• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fredescu

Jintor said:
Windows 7 Home Premium Full
Full

Buy Download
AU$299.00

nope_avi_by_nopedotaviplz.png
For $267 (http://www.betterit.com.au/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=172089) you get multiple copies of every version of Windows, Office and other Apps, Server products, and all sorts of shit. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx

Shaneus said:
You and reptile can both fuck off and have something unpleasant happen to you! Disappointment by your description of the product. That is not to say that your description was lacking but the materials that you described were of a lower grade than what would have been expected.

reptilescorpio said:
Come on dude! Only $38! Won't get much cheaper than that!
Hmmmm... maybe I will pick it up...

reptilescorpio said:
Might hit $28 in another 6 months time
Way to support your previous statement! Pffffft, idiot! Order cancelled!

reptilescorpio said:
but it just dropped from around $50 to $38
That's what I like to hear.

reptilescorpio said:
so you might as well bite while there aren't any big releases for a few weeks!
Seriously, though, I'm going to wait. I'm actually at that stage in my backlog where it doesn't make sense to buy anything unless it is super-duper-so-sweet-you-cannah-resist-that-price price. I've bought multiple games at around $40 that have then dropped to around $20 and I'm still nowhere near to playing them. There may be a time where I'm ready to buy it and I find that it's out of print or become super-rare. At that stage I'll hopefully just shrug my shoulders and just pick another game off of the neverending backlog.

Nothing against the game, it's just that I need to start playing the games I've already paid for I start buying more (unless I see a super-duper-so-sweet-you-cannah-resist-that-price price). I'm so committed to this that I'm not even buying the Ico/Shadow collection yet. I still haven't played the Sly one that i got a year ago, so...

reptilescorpio said:
Also I got Bastion before you and I ordered after you, bahahahahha!
I didn't need another reason to despise you...
:)

Shaneus

Well, shit. Despite my relatively solid "backlog" reasoning for skipping SotD (for now) I'm still tempted to buy ODST and Shadow and the Colossus/Ico pack. WTF is wrong with me?

Rhetorical question. Nobody (especially Vince, reptile or Jase) answer that.

Ps. Totally rocking out to "Together in Electric Dreams" on the train to work. So sue me.

Gazunta

Clive nope it's not a game I'm working with, I am just HYYYYYYYPE for UMvC3.

Going through my traffic stats for the month, I find that comics featuring girls with big boobs are popular on the internet. Oh well time to draw more Presidog then!

Gazunta said:
big boobs are popular on the internet
Fixed.

Shaneus said:
Well, shit. Despite my relatively solid "backlog" reasoning for skipping SotD (for now) I'm still tempted to buy ODST and Shadow and the Colossus/Ico pack. WTF is wrong with me?
Stay strong. Together we can not buy Ico/Shadow together!

Omikron

Damn work. Back to the grindstone so fast. :(

Edit: Anyone listened to Grace for Drowning by Steven Wilson yet?

Edit2: Why you no let me track my order anymore Amazon. FFS. Doesn't appear in any of my order history.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The red cross are out in force today to try and get some monthly donations for kids without breakfast or some shit.

They got me for $20 a month. I realized after that it is tax deductible so that should help me reduce the cost I owe the tax dept every year I earn interest. Hopefully will come in handy for next years tax.

So watch out if you dont want to give out any cash. These were at the train station.

Think of the children!

evlcookie said:
The red cross are out in force today to try and get some monthly donations for kids without breakfast or some shit.

They got me for $20 a month. I realized after that it is tax deductible so that should help me reduce the cost I owe the tax dept every year I earn interest. Hopefully will come in handy for next years tax.

So watch out if you dont want to give out any cash. These were at the train station.

Think of the children!

How attractive was the girl who asked you? Must have been a stunner.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fappenmeister said:

Haha, Na she wasn't all that amazing. I've never donated so why not do it and then claim it back as tax, Fuck yea.

I'm terrible at talking about myself though. She was like, so what's your hobbies and I go, Um just a nerd, gamer guy. So what games are you playing, ah yea stuff. That was about as deep and awesome as the conversation got apart from her trying to sell me shit.

Does anyone else here have difficulty in talking about what the heck they are actually into hobby wise? Or do you skip over it most of the time and try talk about something else ?

Choc

Banned
aching all over feel like my stomach is doing summersaults

sigh

also

walked past kookas yesterday and almost purchased htem, maybe next time

evlcookie said:
Does anyone else here have difficulty in talking about what the heck they are actually into hobby wise? Or do you skip over it most of the time and try talk about something else ?

