• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo said:
Played a little bit earlier, the potion stuff looks pretty cool and there are some interesting new blocks.

Also, BABY ANIMALS

tZC5k.png

=D
BBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ANIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
(but given that they are already soooo cute. i think baby versions will just end up looking grotesque. :(

Dead Man

So... how about those solar panels huh? The SA opposition are accusing the government of incompetence becuase the solar scheme is costing too much moeny, becuase too many people are getting solar panels.

Too many people are getting solar panels.

People reducing their dependance on non renewable energy is a bad thing.

Bet you hadn't heard that for a while.

Fuckers.

deadmeadow88 said:
flying up from adelaide :)
EB expo AND Soundwave? That's too much excitement for one gaffer.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dead Man said:
So... how about those solar panels huh? The SA opposition are accusing the government of incompetence becuase the solar scheme is costing too much moeny, becuase too many people are getting solar panels.

Too many people are getting solar panels.

People reducing their dependance on non renewable energy is a bad thing.

Bet you hadn't heard that for a while.

Fuckers.

EB expo AND Soundwave? That's too much excitement for one gaffer.

Yup my Mum and Stepdad pay nothing for elec bills or water bills now (rain water) it's quite nice :)

also WHERE THE HECK DID THIS WEATHER JUST COME FROM MELBOURNE

hamchan

Alright, I'm finding the start of Dark Souls quite a bit harder than the start of Demon's Souls. Poor newbies to the series have no idea what they're in for.

Fogz

hamchan said:
Alright, I'm finding the start of Dark Souls quite a bit harder than the start of Demon's Souls. Poor newbies to the series have no idea what they're in for.

I have no idea what I'm in for :(

Aon

hamchan said:

I'm not really finding that to be the case. Has it been ages since you played Demon's Souls? Maybe you're just rusty on flow of the combat? I did just finished Demon's Souls again last night so that's probably it.

Deeku

hamchan said:
Yep, totally agree:lol

I don't remember being constantly surrounded by dudes beating on me in Demon's Souls. And there seem to be A LOT more paths that leads to a fall.

And enemies respawning after resting at bonfire SUCKS!

hamchan

Aon said:
I'm not really finding that to be the case. Has it been ages since you played Demon's Souls? Maybe you're just rusty on flow of the combat? I did just finished Demon's Souls again last night so that's probably it.

I was just playing Demon's Souls before popping in Dark Souls. I think it's the open world of it all. Like, you're forced to do 1-1 in Demon's Souls and that's a pretty easy level I think, so I'm comparing it to that. In Dark Souls when you first pop into the world you have more freedom of where to go, and it turns out going down means death.

Anyways a bit into that level I found a locked door, opened it with my master key, descended slowly down some stairs and aggroed a special enemy who killed me in one shot. Then when I respawned I accidentally rolled off a ledge, whoops lol.

Also the enemies are a lot smarter than Demon's Souls, which is a good thing.

Shaneus said:
Attention reptilescorpio: NEW 'THE LEAGUE' IS OUT!!!!
Community as well, but.. THE LEAGUE!!!11~~one

FARRRRRRRRRK

i forgot

i watched the new community though, pretty meh
i liked the first two episodes quite a bit.

i need more troy though
<3

Dead Man said:
So... how about those solar panels huh? The SA opposition are accusing the government of incompetence becuase the solar scheme is costing too much moeny, because too many people are getting solar panels.
Sounds about right for this bizarro world we seem to live in. Hell in a hand basket.

Bernbaum said:
One of the ditzy office TA's is competing as a figure model this weekend.
Links please!

deadmeadow88 said:
Mastodon, yay! Kveletak, yay! Devy, yay! Dillinger, yay!

OF the new announcements I'm interested in.... SOAD, meshuggah, I hear new machinehead is good, black label society....

Will be avoiding the throng of slip bizkit fans lol. Beer o'clock wooh!
Oh shit! All of the above (including Limp) is of interest to me! Kveletak, Dillinger and Machinehead will all be amazing live. MelbGAF meet up?

evlcookie said:
NDA lifts for bulldozer on the 12th/13th. I think there's some leaked benchies and dodgy looking reviews out there at the moment.
What are the odds of a Sandy Bridge pricedrop?

