• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor said:
None of you are hype enough!

Hard to be hype on an incremental update to a game releasing less than a year after I bought it. Might pick it up once it's cheap for Phoenix and Firebrand, but am otherwise happy with what I have.

Jintor said:
I'm so hyped for UMVC3. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Holding out for UMVC3AE ;)

Also pop quiz hotshots! I have a canvas photo that I want to send to NZ. How do I get it there in a matter that avoids it being damaged. It is a precious memory kind of present so it isn't worth much money but would prefer it not to be damaged. It is a small print, 8" x 10" and weighs barely anything. What do I do? What do I do?

hamchan

Worthintendo said:
I want to buy it, but I have the feeling that they'll bring out another one after that and I'll feel upset I didn't wait for that.
Yep they sure will. It'll probably be DLC and ruin the balance of the game.

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
Ah sorry forgot to say that it is a canvas print on a frame so rolling it up is out of the question.

Ah I see, all I read was 'photo'

I've never really had to ship something like that, maybe just a lot of bubble wrap in a sturdy box?

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
Why would I waste my hype on that game?

Box of Bunnies said:
Hard to be hype on an incremental update to a game releasing less than a year after I bought it. Might pick it up once it's cheap for Phoenix and Firebrand, but am otherwise happy with what I have.

reptilescorpio said:
Holding out for UMVC3AE ;)

How will you follow all those UMvC3 Tournie threads if you don't have UMvC3 in your very haaaaaaands?

leca

Hopefully I can make this type of post/heads up for Australian gamers a bit more frequent :).

We are giving away 10 copies of Trackmania 2 over at Games On Net, competition closes pretty soon (29th).

http://games.on.net/article/13790/Win_a_Copy_of_Trackmania_2

Thanks to Ubisoft, here at games.on.net we have 10 copies of the very awesome TrackMania 2: Canyon to give away to some lucky readers. But how do you enter? Good question! Read on to find out.

To enter this competition, you'll need to take (or get someone else to take for you) a pimping photograph of you with your car and post it in the comment thread for this article. The composition of the photograph is completely up to you (although please, wear clothes), but no Photoshopping allowed.

However, since we have to be sure you actually took these photos and didn't just steal them from the internet, you'll need to be holding up a sign that says "TrackMania!!!", clearly visible, in the photograph. Sounds easy enough? Excellent!

The competition opens now, and will run until 11:59PM on next Thursday the 29th, so get cracking on those photographs! The ten most creative and well-constructed entries will win the prizes. Full terms and conditions on the next page!

Still on the fence about TrackMania 2? Read our review right here!

I'm looking to get a dedicated server running within the next week or two for the Australian TM2 community, but Battlefield 3 beta/launch/server preparation is keeping us busy. I'll keep people updated on that one anyway :).

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
Victoria police hiring! 940 applications to fill.

A great opportunity to risk your life and not get paid.

Must be willing to accept bribes, ignore certain criminal figures and sign an agreement to share any profits from licensing your likeness as a prominent character in television shows featuring dramatisations of your exploits.

Integrity optional.

RandomVince said:
Must be willing to accept bribes, ignore certain criminal figures and sign an agreement to share any profits from licensing your likeness as a prominent character in television shows featuring dramatisations of your exploits.

Integrity optional.
The stories my boss, who used to be a cop in the 80's and 90's, has told me leads me to believe this is a pretty correct statement for a portion of the police force which was a bit more widespread than I expected.

Also OzGameShop has a special deal only lasting another 108 hours on a 6570 for only $63 if you need a low profile card!!! Probably!!!
Hopefully this is a sign that they are getting into the business of flipping stuff they find for cheap.

Also someone was talking about Shadows of the Damned today. $38!!! Buy the damn thing everyone!!! If you like Resident Evil 4 and Suda atmosphere you will maybe love it!!!

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
The stories my boss, who used to be a cop in the 80's and 90's, has told me leads me to believe this is a pretty correct statement for a portion of the police force which was a bit more widespread than I expected.

I know exactly what you mean. To me, the one damning piece of evidence is the refusal of the Vic Police to submit to an inquiry a la NSW, especially when there are apparent cause for concern (ie the complete ineptness and seeming condoning of the 'gangland wars').

I don't expect everyone in there is corrupt, just a significant number with clout. Like the catholic church covering up for, protecting and enabling rockspiders, the vic police probably has similar rates of corruption. Not (hopefully) the majority, but far and away more than is acceptable.

As a result, very few people have confidence in their integrity as an organisation.

Jintor said:
Goddamnit scorps you are a goddamn shill aren't you? *shakes fist*
M1.png

Dead Man

leca said:
Hopefully I can make this type of post/heads up for Australian gamers a bit more frequent :).

We are giving away 10 copies of Trackmania 2 over at Games On Net, competition closes pretty soon (29th).

http://games.on.net/article/13790/Win_a_Copy_of_Trackmania_2

I'm looking to get a dedicated server running within the next week or two for the Australian TM2 community, but Battlefield 3 beta/launch/server preparation is keeping us busy. I'll keep people updated on that one anyway :).
My car is so ugly at the moment I might enter and hope for a pity vote!