Not really, I go into detail if they seem genuinely interested, if it's stupid small talk then I am a brick wall. Or I get indignant when they ask in a condescending manner and start providing sarcastic or stupid comments of my own.

Case in point, someone asked what tshirt I was wearing in an annoying manner, so I replied that it was a country bebop band and walked off.

Choc

Banned
fappenmeister said:
Not really, I go into detail if they seem genuinely interested, if it's stupid small talk then I am a brick wall. Or I get indignant when they ask in a condescending manner and start being sarcastic.

but fap eats baby food so....

Shaneus

fappenmeister said:
I donate $15/month to them from a few years back. But damnit, she was kinda cute and had a cute English/Irish-hybrid accent.

I'm not made of stone!

Choc

Banned
"I'm a very happy little vegemite being Prime Minister ... being Foreign Minister of Australia," he told ABC Central West in Orange, NSW, today.

"You've caught me getting off the plane, jet lag."

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

He is so gonna challenge

Choc

Banned
ausgaf is not good for waist lines, especially thanks to fap

bloody that dream chocolate, now kooka cookies, bloody those other creamies things and what is this gerber egg thing?

sounds aight

Jintor

So I realised that that 20gb ssd that came inbuilt on my motherboard was too small to hold a 64-bit Windows 7 OS anyway, so I'll go get a proper SSD before I updgrade I guess.

In the meantime, install everything on the HDD, woo

midonnay

Choc said:
"I'm a very happy little vegemite being Prime Minister ... being Foreign Minister of Australia," he told ABC Central West in Orange, NSW, today.

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

He is so gonna challenge

oh shit ....he didn't...

the coalition is going to have field day

Kritz

Banned
It's been 16 hours since the last breaking bad episode and I still can't stop thinking about it. Shit be fucking crazy. People not watching this show need to be. Best television since The Wire.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mine was english as well!

Going into any detail, Even great about what i'm playing makes me feel really fucking uneasy, like I shouldn't be doing this. Ashamed of what I am and what i'm interested in I guess is the best way to put it. If only i knew how to play guitar I could just turn around and be like, Oh yea i love to shred baby woo! Instead of, I love to play team fortress 2 on the weekends baby, yea!

Also that uncharted footage looked pretty darn good. Guess i will have to pre-order from that ozgame as well.

It really is gaming season, what can I hold out for ack!

Gazunta

99.99% of the time if you say you're playing Mario Kart she'll be all OHHH I LOVE MARIO KART

nobody in AusGAF actually plays Mario Kart

midonnay

Kritz said:
It's been 16 hours since the last breaking bad episode and I still can't stop thinking about it. Shit be fucking crazy. People not watching this show need to be. Best television since The Wire.

and there is still two episodes to go in the season @_@

who knows what shit is going to go down....

Gazunta said:
99.99% of the time if you say you're playing Mario Kart she'll be all OHHH I LOVE MARIO KART

nobody in AusGAF actually plays Mario Kart
My wife insisted we buy Super Mario Kart from Super Potato in Akihabara, but then refused to spend the extra couple of bucks to get it boxed with the manual.

Edit: Also - http://flic.kr/p/aqyW8A

DeathJr said:
Ebay, most deals are $500-550.
Ahh OK. For some reason I can't bring myself to make large-ish purchases over eBay.

Gazunta

CTR is the best kart racer of that generation no two ways about it.

I also highly, highly recommend Muppet Kart Racing by Traveller's Tales, which came out at the very tail end of the PS1's life cycle and nobody gave a shit about PS1 games any more. It was really well done and friendly and full of Muppetty goodness. I ended up basing a lot of how the dialogue works in Piñata Party Animals on it.

elfinke

Choc said:

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

He is so gonna challenge

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...et-lag-for-gaffe/story-fn3dxity-1226147562235

FOREIGN Minister Kevin Rudd has blamed jet lag for an unfortunate gaffe during a radio interview.

There has been speculation Mr Rudd is planning a leadership bid amid dire opinion polling of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's performance.

Mr Rudd said he "fully supported the prime minister" but did not use Ms Gillard's name.

The former prime minister will visit Condobolin in central western NSW today to attend an indigenous event.

Amazing. What a gaf
fe

jambo

My Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box set finally came today.

Fapp, Fogz, you guys have to get this shit. It's amazing!

Choc said:
so the two new iphones are out next week

hmm

says who?

There's going to be an announcement on October 4 (and that's still just a rumour, no confirmation) so it won't be out for a few weeks after that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea the phones won't be out next week, The announcement should be and that's about it. I would expect the phones to land mid to late october unless something goes wrong.

Everyone is taking an expression of interest like that vodaphone link choc posted yesterday.

Top Bottom