• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

So I'm reading ASoS (ASoIaF) and
holy shit, someone just poisoned Joffrey! More than likely what happened is that someone was trying to poison Tyrion (I suspect Cersei) but the bloody fool went and ate Tyrion's pie right off his plate. I couldn't read anymore since it was the end of my lunch hour, but that shocked me even more than the events of the Red Wedding.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
I grew up in Frankston, so I know what it's like living miles away from anywhere, and in a shithole town to boot.

Edit: Before you start, I also lived in Leongatha for a few years, so I know what it's like living in a real nowhere town...

If i look at the money i have and buying a house as a single person, I would probably have to live in crannie / pakenham in a house and land joint. I live near dandenong at the moment which makes it a super bitch to get to the city and back, it's the main reason why i cbf going to concerts or out in general. Plus i'm anti-social and lazy!

VOOK said:
Oh yeah and I only found those release dates because a reader sent me a email, no PR from Nintendo, no update on their news part of their site. No nothing. It's like they don't even care?
They don't give a shit about our crappy little island. They blame us for the failure of the Gamecube and all those 3rd party developers ignoring the Wii. Plus a few of us buy Sony and Microsoft games so we are heathens.

Jintor said:
128GB Crucial M4. Ended up borrowing cash off my dad to get it today :T
Good man, can't wait to get one myself. How are the access speeds? I wonder if Source games would run better on SSD.

codswallop said:
LA Noire on PC, eh? Does anyone care any more?
The hype evaporated and shitstorm spread out of Team Bondi. Will buy at around $30 to support Aussie gaming but not to support shitty work practises.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Does anyone else secretly think that the possibility of the PSV becoming a PS3 port machine can only be a good thing? I haven't played a game on my consoles in months.
I'm excited for a wider range of handheld gaming games. Lots of potential packed into that little PSV.

Here's Bolt on Larissa Behrendt: "She's won many positions and honours as an Aborigine, including the David Unaipon Award for Indigenous Writers, and is often interviewed demanding special rights for 'my people'. But which people are 'yours', exactly, mein liebchen? And isn't it bizarre to demand laws to give you more rights as a white Aborigine than your own white dad?"
What the fuck is this? Can he seriously write shit like this? Is this accepted by the people who guide the way that our media conducts itself?
tumblr_l1wsx1R94S1qzmowao1_500.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I'm reading ASoS (ASoIaF) and
holy shit, someone just poisoned Joffrey! More than likely what happened is that someone was trying to poison Tyrion (I suspect Cersei) but the bloody fool went and ate Tyrion's pie right off his plate. I couldn't read anymore since it was the end of my lunch hour, but that shocked me even more than the events of the Red Wedding.

what. i shouldn't have checked those spoilers. I thought you were behind me haha.

wooo!

evlcookie said:
If i look at the money i have and buying a house as a single person, I would probably have to live in crannie / pakenham in a house and land joint. I live near dandenong at the moment which makes it a super bitch to get to the city and back, it's the main reason why i cbf going to concerts or out in general. Plus i'm anti-social and lazy!
I'm thinking about the same thing.

Frankly, it's really a choice between living in a nice area and renting, or owning a place and living somewhere not as nice. Owning a home in Australia is still considered a target of being an adult, so I guess that's something. In Europe many either rent or lease their whole lives and no one bats an eyelid.

Deeku

FUUUUUU, I have the spoiler hover thing unchecked in setmefree but it's still on!!!!!!

Luckily I only saw "holy shit" but still, it could have been 2 spoilers in 2 days!!!:/

Choc

Banned
so how long until Apple sues Amazon, it kinda looks like an ipad :p

oh wait, Amazon is probably to big to be fucked over by apple

jambo

commanderdeek said:
FUUUUUU, I have the spoiler hover thing unchecked in setmefree but it's still on!!!!!!

Luckily I only saw "holy shit" but still, it could have been 2 spoilers in 2 days!!!:/

Same, I have it unchecked, but spoilers still show if I hover over them =\

Yagharek

Fuck the footy finals this week, I'm going to have to read ASoS, AFfC and ADwD so you bastards and grandbastards don't spoil me by mistake.

