• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Danoss

I have embraced the post video game world and ordered board games.

Good man. Tabletop gaming is where the fun is.

I've bought into the Warmachine/Hordes wargame pretty hard. I'm terrible at it, but it's very enjoyable, incredibly deep and always evolving. I should've taken a photo of the mountain of minis, but they look much less interesting in their boxes. Assembling, preparing and painting these things takes a while, but it's all part of the fun.

ALSO MY ROUTER KEEPS SHITTING THE WIFI CONNECTION

SOMEONE RECOMMEND A CHEAP BUT AWESOMELY STRONG ADSL2+ ROUTER SO MY WIFE CAN WATCH GRAYS ANATOMY THROUGH PLEX ON THE PS3 IN THE LOUNGE ROOM

Afaik, Billion has the best routers for streaming/torrents.

Billion 7300RA is what I use, though I find there is better performance running it in bridge mode (essentially turning it into a modem only) and using a dedicated wireless router to do the rest of the work. Certainly not the cheapest way to do it, but I've only been disappointed by the performance offered by consumer grade modem/routers. This is mainly due to poor QoS implementation and may not be necessary for many.

The best off-the-shelf solution I found was the Billion 7300RA combined with the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router running Tomato firmware. This is more expensive than a combined solution and I'm not much use to you there. Someone else should be able to chime in with something more suitable, I just thought I'd note this as an option.

My Kickstarter is now live oh god oh god oh god

Hahaha I mean I'm totally cool and not freaking out at all hahah all good here

BRB throwing up in the corner

Looks like you've almost reached your goal too! Good on you, Gaz, I'm so excited for you!

I haven't pledged, but I have set the reminder so I can contribute later on.

Mar

Absolutely crazy. I'm so grateful this hasn't been laughed out of the internet.
yet

Curse you Gaz! I want to back at the $100 award but they're almost all gone and my bank account won't be co-operative until tonight... I'll back regardless or course but I'm hoping I don't miss out on that guest spot comic!

PS: I would be pledging more (I owe you anyway!) but I just bought a pinball machine on the weekend. I'd really like to avoid death by wife for at least a bit longer...

Now you've actually got to make it! No backing out now!

FcqtHr3.png

Gazunta

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

Thanks so much, you guys, thanks SO MUCH.

I'm stunned.

Fuck, I better think of a Stretch Goal....

...and resist the temptation to blow all the money on Good Guys hahha

That's pretty freaking awesome. What are you going to do with it? Flip it, have a second one just because you can? Race them?

Wow. Glad it worked out.

i hate you sooooo much

WOW, that is impressive customer service! Glad everything worked out in the end.

Thanks, still can't believe they actually did that.

Won't be selling it online, I'm pretty sure I cansell it to someone who wanted one at launch and didn't get it. I'm looking at you REPTILE.

Will wait for the AUD$400 mark. Even if it's from Amazon. Just gotta get a bargain lol

Come and get it when it arrives next week.

So I am guessing it is dual voltage than? No need for a step down? Just plug PS3 slim figure 8 cable in?

Yeah, all PS3 and PS4 consoles are dual voltage.

PS4 impressions so far:

Console is awesome, quiet, small, controller is brilliant, Resogun is great fun, watching people play games on Playstation Live is stupidly addictive and entertaining.

I watched some good gamer finish Knack on hard, he had skills, it was surprisingly entertaining. ACIV looks brilliant, played the first 10 minutes last night at about 3am. Contrast is decent, Killzone and NFS Rivals are installed but I haven't checked them yet, will play them today. Can't believe how good the whole Live streaming thing is, especially for games I won't own like Marvel Lego (coz no invert look option) if you're making a bite to eat or having a quick chop it's like a new gaming TV channel.

PS4 launch successful!

Good to know, personally no one I know has had a h/w issue.

Looks like my Ps4 won't be delivered today, still sitting in the Melbourne facility with no update since yesterday. :/

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

Thanks so much, you guys, thanks SO MUCH.

I'm stunned.

Fuck, I better think of a Stretch Goal....

...and resist the temptation to blow all the money on Good Guys hahha

Congratulations Gaz, throwing some money at you because I like your work.

You should share this on the PAX forums and FB page, should help your spread the word.

Fusebox

Banned
Holy jesus tittyfuck, the cinematic flyover of Vekta city near the start of Killzone is the biggest next-gen smack to the face I've had so far. Still picking my jaw off the floor.

hamchan

Add $2 per order for postage!

