• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Kritz

Banned
WFztVlr.png

My friends, my friends, thank you, thank you so much. I can inform you that the thread of AusGAF has changed for just the tenth time.

You obviously enjoyed reading it, so let me say it again. The thread of AusGAF has changed. For just – for just the tenth time in five years, the thread of Australia has changed.

I now look forward to forming a thread that is competent, that is trustworthy, and which purposefully and steadfastly and methodically sets about delivering on our commitments to you, the AusGAF posters.

tcdBHQP.png

Something very significant has happened today. Today, the people of AusGAF have declared that the right to govern this country does not belong to HolyCheck or to me or to his threads or to ours; but it belongs to you, the people of AusGAF.

A thread that says what it means and means what it says. A thread of no surprises and no excuses. A thread that understands the limits of power as well as its potential.

IRC:
irc.gamesurge.net
#ausgaf
(Webchat)

A good thread, a good thread is one that governs for all AusGAF. Including those who haven't posted in it. A good thread is one with a duty to help everyone to maximise his or her potential. Political people. Console gamers. And our forgotten members, as well as those who Markot described as Hitlers. We will not leave anyone behind.

I have many friends in this thread. I say thank you to each one. We have been on a journey together, a long, long journey together, a long, long journey. May it continue, and may it help to bring better times to this great thread of which we are all so very, very proud. Thank you so much. Thank you so much.

Other AusGAF Threads

So, amazon is pretty friking amazing. On top of $120 credit that they gave me for delaying my launch edition and their system issues not accepting my payment, they are not shipping me a second ps4 FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Just received notification that they have shipped my pre-ordered PS4 that was initially stuck in the payment process.

Let's see:

2 x PS4
2 x Killzone Shadow Fall
1 x Assassin's Creed 4
1 X Cod Ghosts (had to switch from NFS, no stock)
1 x PS Camera
1 x DS4

Total I've paid: $750

Aaaaaaaaand backed. Sorry, Gaz, but I only backed at the PDF level. I'm trying not to gain anymore physical objects like books (which kills me... Figuratively, of course) due to dwindling room available to me.

PS- is the creepy reach-at-you-from-beyond-the-camera at the end of the video intentional?

So, amazon is pretty friking amazing. On top of $120 credit that they gave me for delaying my launch edition and their system issues not accepting my payment, they are not shipping me a second ps4 FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Just received notification that they have shipped my pre-ordered PS4 that was initially stuck in the payment process.

Let's see:

2 x PS4
2 x Killzone Shadow Fall
1 x Assassin's Creed 4
1 x PS Camera
1 x DS4

WOW, that is impressive customer service! Glad everything worked out in the end.

markot

Banned

Let's see:

2 x PS4
2 x Killzone Shadow Fall
1 x Assassin's Creed 4
1 x PS Camera
1 x DS4

What ya gonna do with the extra ps4!? Nudge nudge!

Anyone in melb go to the noodle night market?
I've been planning on going before it's over. Maybe this weekend? I was thinking about going Friday actually.

God, looking at the list of food is making me want to go right now.

Hah, how does it go on the tv? Most of the ui is bold enough I guess, but the text I imagine would be tricky.
It's actually just RDPing on a laptop on the couch, so kinda cheating.

That's pretty freaking awesome. What are you going to do with it? Flip it, have a second one just because you can? Race them?

Already 25% there and it's not even been a day!

Let's see:

2 x PS4
2 x Killzone Shadow Fall
1 x Assassin's Creed 4
1 x PS Camera
1 x DS4

Wow. Glad it worked out.

i hate you sooooo much

Such an awesome sale. They also have a bunch of PS3, 360 and Vita games.

My impression is they are clearing EVERYTHING video games out. Almost every game they have up online is $10 now. Going to try and lurk the rest of the day to see if they clear out all the WiiU stuff for $10.

I've made 3 separate $50 orders now! Wasted $4!

Gazunta

Aaaaaaaaand backed. Sorry, Gaz, but I only backed at the PDF level. I'm trying not to gain anymore physical objects like books (which kills me... Figuratively, of course) due to dwindling room available to me.

PS- is the creepy reach-at-you-from-beyond-the-camera at the end of the video intentional?

Hahaha thanks I fixed the video. Good lord editing video is a massive pain! Never ever ever again
I will take everyone's advice and use real video editing software next time

Thanks for backing it! Yaaaaaaay! Yeah I'm the same most of the Kickstarter projects I back now are just digital...already have way too much physical stuff haha.

If I go the 200 can I get cookie monster stuff on the cover. I guess he sort of had a game but eh.