What Wii ports are you referring to?
I wish the 3DS had more Wii ports, would love to see games like A Boy and His Blob, Sin & Punishment 2 or No More Heroes get ported to the 3DS. Plus it would mean you know actual games on the system and not waiting on one game a month. That said things are about to pick up for the next few months so yay for that.

ClivePwned said:
Hmmmm. I really want Mario, but if I get a 3DS, I'm waiting for the inevitable revision with the two sticks.

I do have a Wii so I know what game I am playing though December.

The only way I'd get a 3DS sooner than a revision is if I have to go on a long trip for some reason. or if cheap enough.
The main reason I'd tell someone to wait for the next version of the 3DS is due to the screen scratching, if not for that I'd be perfectly happy with my 3DS. Those Scratches on the top screen from the bottom screen are soo annoying at times.

Deeku

Choc said:
so how long until Apple sues Amazon, it kinda looks like an ipad :p

oh wait, Amazon is probably to big to be fucked over by apple
Well, Apple does have a massive war chest of cash.

elfinke

Worthintendo said:
I wish the 3DS had more Wii ports, would love to see games like A Boy and His Blob, Sin & Punishment 2 or No More Heroes get ported to the 3DS.

I hadn't thought about it previous to now, but you know what? If S&P was ported/GamesonDemand'd/whatever to the 3DS with 3d implemented correctly as a selling point, I'd bite. I'd be in.

Omikron

codswallop said:
Anyone living in Greensborough/Macleod/Lower Plenty/Viewbank area? Do you like it? I'm living in Glen Waverley and would prefer somewhere closer to the city, but I'd rather simply pay less even if that meant being a bit further out. But I don't want to live somewhere like Werribee, Frankston, Naree Warren so it doesn't seem too bad compared to them.

Live in Greensborough, is alright for the burbs I guess, I like being able to get out to the sticks easily for farmers markets and such. Used to live in Viewbank, which is nicer due to actually being pretty close to the city (25mins in light traffic on weekends) and close proximity to Heidelberg as well as having the wetlands pretty close by as well.

Jintor said:
Anyway...

The SSD and Optical Drive I ordered yesterday arrived this morning and I installed them both (although I still need to tinker with the optical drive to get it working).

All these Madman anime came in today - Big O Collection, GiTS Individual 11 and FMP 1 and Fumoffu.

I have UMvC3 preview code.

Batman code arrives Tuesday.

I'm reviewing AssCreed:Rev.

Awesome.
You work for PalGN?

elfinke said:
I hadn't thought about it previous to now, but you know what? If S&P was ported/GamesonDemand'd/whatever to the 3DS with 3d implemented correctly as a selling point, I'd bite. I'd be in.
Well Kid Icarus Uprising pretty much looks and plays like Sin and Punishment, but yes a 3D port of the original Sin and Punishment, graphics upgraded alal Starfox would be pretty amazing.

elfinke

One last extension worth mentioning YouTube Me Again!, which embeds YT videos into the post, allowing you to watch the video in the post:

U8RQi.jpg

And yes, I totally forgot about Kid Icarus! Hmmmm... sun is out for the first time in awhile.

Omi said:
Live in Greensborough, is alright for the burbs I guess, I like being able to get out to the sticks easily for farmers markets and such. Used to live in Viewbank, which is nicer due to actually being pretty close to the city (25mins in light traffic on weekends) and close proximity to Heidelberg as well as having the wetlands pretty close by as well.
Thanks man. Browsing around that whole area to see whether it's worth moving. Would prefer somewhere closer but don't want to work like a dog
(e.g. I'm lazy)
for it.

Probably going to buy the Game of Thrones RTS tonight. The political/alliance elements sound interesting, and it is ASoIaF, so I was really always going to buy it I guess.

I'll probably post some impressions late tonight of anyone is interested.

elfinke

MrSerrels said:
Doing that thing where I'm jetlagged as fuck and wake up at 4.30am and haven't slept since.