Mass Effect 3 is $10 on 360
Gears of War 3 is $10 on 360
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is $10 on 360/PS3
Gran Turismo 5 is $10 on PS3
God of War 3 is $10 on PS3
Heavy Rain is $10 on PS3
Killzone 3 is $10 on PS3

Jesus. I bought like 8 games from this sale.

Virtua Tennis 4 Vita
Resistance Burning Skies
Pokemon White 2
Sly Collection
Killzone 3
Resistance 3

and then I took the opportunity to rebuy games that I lent to friends and never got back.

Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy XIII

PS4 came in!

The first thing that hits you is how small it is. It's tiny, like Nintendo tiny. Hard to think this came from the same company that made the PS3. I've actually got a fat one sitting next to the quadruple in my entertainment unit, it makes look like a Wii. Controller is extremely comfortable. My only niggle is that the lip on the triggers could have done to be a bit harsher or if they were larger. Never had my finger slip off but it doesn't feel ideal. Otherwise its sweet. The sticks have a great amount of stiffness to them. The buttons are softer including the D-Pad. Not quite as soft as the Wii U pad but pretty soft. Feels great. Tried about a bit of Killzone and oooof

Holy jesus tittyfuck, the cinematic flyover of Vekta city near the start of Killzone is the biggest next-gen smack to the face I've had so far. Still picking my jaw off the floor.

Just went through that section. I don't know if I didn't get enough sleep but I had to look away from the screen it was so glorious. Agh

Congrats on the kickstarter gaz. So quick.

Thanks, still can't believe they actually did that.

Won't be selling it online, I'm pretty sure I cansell it to someone who wanted one at launch and didn't get it. I'm looking at you REPTILE.

That's good of you.

Gazunta

Pledged $25, good luck!

Thanks man!

Over 90% now! GRATS GAZ

I swear when I read this post I spat my drink out.
Dear AusGAF What's the best way to clean monitors?

$920/1000 so far

Average backing is $61!

Fucking incredible. I had this whole plan for what I would do in the last week when I still had $999 to go. People are amazing.

Woo! Congrats Gaz! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Looking forward to seeing that beaming smile at PAX next year again :)

That's so kind of you to say, thanks :) And yep CANNOT WAIT for PAX! God damn I'm excited for that thing!

God, Gaz, if I knew you had so many magazines I would've somehow given you mine when I got rid of them a few years ago. The collection wasn't anywhere near as big as yours. I bet they ended up in the bin after Blue Tongue were shut down.

Oh nooooooooooooo :/

I still count Blue Tongue being shut down as one of the worst things to ever happen in Australian history. Those guys got nowhere near enough respect.

BRISGAF FOLK WHO ARE INTO WEBCOMICS - Kris Straub is in town tonight and would like to meet up with people. I'm inviting you!

Dick Smith getting in on the $188 Vita + Killzone bundles! EDIT: Shit, out of stock already. Sorry!

Also 50% off Skype cards at Big W

Also recordable Hallmark story books are cheap again, $8 each before postage. Useful for sending to relatives at Xmas!

Seriously? You would be happy with that? I can get scheming on a way to make the Minister of Finance agree to this most amazing transaction if so!!!!

Maybe I can tell her it will stream girly TV shows to the PS4 way better than it did with the PS3. I CAN FIND A WAY.

EDIT: I'll also be in Lara next weekend doing a family thing so that would lineup timewise perfectly. TOO PERFECTLY....

Jesus. I bought like 8 games from this sale.

and then I took the opportunity to rebuy games that I lent to friends and never got back.

Final Fantasy XIII

WHY.JPG

We love you Ham, don't do this to yourself!

Rezbit

Not too many games I really wanna jump at in that sale. Prob would have picked up Luigi U, Kid Icarus, Sly Cooper, but it looks like the site has been Ozbargain'd anyway. All 3 Uncharted games for 30 bucks is really good though.

Had to relive grade 4 a little bit so I picked up Pokemon Soul Silver which is also on sale for 10 bux. I don't think I'll get around to it any time soon but I think I'll be comforted by having it sitting in my collection.

Wish I knew what happened to my original Silver cart :(

Seriously? You would be happy with that? I can get scheming on a way to make the Minister of Finance agree to this most amazing transaction if so!!!!

