• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fredescu

BaptistBlacktick said:
Very much so. Caught the reunion tour last year and was filling up a bit (although the band displayed no such emotion).
I didn't see the reunion tour, but when I've seen them play in the past they weren't terribly emotional. Except Ibold who seems to have a permanent smile.

I did see Sebadoh last week.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ydahs said:
Hmm, I guess I'll buy Skywards Sword locally and import Super Mario 3D Land. With some luck Mario might arrive before December.

Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword and Super Mario all in a month. Wow.

I ordered Pacman Dimensions from OzGameShop as a test, that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Fuck that.

Omi said:
Yeah, its pretty depressing. We are so glad we got in when we did, even if we perhaps paid slightly over the odds at the time, all good now really as we have smashed the mortgage down and hope to upgrade in 12-18 months I think.
Depressing, indeed. We're paying a pretty low price for where we're renting, so the idea of paying three times what we're paying and still not being able to really afford anything is pretty frustrating.

The alternative I guess is just to rent forever and use the extra money to either save or just fritter it away (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that).

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
Considering how little I have found about the game you may be the first person to write a review. The lack of information that was released has lead me to believe it will be shit. Otherwise why release a game out to die with no hype?

There's a let's play of the game up, looks interesting but not sure if I would pay 40$

http://youtu.be/gg8NsgL2lVA

Ydahs

DeathJr said:
How can you forget Skyrim?
Too many unplayed games on my Steam account. Don't need another.
VOOK said:
I ordered Pacman Dimensions from OzGameShop as a test, that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Fuck that.
It's been hit or miss when pre-ordering from TheHut. Zelda 3DS arrived in around a week while Xenoblade arrived in three.

I can wait a couple of weeks for Mario since Zelda and Uncharted will take up lots of my time and I can only get started on those after exams. Money's also an issue :|

VOOK

Ydahs said:
I can wait a couple of weeks for Mario since Zelda and Uncharted will take up lots of my time and I can only get started on those after exams. Money's also an issue :|

Too much of a gamble for me I'm afraid. I'll also have Uncharted and such too.

Also Skyrim can go give one

jambo said:
"On page ###
Dicks, dicks everywhere.
"
Again, I'm reading a paperback omnibus edition of a book that was originally released in two parts. For you, page ### might mean
dicks, dicks everywhere
but for me it might mean
bosoms, bosoms everywhere
. Or the page number I quote is so high, it makes no sense.

Fusebox

Banned
Same here, I'm reading it in the 4-book ebook collection so page numbers have no bearing on the actual books, but then I would have posted my spoilers in the actual GOT thread instead of dragging it into here anyway...

markot

Banned
DeathJr said:
Obsidian fucked up Kotor2 and NWN2.
Hah, the publishers did, not Obsidian. They were forced to release unready products >.<

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.

Its been nearly 16 hours of 29/9 AND STILL NO BF3 BETA? GG EA Or should I say SLOWPOKEA!

Fusebox said:
Same here, I'm reading it in the 4-book ebook collection so page numbers have no bearing on the actual books, but then I would have posted my spoilers in the actual GOT thread instead of dragging it into here anyway...
Two things: 1) Stuff from pre-ADwD books is spoiled in those threads all the time. 2) I'm scared to go in there again

hamchan

DeathJr said:
You must be insane, I've put more than 300 hours in that game.

Oblivion sucking is a pretty popular opinion around GAF, so watch who you're calling insane.

I'm alright with the game but Morrowind was much better than it.

jambo said:
Dammit, neither of the comic stores in town had Aquaman, surprise sell out. I also got the last copy of Superman in Adelaide!

DCs strategy seems to be working for now, people are lapping it up.
Comic fans buying up #1s in droves? My my, how things have changed...

Deeku

I thought Oblivion was great since it was my first Wrpg.

Also, wtf it seems I can't multiplayer 4 swords with a 3ds and dsi:(

My verdict on Kooka's Country Cookies. Nice but not mindblowing. I prefer the plain raspberry over the choc raspberry ones.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of jam to begin with. I only ever have it with scones.
No jam toast or PB&J sandwiches for me thanks.

VOOK

commanderdeek said:
I thought Oblivion was great since it was my first Wrpg.

Also, wtf it seems I can't multiplayer 4 swords with a 3ds and dsi:(
It's region locked.

Ydahs

NeoGAF AFL Finals Tipping

NeoGAF AFL Finals Preference [ THE PIES OR THE CATS? ]

OFFICIAL AFL THREAD - It'd be much easier for me to track your tips/prefs if you post it in there.

