• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

The wii-u, perfect example, bought one about 2 weeks ago, it's still in its box, I am just stupid with these things sometimes...ok, a lot of the time.

You have a perfectly valid reason for owning that Wii U. It was a damn good sale price!

Unless you payed full price, in which case I am so so sorry...

senahorse

Nah, I got the Wii-U at the crazy DSE clearance sale. I guess I bought that for Nintendo games, I guess my PS4 will be for Naughty Dog games (edit: oh and QD games), and my xbone for fitness games.

Also I only just found out that with xbone my fightstick won't work with it anymore, for that matter any of the gaming peripherals from 360, so that sucks. And still no confirmation if my G25 will work with PS4, so all that sucks. At least all aforementioned controllers will work with PC.

jambo

Aww Yiss.

N9MZAFel.jpg

Nah, I got the Wii-U at the crazy DSE clearance sale. I guess I bought that for Nintendo games, I guess my PS4 will be for Naughty Dog games (edit: oh and QD games), and my xbone for fitness games.

Also I only just found out that with xbone my fightstick won't work with it anymore, for that matter any of the gaming peripherals from 360, so that sucks. And still no confirmation if my G25 will work with PS4, so all that sucks. At least all aforementioned controllers will work with PC.

I'm with you on the Wii U front. I wasn't intending to get one for a couple of years... but the Dick Smith sale made me pull the trigger. I'm still questioning if I really want it, but at least I've opened mine. hehe.

Thank your lucky stars that controllers from this gen used USB inputs. I've got a couple of classic Namco arcade sticks from the PS1 days, and they are effectively useless now. At least I can be sure my SF4 stick is going to live on through PC.

senahorse

Oh well fool me once shame on MS, fool me twice...

Apart from the standard gamepads I don't see myself buying into any of the proprietary peripherals this time around. 360 Wheel, HD-DVD drive, Rock Band/Guitar Hero instruments, 360 chatpad, 360 headsets et al. Soon all this junk will be going in the bin.

Ingram

I like this thread. I need to come here more often, it's just that I keep forgetting about it because I rarely look in this forum! D'oh!

Content! I've been spending way too much time for a normal functioning human umming and ahhing over a 3DS/2DS and whether to go local/import. I've decided for now to stop wasting my life away going through endless checkout pages comparing shipping prices and just wait (and stop reading Pokemon threads). I'm keen for the new Zelda so I'm going to play alttp (never played it,) as I do love me some 2D Zelda. Oracle of Seasons was my first Zelda game that I finished followed by Wind Waker. All the rest I haven't played. I will obviously need to get OoT as well once I get a 3DS!

If anyone was interested. VideoGamesPlus have the Link Figma figure for under $60AUD shipped. I've emailed them to confirm shipping price as this seems insane. I really like the look of the figure so I'm going to get one if I can for my partners xmas gift. Of course I won't spend hours posing and fiddling with it myself :D

Deeku

Huh, went to look for a copy of pokemon...all the stores had minimal j-versions and they were all marked up by like 15%...X was also more expensive than Y lol. oh well, guess i just order online, it's not everyday playasaia is cheaper than retail!

Not true, it was an initial issue but they sorted it out. You can redeem as many codes as you have. There might be a limit of codes per day (as some people have pointed out) but there is no limit on per household or per email basis.

I redeemed 3 in a row with the same details, worked like a charm.

I hope kids on halloween won't mind unpacked kitkats. I'm just collecting codes to win a Nexus 7, can't eat that many chocolates. :p

OH SHIT HALLOWEEN

That post you did a few days ago was badass Clive. Glad to see those damn American's are still worshiping me over there.

Halloween is french for 'Reptilescorpio's birthday'.

Anyone who says different is a fucking liar.

I keep forgetting to post in here, stupid work being busy >_<

Oh boy, Halloween. The time of year when we pretend taking part in an American holiday would be a terrible affront to our culture when a majority of the media we consume comes from there and our culture is just a crude mashup of our British heritage, stuff absorbed from European migrants and stuff we lifted from the US anyway.