It can be whatever you like :)

Nice one Gaz, good luck 8)

Thanks! Feeling a bit better now than I did this morning.

It's not even that I'm afraid of failing. If the project fails there's a multitude of reasons - time, price, cost - that I can learn from for next time. I think the reason I'm so anxious about this is that I feel like I've done nothing for the past 6 months but study Kickstarter and today is my final exam :)

$10 games at Good Guys! $2 postage per order!

New Super Luigi U!
ZombieU!
LEGO Undercover 3DS!
Mario Kart DS!
Resistance 3!
Pokemon Black 1&2!
Kid Icarus!

Thanks for the heads up! I grabbed Kid Icarus, Sonic Generations 3DS and Kinect Sports
Just so I can grab some free games off Xbox Live lol Kinect

Already 25% there and it's not even been a day!

Absolutely crazy. I'm so grateful this hasn't been laughed out of the internet.
yet

Jintor

Finally worked. Got me another copy of Kid Icarus for my cousin's christmas present, Pokemon Black 2 so I can use the Pokebank, a $10 Layton game (WHAT) and Pikmin.

Site is imploding

I was up from like 5:30 today. This is what I get for not browsing gaf

edit: Managed to get Kid Icarus, Pokemon Black 2 and Zombie U

It looks like they're all out of Luigis

Man, launch day PS4's are going for $800+ on Ebay. If they didn't take so much in fees it would be mighty tempting to just sell mine, even though it's meant to be a Chrissy present.

jambo

My Kickstarter is now live oh god oh god oh god

Hahaha I mean I'm totally cool and not freaking out at all hahah all good here

BRB throwing up in the corner

Pledged $25, good luck!

$10 games at Good Guys! $2 postage per order!

New Super Luigi U!
ZombieU!
LEGO Undercover 3DS!
Mario Kart DS!
Resistance 3!
Pokemon Black 1&2!
Kid Icarus!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: The site is running like shit. Not loading anything or letting me add items to the Cart.

DOUBLE EDIT: heaps of stuff is selling out online.

I just spent like $150 on games from Good Guys, so no $475 PS4 even if they do come back into stock at Amazon!

Will wait for the AUD$400 mark. Even if it's from Amazon. Just gotta get a bargain lol

Also some fucker on OzBargain ordered 10 copies of Luigi U. Greedy fucker.

vvvvvvvvvvvv Whoops, forgot the 360 version link in my post above somehow :/

My impression is they are clearing EVERYTHING video games out. Almost every game they have up online is $10 now. Going to try and lurk the rest of the day to see if they clear out all the WiiU stuff for $10.

I hope so too. I managed to snag a Luigi, but want more Wii U games. It does seem strange that only Luigi would be $10 when games that were released earlier are still showing as full price. I would be a happy man if I could get Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 for that price.

Also, yeah, site got Ozbargained.

jambo

Woo! Congrats Gaz! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Looking forward to seeing that beaming smile at PAX next year again

:)

Rep, can you buy me Sonic Generations 3DS, Layton DS and Kid Icarus 3DS?

Site is broked for me, sounds like you had more luck. I can pay you back today.

God, Gaz, if I knew you had so many magazines I would've somehow given you mine when I got rid of them a few years ago. The collection wasn't anywhere near as big as yours. I bet they ended up in the bin after Blue Tongue were shut down.

Fusebox

Banned
PS4 impressions so far:

Console is awesome, quiet, small, controller is brilliant, Resogun is great fun, watching people play games on Playstation Live is stupidly addictive and entertaining.

I watched some good gamer finish Knack on hard, he had skills, it was surprisingly entertaining. ACIV looks brilliant, played the first 10 minutes last night at about 3am. Contrast is decent, Killzone and NFS Rivals are installed but I haven't checked them yet, will play them today. Can't believe how good the whole Live streaming thing is, especially for games I won't own like Marvel Lego (coz no invert look option) if you're making a bite to eat or having a quick chop it's like a new gaming TV channel.

PS4 launch successful!

Rep, can you buy me Sonic Generations 3DS, Layton DS and Kid Icarus 3DS?

Site is broked for me, sounds like you had more luck. I can pay you back today.

If I can get the site to load I'll let you know. Hasn't worked for the last 20 mins or so :(

He's dead Jim would be an appropriate GIF at this point. I don't think it will be back up.

jambo

If I can get the site to load I'll let you know. Hasn't worked for the last 20 mins or so :(

He's dead Jim would be an appropriate GIF at this point. I don't think it will be back up.

Well shit.

When it was working earlier I had a look at some local Adelaide stores and none of them had any stock for games I wanted.

=[

Top Bottom