into that stuff. Too paranoid I'll snap a tooth

:/

Yeah, um, *cough* the source of this rumour turned out to have a "blu-ray" rip which wasn't actually and *cough* yeah. 5 days from now to the BR+DVD+Ultraviolet release in some online stores.

Oh sweet, planning on grabbing the Blu Ray and smashing it up in HD glory on my PS3. Avoided seeing it at the cinema here as the screens are totally shit for fancy visuals and it would look better on my old arse plasma lol

Pretty sure Despicable Me 2 is out soonish too.

Top Bottom