You're right, we should cancel Easter and Christmas too!

Really though, I think it'd actually be pretty cool if Halloween were bigger here. The decorations and costume parties and stuff sound fun.

It's odd since Halloween is the perfect excuse for a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassive pissup. I wouldn't have thought the chance to get messy drunk while dressed up as random shit and scare the piss out of snot nosed kids would be something modern Australia would pass up.

Also it would stimulate the economy and such!

Do you know if they listened to any of the feedback provided during the process?
Actually yes! They were going to cancel most services out to my suburb and make the bus to the city stop at Roma St instead of going on to the cultural centre. Thank God that didn't eventuate.

It's odd since Halloween is the perfect excuse for a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassive pissup. I wouldn't have thought the chance to get messy drunk while dressed up as random shit and scare the piss out of snot nosed kids would be something modern Australia would pass up.

Also it would stimulate the economy and such!

I guess the anti-American sentiment is stronger than the pro-booze one, which surprises me really.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Halloween. There are so few opportunities to wear costumes as it is :(

Glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could watch it for the first time all over again, I love it that much. I think the new season starts next month and it cannot come soon enough.

That first episode really showed how much can arise from something so simple and really sets the tone for the show. Just wait until episode 5 or 6, I won't say anything more, but it is so damn good in every way. Episode 9 or 10 has one moment that absolutely blew me away, I had a feeling something was coming and even then, no amount of suspicion could have prepared me for what was demonstrated. The level of intelligence, observance and deduction in such a short period of time is astounding.

Min Seo, the auctioneer, was the one that I didn't much like. She uses a degree of conniving that I didn't appreciate at all. While Sang Min has a similar approach, it's not the only tool in his arsenal by any stretch, and given that he is very charismatic he doesn't rub me the wrong way at all – the opposite, in fact.

I think I'm biased towards Hong Jin-Ho because I know him from watching Starcraft. I also really like Sung-kyu, just seems like a funny, good-natured guy.

My favorite ep so far is ep 7, the open/pass card game. One moment in that blew me away.

Just finished it, faaark. Last few episodes were thrilling! Sunggyu was my favourite.
Next season starts on ~11 November so a whole month eep

markot

Banned
Halloween is evil. Its the worst holiday since hitlerday.

If you like if you should be ashamed of yourself. But your not. Cause you cant feel shame anymore since the accident.

I blame the simpsons for making it more popular here.

Also the pumpkin industry.

Not if you only live to be 60...

That's what I thought as soon as I wrote it.

Nah, more common than you think. Just a result of being in the 'system' for so long. Hard for the ole noggin to keep going with such a repetitive lifestyle overall.

Yeah fair enough. I'm hoping the fact we're moving house next month and the new baby will be enough to wipe the slate clean for a while.

Kritz

Banned
Anyone ever want to play Synergy, or is it just Dota 2 from now until eternity?

Could play over the weekend, maybe. It's the last week of Uni and I'll have a few weeks til exam panic starts.

Right now I'm too busy worrying about a fuckin' 9am practical networks test today and another Project presentationy-thing tomorrow.

Animal Crossing New Leaf for 3DS for $32 posted!!!!!
US 3DS's only >_< FUCK YOU NINTENDO

Read the spoiler before purchasing.

The Wolf Among Us season Telltale key (NOT STEAMKEY) for $18.75 with GMG25-7VBH8-67CAC coupon, getting rave reviews!

I guess the anti-American sentiment is stronger than the pro-booze one, which surprises me really.
Yeah really is odd since we absorb so much of their culture anyway :(

Gazunta

HNNNNNNGH

Have they announced a Vita TV release date here coz I think I might go that way.

God daaaaaamn that game looks hot as hell

Clipper

Got a surprise arrival in the mail this morning...

null_zps83ac5d3a.jpg

Something tells me that Mario and friends might not fare too well here...

Now that I'm engrossed in Pokémon, I don't know if I'll find time to play it, though. :(

Top Bottom