• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fogz

shanshan310 said:
Amy really annoys me though, especially since they added that intro in with her narrating. Might as well call the show Amy Pond now -_-

I've only seen that intro when the episodes are aired on ABC though. They do seem pretty out of place.

The Vashta Narada are pretty cool. I love all of Stephen Moffat's bad guys :)

Choc said:
When the team won two premierships cheating the salary cap and blatently did it
That sounds more like an NRL problem if a team can get away with something like that if everyone knew it at the time. Retroactively taking away the premierships doesn't make up for the fact that another team should have held that cup that year then.

shanshan310 said:
Amy really annoys me though, especially since they added that intro in with her narrating. Might as well call the show Amy Pond now -_-
She is the only reason I know about current Doctor Who, very marketable. David Tennant is cool though.

Echoplx

Oh man, just noticed there's a firmware update for my router that allows traffic control, I can finally limit all them stupid guests :3

Yagharek

hamchan said:
I also wondered if the Weeping Angels could just be defeated by winking one eye, then winking the other. Eyes stay moistened, no need to blink!

Ive had this same idea. I think it would work.

Also second the vashta narada "love". Nasty enemy indeed, and we all know which character was also in that episode.

BTW melbourne storm suck shit. Cheats can GAGF.

Clipper

OK, did some more after Doctor Who and I think I'm done for the night. This is the SSD at the end of stage 3 at page 134 of 221.
photo-66.jpg

There's a lot of pieces in that back section. I'm amazed it holds itself up as each side is really only supported by half a dozen pieces or so.

photo-65.jpg

I'm also sick of the little hook pieces... although it seems I get a break from them for a while as stage 4 appears to mostly be the display stand.

Rezbit

Not that I know enough about NRL, but I can assume in Melbourne barely a single fuck was given. Really though, how do people feel about the entire country of New Zealand playing in the NRL grand final? I would find it very hard to be interested if there was a similar situation in the AFL.

Ydahs

Today was the first NRL game I watched all year.

Melbourne, I am dissapoint... Well, not really but would have been nice to see a win.

Tntnnbltn

Ever get the feeling that you accidentally entered a chat room where two people were trading Skype details with the intention of one of them broadcasting to the other the sexual assault of his son?

There was nothing explicit said like 'I am going to have sexual intercourse with a boy under the age of 16', but when the conversation is viewed in context that is what I feel like it was about. The guy even questioned twice "u not a cop".

The two people talking both said they live in New South Wales.

I took screenshots of the conversation, but I don't really know what to do with this information.

I feel really, really weirded out right now.

Edit: Crimestoppers has an online submission form that accepts attachments. Wicked.

Axiom

I'm too into Doctor Who. I stay up to 4 to watch the BBC broadcast live.

Tntnnbltn said:
Ever get the feeling that you accidentally entered a chat room where two people were trading Skype details with the intention of one of them broadcasting to the other the sexual assault of his son?

There was nothing explicit said like 'I am going to have sexual intercourse with a boy under the age of 16', but when the conversation is viewed in context that is what I feel like it was about. The guy even questioned twice "u not a cop".

I took screenshots of the conversation, but I don't really know what to do with this information.

If the information seems that concerning, report it. They were discussing it in a public forum and with the 'u not a cop' something likely illegal was going on regardless - and if it involves the sexual assault of a minor, even potentially, you don't want to risk it.

There's reading too much into things, but if it's left you with such unease then there's no harm in at least asking someone experienced in legal issues for some guidance.

Clipper

Tntnnbltn said:

Edit: Crimestoppers has an online submission form that accepts attachments. Wicked.
Just noticed your edit, but I was going to suggest you just call your local police line (not emergency) and I'm sure they'd hook you up. Crimestoppers should be just as good.

Tntnnbltn said:

What kind of twisted chat rooms do you visit? 0_o

In any case, you should most certainly take this information to the authorities.

Tntnnbltn said:
Regardless of whether it's what you thought it was, it sounds downright creepy.

Separate post for separate topic. I only started watching Dr Who because of Matt Smith's version of The Doctor. I tried a couple of times when Eccleston was the star but just couldn't sit through an episode.

After last season, I was able watch from the start of the 2005 series onwards. Smith seems to have brought a lot of new fans in. His portrayal of The Doctor is fantastic.

Dead Man

Tntnnbltn said:

Oh, just caught your edit. Yeah, probably for the best.

codswallop said:
Separate post for separate topic. I only started watching Dr Who because of Matt Smith's version of The Doctor. I tried a couple of times when Eccleston was the star but just couldn't sit through an episode.

After last season, I was able watch from the start of the 2005 series onwards. Smith seems to have brought a lot of new fans in. His portrayal of The Doctor is fantastic.

Wikipedia says Doctor Who has 30 odd seasons, starting from 1963? Where the hell do I begin watching... ?

jambo

codswallop said:

I went off Dr Who about 2-3 years ago, but started watching again with Matt Smith came on board and when Steven Moffat took over as lead writer and executive producer. The last 2 seasons have been brilliant.

DeathJr said:
Wikipedia says Doctor Who has 30 odd seasons, starting from 1963? Where the hell do I begin watching... ?

You can either start with the 2009 series with Matt Smith, or start with Eccleston in the 2005 series.

DeathJr said:
Great thing about Dr Who is you can pretty much start anywhere. Don't bother with the really old ones unless you're a really big fan.

