• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

senahorse

Indeed they are, did I learn my lesson after Sim City? No, I bought BF4, did I learn my lesson after BF4? No, I bought NFS: Rivals. Now it's confirmed NFS is locked to 30fps on PC, I blame EA and the not quite competent new consoles for that. Will I learn this time? I bloody well hope so.

hamchan

BF4 is busted on all platforms - server issues, exp no adding up, glitches and characters not leveling up after a round.

I'm skipping both bf4 and cod mp this time. Won't even bother.

NFS is shockingly good, I had just finished an early cop mission when a real-life gamer sped past with other AI cops in tow so I joined in the pursuit and it was intense. He had a way faster car but the AI cops were at his level and kept him from getting too far away from me and I got heaps of points when we eventually busted him. This whole multi/single blurred mechanic is gonna lead to some amazing moments this gen.

Bought from amazon or digital? They don't seem to have any stock of nfs at all.

Lack of split screen still has me undecided though. Not big on racers, the last one I enjoyed was Split Second.

Fusebox

Banned
Bought from amazon or digital? They don't seem to have any stock of nfs at all.

Lack of split screen still has me undecided though. Not big on racers, the last one I enjoyed was Split Second.

Digital, I'm going all digital this gen. Definitely worth getting if you're even remotely interested.

Stackboy

NFS is shockingly good, I had just finished an early cop mission when a real-life gamer sped past with other AI cops in tow so I joined in the pursuit and it was intense. He had a way faster car but the AI cops were at his level and kept him from getting too far away from me and I got heaps of points when we eventually busted him. This whole multi/single blurred mechanic is gonna lead to some amazing moments this gen.

I'll get this in a few months with my PS4

Name an arcade racer that has come out in the last 5 years that has had split screen, that has come out on 360 or PS3.

What's wrong with the beard. It's excellent !

Can you make a AU PSN account on a US PSX system? I know you can do US on an AUS account so i can't see why not.

Yeah you can, the system is region free. If you're going all digital though the obvious choice would be to have a Us account.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
some one needs to stop me from getting on ausgaf chat before 6pm on tuesdays.

fuck jambo heading out to his schnitzels :(

markot

Banned
$1000 for a kick starter? The PA guys dont even KS themselves out of bed for that much!

Everyone should ask for their money back with Bf4

That means you pikachuuuu!

Billion 7300RA is what I use, though I find there is better performance running it in bridge mode (essentially turning it into a modem only) and using a dedicated wireless router to do the rest of the work. Certainly not the cheapest way to do it, but I've only been disappointed by the performance offered by consumer grade modem/routers. This is mainly due to poor QoS implementation and may not be necessary for many.

The best off-the-shelf solution I found was the Billion 7300RA combined with the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router running Tomato firmware. This is more expensive than a combined solution and I'm not much use to you there. Someone else should be able to chime in with something more suitable, I just thought I'd note this as an option.
Sweet, thanks for that. Might look at the separate router for stability in the house.

Yeah no worries. I'll possibly have some work in Geelong this week, if not then next week for sure. So, I can drop it off somewhere or meet you if the timings match up. ETA on the other PS4 is 25th Nov.
Awesome! I think we are in Lara/Geelong for that whole weekend (Friday night, all Saturday & Sunday morning).

I'm watching a stream of some teenage girl playing Just Dance... with her camera on and a very loose fitting bra if she's wearing one at all. She's a crap dancer but it's kind of hypnotising. o_0
CREEPY DAD

Shaneus

It is difficult on the real thing. Pinball Arcade is all digital and as long as you press the button at the right time the ball will go to that same spot every time. On the real table, I think I'd be lucky to have a 40% shot accuracy on that ramp. And really, the thing I love about the table is all of the things that happen outside of trying to hit that ramp. For instance, when it comes back from a ramp shot it can go 4 different ways and each of those requires it's own strategy to get back under control and make another ramp shot. If it comes back down from the left wireform, hold the left flipper up and let the ball run off it, give it a nudge over to the right flipper, then make a shot. If the ball comes from the right spinner, depending on the angle the ball is traveling, either live catch on the right flipper or dead pass over the left, then post pass back over the right. I love how much control the game forces you to learn. Fiona appreciates that too and she learned how to post pass on the one we have in our home town.
Yeah, it seems like the perfect table to learn ball control with, especially given majority of games these days reward more focused, calculated play than loose/flow play. I could probably play better if I learned how to do that (and if I could to it on HS I could do it on *anything*) but I just have so much more fun and I find it more satisfying when I can nail a shot when it's on the move.
Having said that, I've been putting in stupid amounts of time on the MET at my local Timezone (I put $50 on my swipe card when they had a double-value thing on and I only have around $25 left... that was end of August I think) and even though Sparky is super-sensitive (anything less than a direct shot up his middle won't register) I'm still learning how to control play more and more. I forget it easy enough, but once I can get into the "controlled play" mode, I do a lot better.

