• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

DeathJr said:
Saw this last night, vanilla Android sounds great. I wonder why only a 5mp camera? Hope this comes down under before December, and reasonably priced.
Yeah the camera seemed odd to me, and the rumours had the CPU pegged at 1.5GHz instead of 1.2GHz.

How are you going to drive and text without Swype?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
A 5MP camera isn't bad at all, As long as you have good equipment the lower the MP the better actually. So they could have easily made improvements to the shutters and whatever else magic happens in a camera.

Kerrby

Banned
Omi said:
Today my son is 6 months old. I am not quite sure where that 6 months has gone.

Maybe it's from all that lack of sleep, maybe your mind is so zoned out that this is actually a dream.

codswallop said:
Yeah the camera seemed odd to me, and the rumours had the CPU pegged at 1.5GHz instead of 1.2GHz.

How are you going to drive and text without Swype?
Why wouldn't Swype work on it? Anyway, i'm changing my job by the end of this month, so won't be driving a lot anymore.

DeathJr said:
Why wouldn't Swype work on it? Anyway, i'm changing my job by the end of this month, so won't be driving a lot anymore.
Swype will work on it, but as it's a vanilla Android device won't come packaged, unlike all the other Samsung devices which come with it free.

Swype isn't a part of Android.

codswallop said:
Swype will work on it, but as it's a vanilla Android device won't come packaged, unlike all the other Samsung devices which come with it free.

Swype isn't a part of Android.
I know that, both my previous Androids didn't have it pre loaded. I use the Swype beta, have an account with them since last year and have donated moneys to them as well.

DeathJr said:
I know that, both my previous Androids didn't have it pre loaded. I use the Swype beta, have an account with them since last year and have donated moneys to them as well.
Ahh right. I assumed since you had a Samsung phone you used the integrated one.

Omikron

I am not a fan of swype.

Meanwhile, spent the last 30 mins sketching out an idea for a little app/card game. Exciting times at work this Friday.

Fusebox

Banned
markot said:
http://andriasang.com/comyhj/

So, like do all Japanese people know the 'romanised' version of their language >.<?

If so, JUST SPEAK ENGLISH!

A lot of Japanese people aren't comfortable using their English around native instrument speakers, they're quite a shy people about certain things and they don't want to risk being embarrassed.

Interestingly enough though they're very encouraging toward tourists who speak shitty Japanese.

I used Swype for about a week and it's one of those things that works really well for common words. Once you get a word you rarely use, can't remember how to spell or just one of those finicky words, then it's no better than regular input.

But when it works, it works really well. I gave up on it because I didn't want to pay for it, but more importantly the digitiser on my phone is kind of screwed and it actually made it more difficult.

just preordered BF3 from GMG. I hope they get Activision sorted out by November. I'm not sure the chances of getting MW3 cheaply anywhere else are that high (I got lucky with D2D's sale last year for Blops)

In other news, I'm starting to like using this magic trackpad with my desktop computer

Kerrby said:
How do I get swype for my shitty cheap android phone? Is it free?
Go to Swype.com and check if you're handset is supported. If yes, then sign up for the beta.

Once you get comfortable using Swype, you can't go back to normal texting. At least I can't.

Kerrby

Banned
DeathJr said:
Go to Swype.com and check if you're handset is supported. If yes, then sign up for the beta.

Once you get comfortable using Swype, you can't go back to normal texting. At least I can't.

Okay I just spent 10 minutes looking to see if my handset is supported and can't find it.

Could I have a link please :3?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What's up bitches, I'm hyperactive today.

Some weird shit going down I tells ya.

Kerrby said:
Okay I just spent 10 minutes looking to see if my handset is supported and can't find it.

Could I have a link please :3?
Which one do you have? I'm pretty sure it would support Swype, unless it's one of those $99 handsets. :p

Stackboy

roosters93 said:
So I'm going to Brisbane from next Tuesday to Sunday. Anything to do?

If you like music, check out the gig guide at http://www.ravemagazine.com.au/. If you're looking for a nice night out, check out the restaurants in West End, take a ferry ride and go check out the Powerhouse in New Farm, always have something interesting going on there. Gallery of Modern Art is cool. Mount Coot-Tha has a nice lookout and view of the city.

Good bars in the Valley which always have free music are Rics and X and Y.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Nintendo going third party!

I haven't had a cold in many many months, I think this is due to taking daily vitamin capsules. Every time i've attempted to work out I end up getting a cold within a week and that's caused me too stop (along with laziness). I seem to have lost a few kg's and i have no idea how but this has given me the idea to start working out again.

I look forward to getting a cold next week and quitting.

Also RPS wot i think, seems to be a fan of rage overall.

hamchan

DualShadow said:
I'm still on the fence about Dark Souls, I know it will be a good game but the learning curve seems so steep.

Should probably play Demon's Souls first since it's cheaper, less risk of not liking it that way, and I hear Dark Souls is pretty much the same thing except in an open world.

markot

Banned
If it was Nintendo going third party Vook would be so depressed he would be on Jupiter.

Get it? It has high gravity!

markot said:
If it was Nintendo going third party Vook would be so depressed he would be on Jupiter.

Get it? It has high gravity!

rQi8V.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wish HP would hurry the fuck up and send out some stock. I'm now waiting on just over 150 machines and 150 monitors to turn up. I sure as hell don't want all of it turning up at once.

It's been over two weeks since the first order. Hurry up HP!

Work is so dead it's not funny either. Bored bored bored.

evlcookie said:
I wish HP would hurry the fuck up and send out some stock. I'm now waiting on just over 150 machines and 150 monitors to turn up. I sure as hell don't want all of it turning up at once.

It's been over two weeks since the first order. Hurry up HP!

What's the status on partner portal? Have you escalated it?

Yagharek

Rez said:
I don't get the gravity thing?

1. the force of attraction that moves or tends to move bodies towards the centre of a celestial body, such as the earth or moon
2. specific gravity See also centre of gravity the property of being heavy or having weight
3. another name for gravitation
4. seriousness or importance, esp as a consequence of an action or opinion
5. manner or conduct that is solemn or dignified

6. lowness in pitch
7. ( modifier ) of or relating to gravity or gravitation or their effects: gravity wave ; gravity feed

[C16: from Latin gravit&#257;s weight, from gravis heavy]

Unless markot has a different way of reading this:

012ec2c92f77b1206e3ae0edfe5a541d.png

Top Bottom