• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Salazar

cc5y5.jpg
hrDmB.jpg

Michael Kroger and Janet Albrechtsen. What a charming new couple.

I am faintly ashamed to admit that her repulsive politics in combination with her admittedly above-average looks make her quite alluring to me. It's the Elsa Schneider conundrum.

Salazar

A quick google search indicates that she really does look amazingly like Big Mama.

Wish iPad Fifa 2012 had a star player mode.

Salazar

commanderdeek said:
Whoooooaa, where's Tiffany man????

Innumerable tiers above any other woman on earth. I haven't lost my mind.

Not only are unions bad, but they use "wicked emotional tricks". I mean, heaven forbid.

Dead Man

shanshan310 said:
eh, some of the articles she's written have been good.

This, however, was not one of them: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...g-qantas-workers/story-e6frg6zo-1226120744492

way to miss the point about why workers are striking -_- The funniest part is that there are a ton of messed up things to do with the Pilots union, but she hasn't addressed any of them and instead opted for the "Unions always bad" approach.
Unless you can produce one, I call bullshit on that.

Jintor

I'm just sad I have to play Arkham on a 360

Even with the rhythm combat this always felt like a PC game to me. Especially now with all dat eye candy.

guidop

Salazar said:
GNTJL.jpg

Dat imperturbable smugness.

I love how she is always banging on about inner city elites like she was born in shoe and only ate coal

wiki check: She went to a public school, blow me down

Deeku

Salazar said:
I haven't lost my mind.
You had me worried for a second :lol

I can't be bothered quoting people so in summary:

-Jpop is rad
-Bern's story is rad
-shanshan nailed it on the demographics of people doing japanese. in my experience, the ratio of crazy people to normal people is 10:1
-i don't bop to jpop

Aon said:
I had always totally wondered whether that was a real prevalent demographic in Asian language classes. I've always been kinda tempted to take a class in canto cos my girlfriend speaks it, but being seen as in that category seems so awkward xD
Can you even learn Cantonese? It's more of a dialect than a language if that makes any sense, and I'd imagine it being pretty hard to learn.

Gears 3 is already a lot more enjoyable than 2 was, the level design is still linear blocks of cover but at least it is colourful and a lot of fun. The "recap" video was laughable as it was more of an intro to the current game than having anything to do with the other 2 games. Probably for the best actually.

Vek

HolyCheck said:
Fake mate, watch the letters when the camera pans slightly.
Oh I'm under no impression that this is real, just like the CUNTFLAPS one on the UK version. Entertaining nonetheless :D

@Salazar: Thanks, and good to see you're back from the ban-cage.

markot

Banned
Alberechtsen is so awful >_>

AND.

Gears of REVIVE ME!!!!!!! More liek amirite?

(srsly so annoying hearing that crap in the next room)

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Can you even learn Cantonese? It's more of a dialect than a language if that makes any sense, and I'd imagine it being pretty hard to learn.

of course you can learn cantonese, silly

Deeku

Salazar said:
Why would a cosmetics saleswoman try to sell creams to a scruffy man with a beard ?

I ask you this.
Stylish dudes are usually scruffy!
Jintor said:
of course you can learn cantonese, silly
lol I meant in like at uni or something. I just think Cantonese would be really hard to learn for a westerner since you'd have to learn the chinese first, and then learn how to communicate in cantonese since everyday speech is pretty different to what's written in a newspaper.

I am canto so I am an expert!

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Stylish dudes are usually scruffy!

lol I meant in like at uni or something. I just think Cantonese would be really hard to learn for a westerner since you'd have to learn the chinese first, and then learn how to communicate in cantonese since everyday speech is pretty different to what's written in a newspaper.

I am canto so I am an expert!

Uh... wo bu zhi dao deim young shuo zhong wen!

Wait that's mando

shit.

Deeku

I thank TVB for my ability to speak well in canto.

That's probably what Aon should do. Watch asian dramas and you're bound to pick up some phrases.

I feel like I should have picked Chinese instead of Korean as my elective now. So many people around me speak chinese... no one speaks Korean.

I think they only teach Mandarin at universities, since its more widely spoken or something.

Deeku

You could always change! Doing Mandarin would help with your kanji too, although you might start getting confused since you'll start seeing characters in both languages that have very similar pronunciations.

Fun fact: the kanji for "to study" (benkyou 勉強) means "to force" in chinese :lol

Tntnnbltn

Box sets... so pretty...

801541.jpg
802437.jpg

They'd go lovely next to Buffy and Angel...

Ooh, free shipping...

Edit: Damn you, Ezydvd. Why no Six Feet Under box set?!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Tntnnbltn said:
Box sets... so pretty...

801541.jpg
802437.jpg

They'd go lovely next to Buffy and Angel...

Ooh, free shipping...

Edit: Damn you, Ezydvd. Why no Six Feet Under box set?!

Ooooh that's a new SG1 box, wonder if it has anything new or just the same disks reprinted AGAIN.

How about some new menus and shit.

commanderdeek said:
You could always change! Doing Mandarin would help with your kanji too, although you might start getting confused since you'll start seeing characters in both languages that have very similar pronunciations.

Fun fact: the kanji for "to study" (benkyou 勉強) means "to force" in chinese :lol

lol, that's awesome! But see, my worry is that all the kanji and the different meanings/ pronunciations will get jumbled up in my head and I won't be able to speak any language. Heck, whenever I'm with Japanese speaking people my brain just reverts back to this weird Japanese-English combination.

I'd really like to do Chinese conversation though (I can already say wo jiao Shannon. I'm so pro).

Dead Man

Stargate box sets always make me sad. I want it, then I look over at my shelf with the mix and match patchwork selection of seasons I already have, and I can't bring myself to buy it.

Top Bottom