Yep that was Richard, Australia's number 1. He's been hassling me to go as well. Still thinking about it...
Sounds like a sign!
If you decide to, give me a nudge if you wanted to split accommodation or something. I'm sure it'd be pretty cheap, but much more enjoyable going with someone... especially given that the town it's in looks like a bit of a shithole.

So, amazon is pretty friking amazing. On top of $120 credit that they gave me for delaying my launch edition and their system issues not accepting my payment, they are not shipping me a second ps4 FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Just received notification that they have shipped my pre-ordered PS4 that was initially stuck in the payment process.

Let's see:

2 x PS4
2 x Killzone Shadow Fall
1 x Assassin's Creed 4
1 X Cod Ghosts (had to switch from NFS, no stock)
1 x PS Camera
1 x DS4

Total I've paid: $750
If you want to get rid of one of those PS4s, gimme a yell!

PS4 impressions so far:

Console is awesome, quiet, small, controller is brilliant, Resogun is great fun, watching people play games on Playstation Live is stupidly addictive and entertaining.

I watched some good gamer finish Knack on hard, he had skills, it was surprisingly entertaining. ACIV looks brilliant, played the first 10 minutes last night at about 3am. Contrast is decent, Killzone and NFS Rivals are installed but I haven't checked them yet, will play them today. Can't believe how good the whole Live streaming thing is, especially for games I won't own like Marvel Lego (coz no invert look option) if you're making a bite to eat or having a quick chop it's like a new gaming TV channel.

PS4 launch successful!
Get Pinball Arcade! I want impressions! It's free*!
*for TotAN. Still, enough to give impressions!

Oh nooooooooooooo :/
I have a metric fuckload of early Hyper magazines that is pretty much complete, up until they well and truly went to shit (I think I stopped subscribing around issue ~120 or so)... or at least, weren't a patch on the old days.

I never look at them and I'd rather give them to someone who'd appreciate them, if you don't just collect UK mags :)

BTW Anything come from that Twitter mention to those retro online sites? I can only hope it did, they seemed genuinely excited about it :D

markot

Banned
Am I the only one that hates alot the new fangles "IM" method of customer service.

Its too instant for my liking, and I cant ponder my responses like I can in an email.

kott as in welcome back kotter but without the er as in ER.

markot

Banned
Hm.

So apparently I cant get a refund for premium battle field 4 pack crap no matter what, but I can get a refund from greenman gaming if they allow it...

EA!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for like the 200th time now, still shame on you!

Fusebox

Banned
Get Pinball Arcade! I want impressions! It's free*!
*for TotAN. Still, enough to give impressions!

I can't see it on the US PSN store. I saw the IGN review and assumed it was out already but I guess not. I'll be sure to grab it and review it as soon as it's up though.

Shaneus

I can't see it on the US PSN store. I saw the IGN review and assumed it was out already but I guess not. I'll be sure to grab it and review it as soon as it's up though.
Ah, bugger. I knew they weren't going to make launch by only a short period, but I didn't know how much by (and figured the same as you). If you can, get the PC version as well (even just the free one) so you can compare "feeling" etc :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Am I the only one that hates alot the new fangles "IM" method of customer service.

Its too instant for my liking, and I cant ponder my responses like I can in an email.

kott as in welcome back kotter but without the er as in ER.

theen i apologise, ive been calling you in my head and out loud mark-oh

markot

Banned
An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to ________. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 38.27 USD.
An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to _______. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 11.00 USD.

1367401614_Throwing-Money.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

Top Bottom