Maybe I can tell her it will stream girly TV shows to the PS4 way better than it did with the PS3. I CAN FIND A WAY.

EDIT: I'll also be in Lara next weekend doing a family thing so that would lineup timewise perfectly. TOO PERFECTLY....

Yeah no worries. I'll possibly have some work in Geelong this week, if not then next week for sure. So, I can drop it off somewhere or meet you if the timings match up. ETA on the other PS4 is 25th Nov.

jambo

Had to relive grade 4 a little bit so I picked up Pokemon Soul Silver which is also on sale for 10 bux. I don't think I'll get around to it any time soon but I think I'll be comforted by having it sitting in my collection.

Wish I knew what happened to my original Silver cart :(

I was pretty shocked that they had fucking Gold/Silver for $10.

Never, ever seen it below retail cost, even in sales.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm watching a stream of some teenage girl playing Just Dance... with her camera on and a very loose fitting bra if she's wearing one at all. She's a crap dancer but it's kind of hypnotising. o_0

Some serious jealously when I see some of you getting PS4's already.

Like a pleb, I've gone with the JB pre-order thinking I could wait haha.. Argh!

I'm watching a stream of some teenage girl playing Just Dance... with her camera on and a very loose fitting bra if she's wearing one at all. She's a crap dancer but it's kind of hypnotising. o_0

How's stream quality for you? I feel like I'm watching 3gp videos from 8 years ago

Fusebox

Banned
Haha, thats classic!

How's stream quality for you? I feel like I'm watching 3gp videos from 8 years ago

It varies, probably based on the upload speed of the player. It usually starts off blocky but ends up looking somewhere around 576p at its best. Colorful games like Knack seem to come across way better than fast shooters like CoD.

Gazunta

Looks like you've almost reached your goal too! Good on you, Gaz, I'm so excited for you!

I haven't pledged, but I have set the reminder so I can contribute later on.

Thanks man! Today's pretty much the best day ever.

Curse you Gaz! I want to back at the $100 award but they're almost all gone and my bank account won't be co-operative until tonight... I'll back regardless or course but I'm hoping I don't miss out on that guest spot comic!

PS: I would be pledging more (I owe you anyway!) but I just bought a pinball machine on the weekend. I'd really like to avoid death by wife for at least a bit longer...

They're all gone, my man! :) But yes you avoiding her wrath is a very astute move, a pinball machine is a heck of an ask as it is hahaha :)

I'll probably add a new limited tier tonight....

pledged to gaz! only $5 though, don't hate me?

I love you man. :)

Gaz already rolling in the money.

That $200 already gone. Damn son.

Yeah couldn't believe anyone would take it. The guy who nabbed it is tops so it's win win tho.

Now you've actually got to make it! No backing out now!

FcqtHr3.png

Yeah tomorrow I'm going to wake up and start to realise how much work is ahead of me to make the book a reality! :)

Gratz Gaz, that was quick, you must be stoked.

"Over the moon" doesn't give it justice really. Incredibly grateful that people like my nonsense enough to support it!

Better spend some of it on new servers for Good Guys.

Hahah it's been fun reloading that site trawling for some more stuff, thankfully it kept failing for me coz it was about to get real messy there for a minute! :)

Congratulations Gaz, throwing some money at you because I like your work.

You should share this on the PAX forums and FB page, should help your spread the word.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. I'm hesitant to spam other boards because they might get the pitchforks out :)
If anyone here wants to do so on my behalf I would be incredibly grateful!

Congrats on the kickstarter gaz. So quick.

The half hour this morning when it was sitting at $0.00 was the longest God damn half hour of my entire life :)

Well. Good thing it doesn't....contravene the descriptor: sexual activity related to incentives and rewards.
Oh, by the way, thank you for posting your twitter exchange in the correct reading sequence. I dislike the back-to-front way that twitter conversations are usually presented. You're the best!

Fusebox

Banned
NFS is shockingly good, I had just finished an early cop mission when a real-life gamer sped past with other AI cops in tow so I joined in the pursuit and it was intense. He had a way faster car but the AI cops were at his level and kept him from getting too far away from me and I got heaps of points when we eventually busted him. This whole multi/single blurred mechanic is gonna lead to some amazing moments this gen.

PS4 BF4 is busted.

Crashes to desktop. Lets you send a crash report to the developer
"Game is shit."

I can't be alone to send that message.

Top Bottom