Jintor

Ahhhhhh, there's nothing quite like digging around in your CMOS for an hour to find the right option to change so Windows will fucking let you install from a USB drive instead of insisting that all the drives here DON'T EXIST.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DeathJr said:
I'd rather buy Resident Evil 4 HD. SotD is a rental game at best.

Urge...to ban...rising...

roosters93 said:
Just watched the first episode of Archer S1. Was pretty cool ay
It gets much, much better. Even though even the worst episodes are still damn funny. Any episode where Archer spends all his attention on pop culture references rather than helping out is solid gold

DeathJr said:
I'd rather buy Resident Evil 4 HD. SotD is a rental game at best.
But SotD is new and fresh! I love me some Resi4 but I've played it so many damn times now and the Wii version was great to experience the new controls but I don't think I can own 5 damn copies of the game (also have the iPhone version but that doesn't count). Look!
resident_evil_4_box_pal.jpg
Game-Cheats-And-Codes.jpg
1458849-re4_pc_super.jpg
re4wii_pal.jpg
re-revival-selection-cover.jpg

Not to mention...
g41534dybdd.jpg
mzi.bnrduitl.175x175-75.jpg
zeebore4.jpg

Jintor

Yessssss and I have a PS3 now!

But oh no maybe some review code for much-anticipated games coming my way

whatever shall i do

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also someone was talking about Shadows of the Damned today. $38!!! Buy the damn thing everyone!!! If you like Resident Evil 4 and Suda atmosphere you will maybe love it!!!
I would, but sadly I'm going to hold off because I know exactly how long it took for Vanquish to price bomba even further... "not long" is the answer. I'm holding out for $30 at most.

elfinke

That sevenforum is more or less the exact set of instructions i followed. The dos prompts didn't work 100% as those instructions set out but it didn't affect the USB install at all.

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
How so? As long as you have a USB drive it's easy, and quicker actually.

reptilescorpio said:
Works just as well with a thumb drive, installs even quicker than from a DVD too. Give this one a shot, can't find the step-by-step I used last time but a quick google will find tons of them.

Or this one.

See, I only have Vista 32-bit DVDs lying around the house. I need to buy Windows 7 64-bit and then put it on a USB thingy.

/edit and for some fucking reason Microsoft.au only sells upgrades at student price, not actual copies of Windows 7.

I think I'll just suck it up though...

Shaneus

Oh, by the way:
dPxWW.jpg

Excite, but the cover is basically a CD envelope (I dare not call it a "cover") with the thickness of a birthday card and was shipped in a bubble-wrap envelope without any thick cardboard to protect it. So, naturally, it has a crease in it that will be a right cunt to get out, if that's at all possible.

You'd really think that both the cover and the envelope used would've been of higher quality than it is :/

Shaneus said:
I would, but sadly I'm going to hold off because I know exactly how long it took for Vanquish to price bomba even further... "not long" is the answer. I'm holding out for $30 at most.
Come on dude! Only $38! Won't get much cheaper than that! Might hit $28 in another 6 months time but it just dropped from around $50 to $38 so you might as well bite while there aren't any big releases for a few weeks!
Also I got Bastion before you and I ordered after you, bahahahahha!

Jintor said:
Microsoft.au only sells upgrades at student price, not actual copies of Windows 7.
I have only ever used an upgrade disc of Win7, lost my copy of XP long, long ago but googlefu will give you more details on how to get around it.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
I have only ever used an upgrade disc of Win7, lost my copy of XP long, long ago but googlefu will give you more details on how to get around it.

Is there a way to bypass the need to have a 64-bit system to upgrade to a 64-bit system? :T I'm pretty sure the system platform won't goddamn allow it. This blows chunks.

I'll nut it with 32-bit Vista until I get an optical drive to install 64-bit 7 from, I guess. Urgh.

Jintor said:
Is there a way to bypass the need to have a 64-bit system to upgrade to a 64-bit system? :T
...what? I went from Win XP 32bit to Win7 64bit no problem. Don't 99% of systems now support x64?

Edit: In that mountain of tech that got dumped around you today there must be an external DVD drive somewhere if you want to give the optical route a shot.

Also Shaneus is a poopyhead. :(
I can buy whatever I want! (as long as I have it delivered to work and smuggle it into the house without anyone noticing and deleting the purchase emails as soon as they hit my gmail account so they don't show up on the TouchPad while the gf is browsing on the couch and notices the notification that one of the gmail accounts has mail)...

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Come on dude! Only $38! Won't get much cheaper than that! Might hit $28 in another 6 months time but it just dropped from around $50 to $38 so you might as well bite while there aren't any big releases for a few weeks!
Backlog. I also haven't finished (yup, first playthrough) of Vanquish. I know, right?

Also I got Bastion before you and I ordered after you, bahahahahha!
I can buy as many games as I want and don't need permission from anybody to do so :p

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
...what? I went from Win XP 32bit to Win7 64bit no problem. Don't 99% of systems now support x64?

...everywhere I've looked says you can't upgrade from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system, it needs to be a clean install.

Actually we do have an external DVD drive somewhere around here if memory serves me correctly...

Top Bottom