• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Also burning music CD's is the bane of my fucking existence these last 15 years.

You're telling me, No matter how many times I explain to my mother how to burn discs on her computer, she wants me to do it. And she needs it done now so she can send it to a friend in the mail today. Consequently 1/3 of my itunes list is African/Colombian.

Just had dreams of playing the new pokemon game on 3DS.

Considering it's $44 right now I wonder if I should buy it.. only issue is the one-save slot thing and my siblings might want to play my copy.>_< since I work I can probably justify them not using my copy.

Not worth buying multiple copies till we have a second 3DS tho.
I always thought it would be great having lots of siblings...
Can't you play it in secret or something?

Kritz

Banned
My mother always makes me back up her camera photos to my computer, because she always complains her camera's SD cards fill up too fast.

She's completely technopobic and just shuts down whenever I try to walk her through how to use a computer. With that in mind, I thought hey, I'm a programmer and tech support guy. Let's automate this so that even my mother can manage this process!

I've set up the computer at my mother's house to automatically copy all images off a camera when it's plugged in, and delete all the photos from storage once the backup transfer is successful. This has simplified the process down to, "plug the camera cable into the computer".

So now I get to plug a camera cable into a computer every time I go to see her...

You're telling me, No matter how many times I explain to my mother how to burn discs on her computer, she wants me to do it. And she needs it done now so she can send it to a friend in the mail today. Consequently 1/3 of my itunes list is African/Colombian.
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA! You just called rep an old, techno-incompetant fogey! And he is!

BAHAHAHAHA You just called rep a butt!

What have I done?! Nooooooooooooooooo

hqdefault.jpg

Gazunta

New Indy Game Developer comic, ya bastards! Just in time for everyone to be playing to GCAP in a few weeks.

Hey Planet_Jase here's another podcast I ruined by being on it. Thanks Shard for tolerating me while I told yet more people how fucking great Great Giana Sisters is.

Bris-GAF: Is anyone going to the Video Game Symphony thing on November 23?

Real answer: DRM? i.e. not authorized to be played on anything other than the PC/connected device?
Burning them too fast. Also make sure they're Disc-at-once (DAO).
Are you trying to burn an audio CD or a data CD with mp3s on it?
Wouldn't be DRM.
Likely an issue with the disc drive burner, always seems to be that. Damn things only last 2 years, even with incredibly limited usage.

Using Ashampoo -> Burn or Rip Music -> Create an MP3 CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc

Same as I have been doing for years, car CD player plays MP3 discs no issue.

I'll double check the CD in my car tomorrow to rule out issues with the wifes CD player. If it doesn't run I'll try a different burning program. If that doesn't work I'll spend the huge sum of $19 for a new disc burner.

Just irritating when it doesn't work every 12 months or so!

r1chard

Also burning music CD's is the bane of my fucking existence these last 15 years.

WHY WONT THEY JUST WORK EVERYTIME

No idea why the one I just made for the wife doesn't work. Even burnt it twice! Shows up at mp3 cd on testing in PC but the car CD player won't play it, yet will play CD's that I burnt the exact same way a fortnight ago >_<
I've tried a bunch of different approaches to try to burn CDs for my car but none of them play correctly in the car :(

Tried CD audio format. Tried CD with MP3s on it. Nothing works :(

It's even more crap too because the car stereo is one of these factory jobbies with a really big control layout worked all over the dashboard so getting a replacement stereo that's useful (ie. MP3/MP4/FLAC/whateverthehell) will be a right pain in the ass I imagine.

It *does* have an "aux in" which is a pain to use, but at least I can plug my phone in when I get desperate. And drain its batteries 'cos if I also try to charge it at the same time off the car the introduced noise is intolerable. INTOLERABLE I say.

Er. End rant?

Had a fun time yesterday at the October SLAKfest playing some DOD:S, CS:GO, TF2, L4D2 and even some Torchlight 2. Good times :)

I've tried a bunch of different approaches to try to burn CDs for my car but none of them play correctly in the car :(

It's even more crap too because the car stereo is one of these factory jobbies with a really big control layout worked all over the dashboard so getting a replacement stereo that's useful (ie. MP3/MP4/FLAC/whateverthehell) will be a right pain in the ass I imagine.

Ah, your CD player blocks burnt CD's. My parents BA falcon does the same thing.

