• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Choc

Banned
it does raise an interesting point about fair trading and whether it should apply to COTD style sites

Brick and mortars are not allowed to advertise at a price which they think they cannot meet the demand or at least close to.

Its against fair trading law. I wonder what would happen if someone took a 129 3DS to Fair Trading if it really is only about 20.

Choc said:
3ds_tn.jpg

ps3_tn.jpg

tommorow
I posted this 2 days ago....

leca

Jintor said:
I blew all my money on PC parts

and forgot to get an optical drive

Is pretty straight forward to install Win7/similar from usb these days :)

I don't even have an optical drive in my HTPC.

Choc

Banned
DeathJr said:
I posted this 2 days ago....

I just can't fuckin win :)

edit:

Zynga’s latest quarterly financial filings, as reported by Gamasutra, reveal the Farmville and Mafia Wars publisher’s profits dropped year-on-year by 95 percent, from $27.2 million to $1.3 million.

LOL and it hasn't IPO'd yet

Worth 20 billion? Yeah good job US economists and analysts.....

Bigger than EA/SEGA/2K? riiiight.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
I blew all my money on PC parts

and forgot to get an optical drive

Yea you don't really need one these days. I'm sure you have a spare one floating around that you can use if you are desperate or are you using a laptop as your main rig?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Choc said:
I just can't fuckin win :)

edit:

Zynga’s latest quarterly financial filings, as reported by Gamasutra, reveal the Farmville and Mafia Wars publisher’s profits dropped year-on-year by 95 percent, from $27.2 million to $1.3 million.

They also spent a crap load more during that quarter expanding choc, it wasnt all doom and gloom

Fredescu

Choc said:

Their revenues increased. The profits went down because they invested a crapload back into the business.

elfinke

Jintor said:
Meh, I'll USB install tonight and see if that takes.

I'm just worried about drivers for my more esoteric instruments

Yeah I made a similar error - my DVDRW isn't SATA so isn't compatible with my new PC. A win7 install from a USB stick was super easy (and handily speedy compared to disc based install also) - format the USB stick and then I used a HP program to format it as a bootable drive then mounted my win7 disc and ripped it to the USB stick. Plenty of good guides which will set you straight.

My wireless keyboard and mouse worked throughout the install flawlessly, which was also a handy bonus.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey guys, I know a few of you use a service when buying in the US to have stuff shipped here because the place you're buying from won't ship here?

is there anything like that for europe?

Shaneus

jambo said:
Totally going to buy 10 Nerf Rifles and a gun rack :lol
stacy_gunrack_002_1196140713.jpg

"What am I going to do... with a gun rack?"

I know, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

elfinke said:
Mr Kogan, you so crazy/wily.

Also, is that a thinkgeek tie he is wearing that photo?
Kogan always just comes off to me as being the worlds biggest douche. Like those supernerds who look down upon everyone and think that they're everyone's intellectual superior. I probably would've dropped a fair wad of cash on the things he sells if he was somewhat likeable, too.

Clipper

HolyCheck said:
Hey guys, I know a few of you use a service when buying in the US to have stuff shipped here because the place you're buying from won't ship here?

is there anything like that for europe?
I found this site with Google. Looks legit, but I obviously can't vouch for them.

Choc

Banned
ahhahaahhahah oh news limited...

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told Clubs Australia to shut up, denying the AFL was working with the lobby group in its fight against the federal government's poker-machine reforms.

Demetriou said the so-called alliance between the AFL, NRL and Clubs Australia and reports that the football codes were planning to run television advertisements against mandatory pre-commitment technology for high-intensity pokies, were bemusing and untrue.

I've never spoken to anybody from Clubs Australia, I've never spoken to the NRL about this issue," Demetriou said today.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"The AFL is not involved in any campaign, it hasn't got the ads ready to go.
"The fellow from Clubs Australia, I don't even know his name, but please, stop talking on our behalf, just shut up, that'd be a good help."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...campaigners-20110926-1kt63.html#ixzz1Z2QS7uuQ

Dead Man

Choc said:
ahhahaahhahah oh news limited...

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told Clubs Australia to shut up, denying the AFL was working with the lobby group in its fight against the federal government's poker-machine reforms.

Demetriou said the so-called alliance between the AFL, NRL and Clubs Australia and reports that the football codes were planning to run television advertisements against mandatory pre-commitment technology for high-intensity pokies, were bemusing and untrue.

I've never spoken to anybody from Clubs Australia, I've never spoken to the NRL about this issue," Demetriou said today.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"The AFL is not involved in any campaign, it hasn't got the ads ready to go.
"The fellow from Clubs Australia, I don't even know his name, but please, stop talking on our behalf, just shut up, that'd be a good help."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...campaigners-20110926-1kt63.html#ixzz1Z2QS7uuQ
LOL
markot said:
For fucks sake. Fucking 'nutritional supplement' companies need to fuck off.

elfinke

Watching Demetriou say that during the conference was quite something. I'm glad it got reported on in full - it will make for a good 30sec soundbite across the news networks tonight.

As for the pharmaceutical guild/blackmore thing, just WTF. If I'm asked to try some vitamins when I go to pick up my prescription (insulin) because they 'might help with countering the side effects' I will dropkick my pharmacist in the throat.

>:/

Ive got original vinyls of Dark Side and Wish You Were here which are my favourites in my vinyl collection. Wish You Were Here is in my top 5 songs of all time. No interest in another rerelease though.

Gazunta

Yeah, I own a lot of Floyd on Vinyl, and I can't imagine spending money buying stuff I already own.

So who else is getting Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3?

jambo

They're releasing new vinyls as well, 180 gram heavyweight with all the original packaging and download codes for 320kbps mp3s.

zeTyZ.jpg

I know a few people who will be buying them to replace their old ones that are in bad condition.

Gazunta said:
Yeah, I own a lot of Street Fighter II, and I can readily imagine spending money buying stuff I already own 15 times.

Are you distributing them as well, Mr Diaz?

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Yeah, I own a lot of Floyd on Vinyl, and I can't imagine spending money buying stuff I already own.

I played MvC3 for about an hour, so probably not until it's $20.

I'm annoyed they went back to the disc-only model after SSF4: AE and once again invalidated an entire game less than a year after release. I would buy it as DLC in a flash but for the odd time I have someone over and we feel like playing MvC, vanilla will do just fine if they want me to buy a new disc copy.

I think I only have The Wall and Final Cut as far as Floyd on vinyl goes. Don't really listen to records that much anyway though, really only collect them in a "pick it up if I see something that interests me at a garage sale" kind of way. I picked up a purple copy of Nirvana's Bleach for pretty cheap once, which I understand is somewhat valuable (at least, relative to what I paid for it) and I have this Beatles box which is pretty boss.

Talking VIDEO GAMES for a second, by way of happy coincidence Final Fantasy IV Complete and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep arrived today, and I also happened to beat Dragon Quest 9 today (which was pretty neat I guess, but my least favourite of the three I've played through in the series so far).

Top Bottom