Shaneus said:
Attention reptilescorpio: NEW 'THE LEAGUE' IS OUT!!!!
Community as well, but.. THE LEAGUE!!!11~~one
Reposting for joy! Hopefully they haven't dropped in quality.

Bernbaum said:
Ico + SotC get! What horrid boxart!

Also - PUB GET!
Doesn't the local copy have the reversible cover? If not jump in the OT and print out one of the many brilliant covers created here on GAF.

Agyar said:

Thank you.

Stackboy said:
If you like music, check out the gig guide at http://www.ravemagazine.com.au/. If you're looking for a nice night out, check out the restaurants in West End, take a ferry ride and go check out the Powerhouse in New Farm, always have something interesting going on there. Gallery of Modern Art is cool. Mount Coot-Tha has a nice lookout and view of the city.

Good bars in the Valley which always have free music are Rics and X and Y.

And thank you more. :)

I could go see Jamahl. -.-

Aon

hamchan said:
I was just playing Demon's Souls before popping in Dark Souls. I think it's the open world of it all. Like, you're forced to do 1-1 in Demon's Souls and that's a pretty easy level I think, so I'm comparing it to that. In Dark Souls when you first pop into the world you have more freedom of where to go, and it turns out going down means death.

Anyways a bit into that level I found a locked door, opened it with my master key, descended slowly down some stairs and aggroed a special enemy who killed me in one shot. Then when I respawned I accidentally rolled off a ledge, whoops lol.

Also the enemies are a lot smarter than Demon's Souls, which is a good thing.

I ran into that guy too and just ran away after i saw what a pathetic dent a 2 handed swing made in his health bar xD Same with Goat Horned Knight downwards as well. Godamn this rat poison hurts.

Still, only died once so far. Perhaps bandit is the sweet way to play this game.

reptilescorpio said:
Is there a way in Chrome to send the page I am looking at directly to my Android phone so it pops up? That would be a cool functional thing.
Yes. Install the "Chrome to Phone" extension on Chrome, and the same on the Android phone. Even works with Google Maps directions and navigation, etc.

reptilescorpio said:
Bought five of them for kiosks for work. For anything other than a kiosk, they're pretty awful. Mostly because Windows 7 is totally unsuited to this format. Would not recommend.

reptilescorpio said:
Is there a way in Chrome to send the page I am looking at directly to my Android phone so it pops up? That would be a cool functional thing.

'Chrome to phone' extension.

Send browser links from Chrome to your phone.
Google Maps links launch the Google Maps application on Android.
YouTube links launch the YouTube application on Android.
Selecting a phone number will automatically launch the dialer with the number populated.
Selecting text on a Web page will copy the clipboard to Android (long press a text box to paste on Android).

markot

Banned
Minecraft is a pretty shameless rip off of Terraria >.<

Also why when you cutteth the trees do they not fall over. WHAT KIND OF TREES ARE THESE?! I hope someone got fired for that.

markot

Banned
I was using the medium of joking to be funny!

Also some weird... guy with arrows killed me at night, what a jerk. At least in Terraria the zombies have a reason for trying to kill me. (THEY ARE ZOMIBES!)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: Wow I uh yeah. I really missed that one haha
Totally unintended.

I was actually referring to the very start. That came out of left field and I found it hilarious.

codswallop said:
Yes. Install the "Chrome to Phone" extension on Chrome, and the same on the Android phone. Even works with Google Maps directions and navigation, etc.
DeathJr said:
'Chrome to phone' extension.
Thank you gentlemen!
Also Android Market just had an update to make it look more like Win Phone 7... Not sure if like yet.

Edit: Actually it is really damn good. Huge improvement. Much faster too on my SGS2.

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: Wow I uh yeah. I really missed that one haha
Totally unintended.

I was actually referring to the very start. That came out of left field and I found it hilarious.
The video clip? Yeah, I fucking loved that. Went on a little too long but otherwise awesome. I absolutely loved "pumpernickel", too.

hamchan

Anyone else here playing Dark Souls beaten the Undead Parish yet?

The normal enemies aren't easy. I have to spend ages circling the red caped skeletons looking for a backstab. Then the guy at the top owns me and I lose all my souls ;_;

Top Bottom