• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
I like you.

Kennedy's a gold mine for presidential-type humour. Bush, too.
That's all I've got, though. Seriously. Every time I try and think of something else, I start reverting to Futurama-esque robots like Marilyn Monroebot or just change existing presidents to sound like Scooby-Doo.

I suppose you could always go down the path of exploring Presidog's rise to fame a la Reagan. Television actor, that sort of thing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I make great sandwiches.

Why is today falling apart so quickly. For some reason the machines behind me aren't connecting to the ghost server and they are losing bios settings. I hope the 15 i've done before them haven't also lost the same bios settings.

Binding of isaac is also now out on steam. Maybe i will grab that for this weekends gaming.

Hmmmm. I really want Mario, but if I get a 3DS, I'm waiting for the inevitable revision with the two sticks.

I do have a Wii so I know what game I am playing though December.

The only way I'd get a 3DS sooner than a revision is if I have to go on a long trip for some reason. or if cheap enough.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Why would you want to make the background transparent? Try going to the layer at the bottom of the stack and lowering the opacity. Alternately, you could just delete everything on the background layer.

There is only one layer. :l
I'm trying to get rid of the white background in this pic:

FlatERic.jpg

elfinke

I cheated and used the magic brush in paint.net with the tolerance turned down to some random click spot. Works a treat for things like this though!

jambo

Just make sure it's the right dimensions and then upload it.

Here:
g4ofR.png

elfinke said:
I cheated and used the magic brush in paint.net with the tolerance turned down to some random click spot. Works a treat for things like this though!

I also used the magic brush in Paint.NET with tolerance set to 25.

And I saved my PNG in high quality =P

Sutton Dagger said:
What a terrible idea. I was hoping Super Mario 3D Land would be out mid December, won't they cannibalise each others sales? I certainly won't be getting both on the same day.

How will they cannibalise each other when they're different franchises on different systems?

Jintor

elfinke said:

Not really... pixel outline :p

elfinke

For mine I had to save it as a *.png with the background deleted from the image, which did the trick (used paint.net for all of it). I played around with transparency settings, but kept breaking things while doing so on this fairly limited work computer.

Pixel outline doesn't matter too much on a 90x90 avatar though, and if given a nicer treatment than the 2 seconds I used on that one lol, it can be overcome. And yeah, unlike Jambo's much nicer result, I didn't save it in high quality.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sutton Dagger said:
What a terrible idea. I was hoping Super Mario 3D Land would be out mid December, won't they cannibalise each others sales? I certainly won't be getting both on the same day.

Don't worry, Mario Kart 7 is out in December too.

jambo said:
How will they cannibalise each other when they're different franchises on different systems?

I imagine the cross over is huge. Most of those who already purchased a 3DS are Nintendo gamers from way back, the same people who own a Wii and support the Zelda franchise. Plus you're looking at $100 for Zelda, plus $60 for Mario (if you buy at local prices), not many people will buy 2 new games on one day.

jambo

If they're huge fans they'll buy both anyway.

EDIT: Also Nintendo games are very well known for having incredibly long legs, NSMBWii ended up doing something like 22 million!

3chopl0x said:
Photoshop wins

And when he uses it as an avatar it gets reduced to 86x120, so you can't even see the edges =P

elfinke

g4ofR.png

Save that one (Jambo's earlier av) to somewhere convenient for you, and link it to your account. It's a png rather than JPG, so should do the trick.

/edit: JamboooooOOOO!

jambo

Live Thread is awesome, I leave the AusGAF thread open in a tab and just let Live Thread update it through out the day.

It doesn't pick up edits, so sometimes you have to refresh the page, but it works great 95% of the time.

I also have a greasemonkey script that I installed in Chrome to turn the :lol text in to the old laughing smiley ^_^

elfinke

I also use the resize and hover extension for GAF, which is handy when browsing threads like the PC screenshot thread, as all the images are resized to a much more manageable size until you browse over them. Good for these crappy little work monitors.

jambo said:
Live Thread is awesome, I leave the AusGAF thread open in a tab and just let Live Thread update it through out the day.

It doesn't pick up edits, so sometimes you have to refresh the page, but it works great 95% of the time.

LOL, that's exactly what I do each and every morning.

Jintor

Anyway...

The SSD and Optical Drive I ordered yesterday arrived this morning and I installed them both (although I still need to tinker with the optical drive to get it working).

All these Madman anime came in today - Big O Collection, GiTS Individual 11 and FMP 1 and Fumoffu.

I have UMvC3 preview code.

Batman code arrives Tuesday.

I'm reviewing AssCreed:Rev.

Awesome.

Anyone living in Greensborough/Macleod/Lower Plenty/Viewbank area? Do you like it? I'm living in Glen Waverley and would prefer somewhere closer to the city, but I'd rather simply pay less even if that meant being a bit further out. But I don't want to live somewhere like Werribee, Frankston, Naree Warren so it doesn't seem too bad compared to them.

elfinke

commanderdeek said:
You're living life on the edge with "show spoilers when hovering over them" checked.

I used to have it set like that until the Dark SOuls thread came along...

That setemfree ext is brilliant, thanks for the heads up 3chopl0x!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
Anyone living in Greensborough/Macleod/Lower Plenty/Viewbank area? Do you like it? I'm living in Glen Waverley and would prefer somewhere closer to the city, but I'd rather simply pay less even if that meant being a bit further out. But I don't want to live somewhere like Werribee, Frankston, Naree Warren so it doesn't seem too bad compared to them.

I live out near Naree, Don't need cods down this way :D

evlcookie said:
I live out near Naree, Don't need cods down this way :D
I grew up in Frankston, so I know what it's like living miles away from anywhere, and in a shithole town to boot.

Edit: Before you start, I also lived in Leongatha for a few years, so I know what it's like living in a real nowhere town...

Shaneus

Is auto-refresh automatic? There was a little refresh icon with the standalone but I can't see it with the all-in-one thingy.

Top Bottom