NEOGAF AFL FINALS TIPPING LEADER BOARD

3/3
Ydahs +72 [GEE, WCE, CAR]
fisheyes +84 [GEE, WCE, SYD]
Shiwasu +93 [COL, HAW, CAR]
jambo +101 [COL, WCE, CAR]

2/3
RandomVince +37 [HAW, WCE, COL]
Dead Man +71 [GEE, WCE, STK]
HolyCheck +108 [COL, WCE, ESS]

1/3
Andiie +129 [COL, SYD, STK]
reptilescorpio +135 [GEE, SYD, HAW]

0/3
Nickovic +35 [HAW]
theb0xmIke +67 [ESS]
chicko1983 +77 [ESS]
Kerrby + 148 [WCE]

The following MUST tip Geelong -
Shiwasu
Jambo
RandomVince
HolyCheck
Andiie

The following MUST tip Collingwood -
fisheyes
reptilescorpio
Ydahs
Dead Man

hamchan said:
Oblivion sucking is a pretty popular opinion around GAF, so watch who you're calling insane.

I'm alright with the game but Morrowind was much better than it.
Off course, morowind was a gem. But oblivion was damn good too....and Skyrim will be better than both.

Choc

Banned
maybe RIM should be suing Amazon

fire-playbook-2011-09-28-600-5.jpg

The fire looks just like the playbook

Omikron

DeathJr said:
Off course, morowind was a gem. But oblivion was damn good too....and Skyrim will be better than both.

I have 0 idea how people can state this sort of stuff. Yet you see it all the time. Sigh :)

elfinke

jambo said:
Also Fallout NV > Fallout 3

I was going to post something to this effect (I disliked F3 alot), but haven't given NV the time of day either, really. It's icon on the desktop mocks me whenever I firer the computer up.

Shaneus

Cohsae said:
Oblivion was a great RPG
for people who had never played an RPG.
Eh, I never got into it at all and I'm not a big fan of RPGs. Heard the hype, bought it cold and returned it after about a week of playing it and 6 months of not.

Choc said:
well thats why apples suing samsung! look and feel. The one on the left is the playbook
Surely there are also hardware or UI reasons for it, too?

Otherwise the company that designed the modern fridge should sue everyone for copying it. Yeah, you know that whole split-door on the front thing? Yep, that's me. Pay up.

Deeku

Choc said:
well thats why apples suing samsung! look and feel. The one on the left is the playbook
Aren't they suing because of a patent infringement? I don't think it's as simple as look and feel.

Omikron

commanderdeek said:
Aren't they suing because of a patent infringement? I don't think it's as simple as look and feel.

Apple have a lot of patents on UI interactions and end user experience type things... soooo....

DeathJr said:
Wait, you're serious?

NWN2 is better than NWN purely based on the trial and the fortress management. If the first act was shorter it would be superb.

Also, MotB >> NWN2 (Vanilla) > NWN.

FO: NV >>> FO3, even with its lack of Liam Neeson.

On the Oblivion point, I just didn't like how the game was designed around fast travel, and I really didn't like that you had all the major cities pre-discovered. The loading screens on entering cities was a little bit annoying, but it was the fast travel that frustrated me the most.

Next Gen on Bluray. Oh My. Paramount, please do that to TNG, DS9, and release Enterprise (which I believe has at least one season as HD and that will be everything. And the Animated series. Pretty sure I've forgotten nothing worthing remembering. Pretty sure.

It will be the third time I've bought the TNG series (VHS, DVD and now Bluray).

Oblivion was decent as an early 360 title for me but I didn't get too into it before selling it. I much prefer more scifi RPG's like Fallout, Mass Effect, KOTOR and now DE:HR. I'll get Skyrim, but cheaply early next year along with AC:Revelations, Batman, since there's Zelda, BF3, CoD and UC3 eating up my game time. Maybe Rage in there somewhere.

jambo

DeathJr said:
Wait, you're serious?

The MP in NWN is pretty great, but the SP campaign is terrible. The Neverwinter Academy was a stupid idea, didn't make any sense. Having no party was another bad idea. The interface in NWN2 is also a lot better.

And in the end I'd rather play BG2.

Shaneus

So TNG *is* coming out on BR? I've never watched an episode of TNG before (with the odd exception of when I stayed up late on a school night to watch it on TV) but I would probably buy a BR rerelease of the series.

Gazunta

id

So guys, has anyone here been to a gaming tournament in Australia?

eagerly awaits Choc's somewhat accurate analysis of what I'm up to

Top Bottom