Start either from 2005 (the current run), from season 5 of the 2005 run (aired in 2010), season 2 of the 2005 run (there are three different Doctors since 2005). Personally I started last year with season 5 and went back when I realised I liked it. David Tennant (2005 season 2, so from 2006) was a really popular Doctor, so those are my two recommendations.

Alternatively, find any episode since 2005 written by Stephen Moffat (the guy who is currently running the show since season 5) and watch those, as they're generally awesome and most are standalone ones.

Dead Man

codswallop said:
Great thing about Dr Who is you can pretty much start anywhere. Don't bother with the really old ones unless you're a really big fan.

Start either from 2005 (the current run), from season 5 of the 2005 run (aired in 2010), season 2 of the 2005 run (there are three different Doctors since 2005). Personally I started last year with season 5 and went back when I realised I liked it. David Tennant (2005 season 2, so from 2006) was a really popular Doctor, so those are my two recommendations.

Alternatively, find any episode since 2005 written by Stephen Moffat (the guy who is currently running the show since season 5) and watch those, as they're generally awesome and most are standalone ones.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! You start with the fourth doctor. You don't need to go back to the the third, but Pertwee was great. Then you skip the sixth and onwards, and start from 2005.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
shanshan310 said:
aww, how could you forget matt smith?

The Vashta Narada is the scariest episode I've seen. Even more so than the weeping angels.

QLD is overrun with racist bogans, food here is more expensive in my experience, people here are fatter, Sydney has better schools, Sydney has better nightlife and more things to do, and museums worth going to, good bands go there etc. :p

Still, there are a lot of things I like about Brisbane.

NO, don't you fucking hold that on the show.

that's the American version, so don't you EVER place anything negative on the show due to that.

BAD PERSON

BAD.

Dead Man said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! You start with the fourth doctor. You don't need to go back to the the third, but Pertwee was great. Then you skip the sixth and onwards, and start from 2005.
Actually, I've gone right back to the very start. His constant flubs, forgetting other character's names and "hmm"s are great. But I couldn't imagine trying to get into the show from these old episodes. The current series are a much better introduction.

r1chard

They should rename Doctor Who to The Twilight Zone. With Feeling.

What happened to exploring strange alien pyramids on other planets?

Clipper

Built the display stands. Had a minor disaster during the final stage of attaching them as I am almost certain there is a mistake in the instructions. Confirming that it was the instructions' mistake and mine resulted in a lot of pieces getting temporarily removed from the top of the structure and later needing to be reapplied. In any case, I went with my version (switching two similar pieces around) and it makes a lot more sense that way (jambo, if you read this, check p140-141 and tell me if you found that weird too). Anyway, here's how that makes it look:

photo-67.jpg

And here's the info on the sticker, for anyone interested:
photo-68.jpg

There's a little bit more left of stage 4, then I'll take another big break for the day.

Fogz

Dead Man said:

I actually like the 6th Doctor, he was just never given much of a chance on the shows. The books and audio plays featuring him are really good and the commentary tracks Colin Baker does for the old DVDs is amazing. He remembers every small detail from episodes he filmed 30 odd years ago.

Shaneus

Nothing like waking up with the world's worst hangover and realising you have an unopened packet of these:
4ib7a.jpg

Mmm... breakfast/lunch/dinner.

PS. Cheap Gunstringer? Damn, will have to buy.

Has anyone ever tried plugging both ends of a USB cable into the same computer? Nothing would probably happen, but it might be interesting...

Clipper, did you end up doing something for a timelapse of your build?

Clipper

Stage 4 of 7, p149 of 221 complete, which adds a removable section to cover the internal bridge:
photo-69.jpg

Might do a bit more later, but I have some backlog to work through now that my PS3 is back in commission.

codswallop said:
Has anyone ever tried plugging both ends of a USB cable into the same computer? Nothing would probably happen, but it might be interesting...
Nope, USB devices are typically either a master or a slave, and PCs are always masters (unless you buy a very special type of USB port). Routing a computer to itself via USB would be the same as routing to a different computer by USB. It'll just report there's no device detected as there's no slave.

Rezbit

Shaneus said:
Nothing like waking up with the world's worst hangover and realising you have an unopened packet of these:
4ib7a.jpg

Mmm... breakfast/lunch/dinner.

PS. Cheap Gunstringer? Damn, will have to buy.

Are they the same brand that has the chocolate coated ones too?

Shaneus

Yup. I believe DeathJr posted a pic of them last page. I just think that the chocolate messes with the jam/biscuit combo too much and kinda ruins it.

Jintor

r1chard said:
They should rename Doctor Who to The Twilight Zone. With Feeling.

What happened to exploring strange alien pyramids on other planets?

I’m really waiting for the inevitable Doctor Who musical episode.

Jintor said:
I’m really waiting for the inevitable Doctor Who musical episode.

You've been writing in Japanese, haven't you? :p

Jintor

Been using memrise, but I can’t figure out the keyboard shortcut to boot my language input straight to proper english instead of weird typeset japanese-english. I guess I could use the mouse, but I don’t want to :T

Shift-enter used to do it, but now it goes straight to this romaji english instead...

midonnay

إذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا المقال، أن طعم في الفم هو من كرات بلدي شعر. التمتع بها.

Tntnnbltn

midonnay said:
إذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا المقال، أن طعم في الفم هو من كرات بلدي شعر. التمتع بها.
This.

Top Bottom