I'm tripping balls right now.

You didn't get off the plane and make some grand announcement did you? I hope your time away was awesome and you have come back refreshed!?

^^ lol at prof oak and hello serrels

I found some kookas cookies at the local woolies! Now to just get some white rabbit and James boags beer and get let down once again by the recommendations of ausgaf. Im hoping it's not like that time you were all into frozen creme eggs.

Dunno if anyone here is luddite enough to still buy records on vinyl, but JB Hifi's 20% discount on all vinyl offer (Melbourne Bourke St) is pretty sweet. I spent just over $100 this lunchtime and and am very pleased with my haul.

BaptistBlacktick said:
Dunno if anyone here is luddite enough to still buy records on vinyl, but JB Hifi's 20% discount on all vinyl offer (Melbourne Bourke St) is pretty sweet. I spent just over $100 this lunchtime and and am very pleased with my haul.
Oh nice! JB have great prices already on new vinyl. Very, very happy with my Major/Minor record that came last week.

BanShunsaku said:
Probably going to buy the Game of Thrones RTS tonight. I'll probably post some impressions late tonight of anyone is interested.
Considering how little I have found about the game you may be the first person to write a review. The lack of information that was released has lead me to believe it will be shit. Otherwise why release a game out to die with no hype?

Frawdder

3chopl0x said:
The Binding of Isaac is awesome, definitely worth 4.50 :D
Agreed.

Just played a bit of it myself and it is really good. It has that addictive 'one more turn/life' quality about it and even though I am terrible at staying alive, I just want to keep going. The randomness in the power ups and the rooms and enemies doesn't it make it feel stale as I've played the first 2 or 3 levels about 6 times and had a different experience in each playthrough.

Omikron

codswallop said:
Thanks man. Browsing around that whole area to see whether it's worth moving. Would prefer somewhere closer but don't want to work like a dog
(e.g. I'm lazy)
for it.

Yeah, the whole area isn't really that cheap I don't think, considering the distance from the city. Viewbank when we first moved there was uber inexpensive as no one really knew about it, not anymore unfortunately!

You looking at renting/buying?

jambo

Dammit, neither of the comic stores in town had Aquaman, surprise sell out. I also got the last copy of Superman in Adelaide!

DCs strategy seems to be working for now, people are lapping it up.

roosters93 said:
^^ lol at prof oak and hello serrels

I found some kookas cookies at the local woolies! Now to just get some white rabbit and James boags beer and get let down once again by the recommendations of ausgaf. Im hoping it's not like that time you were all into frozen creme eggs.
White Rabbit, yes! Boags... Eh.

Also yes to most stuff from Mountain Goat, Stone and Wood, Bridge Road Brewers...

Omi said:
Yeah, the whole area isn't really that cheap I don't think, considering the distance from the city. Viewbank when we first moved there was uber inexpensive as no one really knew about it, not anymore unfortunately!

You looking at renting/buying?
Just looking around with some wishful buying thinking. These areas are still cheap compared to Glen Waverley. Even the new estates in South Clayton/Westall where they ripped down a bunch of factories and put up townhouses are more expensive than Greensborough.

Whoops, I meant to edit that other post. Oh well.

Omikron

codswallop said:
Just looking around with some wishful buying thinking. These areas are still cheap compared to Glen Waverley. Even the new estates in South Clayton/Westall where they ripped down a bunch of factories and put up townhouses are more expensive than Greensborough.

Whoops, I meant to edit that other post. Oh well.

Yeah, its pretty depressing. We are so glad we got in when we did, even if we perhaps paid slightly over the odds at the time, all good now really as we have smashed the mortgage down and hope to upgrade in 12-18 months I think.

reptilescorpio said:
Oh nice! JB have great prices already on new vinyl. Very, very happy with my Major/Minor record that came last week.

I think it only lasts til the end of the week, mind you.

fredescu said:
BaptistBlacktick

Pavement fan?

Very much so. Caught the reunion tour last year and was filling up a bit (although the band displayed no such emotion).

Top Bottom