There might be some kind of software out there to encrypt (for lack of a better word on my behalf) the disc to make your CD player think it's an authentic disc but I haven't had to look around yet.

HCVFjTa.gif

Get in here Gaz! Spill the beans!

Cancelled games:
Cortex Chaos (2005/Traveller's Tales/PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube)
Crash Team Racing 2010 (2010/High Impact Games/PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)
Crash Landed (2010/Radical Entertainment and Renegade Kid/PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS)
Crush Bandicoot (2004 Pitch/Magenta Software)
Crash Bandicoot by Ty creators (2004/2005 Pitch/Krome Studios)
Crash Team Tag Racing (DS version/Sensory Sweep)
Mark Cerny's pitch (around 2000/"Crash's first free-roaming outing"
Unnamed Vicarious Visions game (Poster one/late 2012 leakage/Cancelled a few years ago according to someone)
Crash Clash Racing (Traveller's Tales/Twinsanity's creators/later CTTR by Radical)

I get asked to burn photos on a cd, it's not that hard to do and they could do it themselves with a few clicks, but because i'm the computer guy i have to do it.

Fredescu

I had my first "spooky things your kids say" experience on the weekend.

He's been interested in the moon for a while, always pointing it out when he sees it. A couple of days ago he saw it and said "the moon is broken!" So I explained the concept of a half moon to him and that seemed to satisfy him, and he's been pointing out the half moon for the last couple of days.

Last night we went to a Guzman Y Gomez. They had outdoor seating and it was a warm night so we sat outside. He was eating his Nacho's when he looks up and points out the half moon again. Then he stared at it intently for a while before saying "The moon is upset." I wasn't sure how to respond really, so I looked at it and said I think the moon is ok. He looked back at it and shook his head. "The moon is upset. Let's go inside." So we went inside and finished our meal. I'm not sure which side of the family conversing with celestial bodies comes from.

Also, Papers Please is on sale today. I think I will buy it.

It *does* have an "aux in" which is a pain to use, but at least I can plug my phone in when I get desperate. And drain its batteries 'cos if I also try to charge it at the same time off the car the introduced noise is intolerable. INTOLERABLE I say.

Car doesn't play burnt disks? That sucks. All the cheapo stereos play burnt discs just fine. It reminds me of DVD players... the cheap ones play all regions, the expensive ones are region locked. Go figure.

I don't know why using aux in is a pain though. That's mostly how I listen to music in my car. No risk of skipping/scratching disks, no need to lug dozens of discs around. Get a cheap dedicated music player if you don't want to use your phone.

Stackboy

I'm on GTA Online on PS3, if anyone wants to organise a playdate, lemme know. I have no mic chat, so we will have to communicate by jumping and shooting guns near each other.

Also, Gravity was rad.

Also, hi Lexi!!

Gazunta

In my mind Indy Developer definitely lives in Melbourne and just hangs out at coffee shops all day before going to the billion developer meetups that are held there every week.

senahorse

Not so much having second thoughts but wondering why I am still stupid enough to pre-order day one consoles. Have both the PS4 and xbone on pre-order and I haven't seen anything on either that will be out day one that really interests me.

Not so much having second thoughts but wondering why I am still stupid enough to pre-order day one consoles. Have both the PS4 and xbone on pre-order and I haven't seen anything on either that will be out day one that really interests me.

You like shiny new things and you get a rush of funny good feelings in the lead up to picking it up.

Also you have tons of money!

Nothing wrong with that.

Would be a ton of fun to play around with the new systems and see what they are capable of.

senahorse

Ha I don't have tons of money, cookie just says that to stir me up :p. I do like shiny new things but we are trying to put a bit of money aside so we can get a couple of dirt bikes next year.

The wii-u, perfect example, bought one about 2 weeks ago, it's still in its box, I am just stupid with these things sometimes...ok, a lot of the time.

senahorse

On another note (new topic, new post :D).

I played and finished Beyond: Two Souls over the weekend. The gameplay was clunky (though there was more of it than Heavy Rain), the story had its flaws and constant disc reading during cutscenes bugged the shit out of me. But, I really enjoyed it and glad I played/watched it.

I still need to waddle down to EB and pick up a cheap copy of Heavy Rain before jumping into Beyond 2 Soulz >_<

Stunt jumps in GTA5 are taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrr. Damn bike won't quicksave everytime which got irritating out in the sticks.

Top Bottom